The limit used to be stated as 100 though :(
BR*****
AG*****
TI00276
CU*****
nos6074

Re: R2 Mercury - Available to order

Post by nos6074 »

Could be a glitch on the number available. When Sophie contacted me about my SN just last week there was about 20 numbers for me to choose from, and none of them over 100. Over all I would say that I am just glad that Revomaze is putting in the effort for the creation of these puzzles. Other than the Rubics cubes and small wooden puzzles I have yet to find more than a few companies (All based in the UK) that even attempt the caliber of puzzles that are being produced. In all actuality there is only Revomaze and Sonic Games that do this on a continual basis. As frustrating as it can be to be given a timeframe that gets extended we still need to support Revomaze because lets face it they are the only ones that do what they do. I can wait as long as they keep up with their end and actually complete the entire series.. Dont want to have 1 or 2 then have the line go dead if you know what I mean.
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

I still consider myself new to the Revomaze experience even though I'm in the waiting room for puzzles. I agree there is nothing more disappointing when timescales slip and things fail to materlise and it seems easy to forget the personal troubles befallen Chris and his family. To come out of the other side and still have the enthusiasm and charge to continue producing top quality products all most single handed is some achievement. My hat is off to Chris and Revomaze in providing an unsurpassed experience with the puzzles produced.

All monies paid is, for me and probably all, hard earned and any investment has an amount of risk. Although I've had to wait it has always proved worthwhile. I'm a proud revomaze owner and will remain so.

Consider the story of the mini. Yes, it took time to come into being but look back at where it started, £55 each and now it's up to £150. How many mini owners look at where it is now and feel warm and fuzzy inside that they took the plunge and waited and duly rewarded in an excellent piece of engineering. I see it as a real prize to own and after all those that took the plunge of the first batch were rewarded not only with the kudos of having the first but their patience was rewarded in a price saving in excess of the price paid. Overall that's a double win.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
ReVoMaster
Site Admin

Post by ReVoMaster »

Dear All

After Sophie has mentioned this thread, it is best that I post an update myself. I can see some of you are again unhappy at the progress of the R2 (as am I), but will discuss some of your points.

After the traumatic May and June, I have been working with Sophie's guidance to get everything into priority order. As I am working on everything in terms of making up sets and machining the R2's, I have to put my time to best use and this is in the workshop, not the office.

Firstly, someone mentioned that the engineers are making the sets so that should not affect the R2's. That is wrong, because I have to engrave, assemble, polish, package, produce the box then arrange shipping, 10 sets = 60 puzzles at a time and I am ensuring they are of a standard expected. This takes more time than I would like but I am only one man, with only the occasional help of my son Michael.

The Voyager status is a method for me to work out what I would need to do and to help plan for the numbers. As mentioned, I have also purchased some machines that have now been converted to run Mach 3 by myself and then to program them as well.

The revenue generated by the initial sale of Mercury was to purchase the material and tooling. While many of you think I have made a large amount from the sales, this is incorrect I have in fact had to re-mortgage my family home and neither myself nor my family have had a break for five years. I have made many personal sacrifices as this is my only income.

Time is not on my side, and when things go wrong - I have to sort them. For those of you who wish to refund the voyager status, and Mercury - no problem, please contact Sophie and I will arrange this. I will be asking some of the people who feel let down (from their comments) to accept a refund to ensure they feel not out of pocket.

Many cite a lack of communication, however neither myself nor Sophie are actively on the forum (i.e. reading posts) unless they are pointed out to us by the administrators or the moderators. Sophie and I however, check our pm's (Sophie checks every day) and replies. The forum is a separate entity that stands apart from HQ. Those who have emailed Sophie have received responses immediately however questions directed on the forum threads may not been seen for days. I would therefore strongly recommend emailing Sophie directly with your questions.

For those who can understand and still would like to receive Mercury, I appreciate your loyalty and patience and know the puzzle you will receive will be a treasured item.

After a difficult time, I am continuing to be productive and doing the right thing to ensure everyone is happy. Anyone who is not, please get in touch with Sophie or myself and we will get you sorted out.

From now until Christmas, I wish to get my head down and to clear ALL the backlog and with the organisation skills of Sophie we are getting there.

All the best

Chris
ReVoMaster
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Nice to hear, and keep up the good work.
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

Thank you for the update Chris. I am glad to hear that through everything you are still putting forth the effort. As for me I did not get into the Revomaze series until this summer so I missed the opportunity to get many of your puzzles and compete in the previous competitions so Im just stoked that I can get in on the ground floor of this one. Perhaps we all need to remember that the puzzling community is not as large as say the gaming community. Frustrations set aside I would bet even the veteran Revoer's would rather see you succeed as you provide us with the enigmas that we all desire. Keep your head up and although there may be some frustrations along the way I am certain there will be great rewards in the end.
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Chris, I just want to thank you for doing all of this.. Quality puzzles here in the US do not exist.. I have no problem waiting for your puzzles.. Being an Aerospace Machine/Tooling inspector for 10 years people just don't know what level of effort is required to put out a product of this quality.. Be patient all, the wait is worth it.. I will be joining the long wait for the Mercury puzzle today.. :D KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

Kirk2000 wrote:Chris, I just want to thank you for doing all of this.. Quality puzzles here in the US do not exist.. I have no problem waiting for your puzzles.. Being an Aerospace Machine/Tooling inspector for 10 years people just don't know what level of effort is required to put out a product of this quality.. Be patient all, the wait is worth it.. I will be joining the long wait for the Mercury puzzle today.. :D KIRK
well said.. I also live in the US and other than the traditional wooden puzzles or a few of the small metal puzzles we do not have any thing close to these. All of the best ones come from the UK. I dont really understand the tooling procedures but I know they can be intricate.
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

Since im broke im not betting on the CP collection but now i cant wait to finaly get my hand on the mercury ... At least i already paid for it :D
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

Im right there with you. I paid for the chance to bid but I just cant spend a bunch due to this years substantial amount of pre orders. But Im hoping we get the Mercury soon :D

Return to “Mercury General”