Purple Update

General Questions.
Dorothea

Re: Purple Update

Post by Dorothea »

A little review of purple:

The first difference to any other revo i know was in the start line.
To go round you have to go along some notch (the maze comes out a bit in the start reset).

After entering the maze i could explore about 1/4 of the map.
There are some ramps and some ledges - nothing i havn't seen in the other mazes.

Something remembered me of bronze - but there was no way to do the "magic".

I tried different orientations and after more fidddling around something changed
(i didn't know why)
and suddenly there was a chance to proceed.

The map was filled some more (a little like green) but there still was "unused" space.
So i was suprised when the dot showed up.

After opening the revo i saw it was dumb luck as i still didn't know about the "purple secret"
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Intriguing... especially the start ring. They have all been pretty similar from what I've seen...

Thanks for the post!
Starting over
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

astr0creep wrote:
jerryloo71 wrote:Very nice! Is the maze core plated? I can't really tell from the photo
No plating, just brass.
Was there ever a plated Purple? Looks like the picture of one on the Revomaze Twitter site is plated, unless my eyes deceive me.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

darctangent wrote: Was there ever a plated Purple? Looks like the picture of one on the Revomaze Twitter site is plated, unless my eyes deceive me.
I could be wrong, but that's probably a different core in a purple sleeve. There's a good chance that photo may have been taken before the purple mazes even existed.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
darctangent

Post by darctangent »

Paradox wrote: I could be wrong, but that's probably a different core in a purple sleeve. There's a good chance that photo may have been taken before the purple mazes even existed.
That is my suspicion as well. Tricky, tricky...
Does anyone know differently?
Thanks,
Shane.
CE 105 BU CE 105 GR CE 105 BR CE 105 AG CE 105 AU CE 105 TI AQ00105 MT105
PU01 BL00LE HM12LE R00105 OR00105 LI00105 GM 105 CU00105 IN00105
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

Sounds about right.

The biggest problem has been things not quite going to plan. Production takes too long, too costly, bumped for a larger project, switched engineers, designs needing to be redrafted for new engineers. Its been a long haul. In a perfect world Chris would be making a nice chunk of change because he's not out of ideas or customers... but its so hard to produce all of it.

There was a picture long long before it was "produced". I think it was supposed to be gold plated. The fabled purple was supposed to be a timed race at a show case and literally duel between revo-ers and those who were in from the beginning. Sad to say, the change of plans put off quite a few people who aren't around any more.

I think Chris has done a marvelous job with the resources he's had and the support/patience of the community. Sophie (to my understanding!) taking over the business portion I'm sure is a blessing for Chris' time.

We'd all love to see a quicker turn around from concept to delivery but with 2 people?! That's a mountain of work. *hat is off to them for their efforts!
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Naz737 wrote:I think Chris has done a marvelous job with the resources he's had and the support/patience of the community. Sophie (to my understanding!) taking over the business portion I'm sure is a blessing for Chris' time.

We'd all love to see a quicker turn around from concept to delivery but with 2 people?! That's a mountain of work. *hat is off to them for their efforts!

Agreed!
Starting over
Rachel K

Post by Rachel K »

wow thank you! that's very kind. Both Chris and I really appreciate the understanding of our customers and we realise how lucky we are to have you guys! :oops: :D

Thanks for the continued support it really does help spur us on!

Return to “Purple General”