General Pre-launch Discussion

General Questions
nos6074

Re: R2 Mercury - Available to order

Post by nos6074 »

sounds fair to me.. Im in it for the long haul so this sounds like the perfect way to get a very precise and special series of puzzles :P
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

I think whatever work for chris is good ... IF you do want his puzzles ... Then buy your voyager now or wait and See them sell for a much higher price on eBay !!! Haha glad to be there !!!!!

The only thing i want to ear is that they are making progress on the mercury :)
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

It just seems that 100 puzzles is such a small run when it comes to the price of the design process, setup, and machining.
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

100 may seem like a small batch though I feel it's more than enough for Chris to work towards at this time. In the event the demand is high enough and they need well beyond 100 then I'm sure they'll do what they need to do.

Does anyone know how soon Chris wants to release the Venus after Mercury? or Earth after Venus, etc? Let's say Chris was going to make 250 Mercury, 250 Venus, 250 Earth, etc. That's 2500 puzzles that he has to make by hand to complete the series not including the SE puzzles. How long would all of this take him?

If Chris sticks to 100 for each puzzle, we're already looking at 1000 puzzles just for the main 10. Even this seems like a huge workload for one person to do by hand (and without it taking forever) considering the level of skill, creativity and quality that are easily going to make these the alien technology of puzzles:)
Orko

Post by Orko »

Hi everyone,
did i understand that right, that inside the R2 puzzles are coins? If so, are they just to collect or are there any hints or clues for coming things on it?

Thanks for your answers! :roll:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Orko wrote:Hi everyone,
did i understand that right, that inside the R2 puzzles are coins? If so, are they just to collect or are there any hints or clues for coming things on it?

Thanks for your answers! :roll:
From the description:

Each maze conceals a voyager coin and each coin contains a coded message. The first Revo voyager to decode that message will win the solitary Revomaze R1 Voyager puzzle.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
Orko

Post by Orko »

Thanks Chyron,

i allready saw this, but my english is sh*t, so i wanted to make sure that i underatand that right. (never trust google translation :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

All this discussion is interesting, but here's something that I find very interesting ....

If my understanding is correct, only 100 puzzles of each type are being made. Each puzzle will be sold for 100GBP. This total's to 10,000GBP per puzzle assuming all puzzles are sold from the batch. (And since Voyager status guarantees me the puzzle at that price, there is no additional revenue from non Voyager sales, given that the only way to get one now is to be a voyager customer).

So, Chris, and RevoGirl have a total income of 10,000GPB per run. Based on past experience, let's assume that 1 puzzle is released per year. so annual income is now 10,000 GBP.

Anyone else see a problem with that?

Now lets be optimistic, and say we get two puzzles per year ... not helping much is it?
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

That's exactly my concern Juggler.

Don't close the door now, or I will have a hard time believing the company is sustainable!

Now I know work has been done already on future puzzles, like the Jupiter. But we've also been told before that we were looking at weeks not months, several months ago.

I'm not trying to be a downer but just help me understand how it could possibly work while so limited?
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
Auroch

Post by Auroch »

From what I've gathered, one of the main reasons the Mercury has taken this long is due to everything else Chris was juggling at the time and that's only from what has been shared via the forum. Despite it being a huge workload for one person, who is to say that he isn't able to blast through more than 2 or 3 puzzles of this type per year for the R2 series? I have no idea either way and this is definitely optimism though perhaps the aim is to have a manageable number for each puzzle so that he doesn't have to go down the "1 puzzle per year" route this time.

If we know that work has already been done on later puzzles in this series, is it too outrageous to think that perhaps most of the work has been planned out already or placed into a tentative sort of schedule so that they will be able to release enough puzzles over the next year and earn what they need to? I also have no idea how much supplies cost for the R2s though let's say Chris is capable of pumping out the first 5 in a year. That's already looking way better as far as the math goes - and perhaps they now have a secondary source of income so that it isn't just about how much the Mercury or Venus bring in...??? I have no idea. These are all simply ideas.

We all have very little information to build off of at this point so who knows what they have in mind or how they want to be doing things. We can always ask! Either way, I don't imagine Chris and Sophie would have overlooked something as significant as only bringing in 10,000GBP over a year :)

We'll find out soon enough though.

Return to “Mercury General”