I made it to round 9 or beyond.
46%
I won a purple!
4%

Total votes: 24

Chyron

Re: Purple Lotto Rounds 30-39

Post by Chyron »

There's a rather vocal group of people who would get upset if rules were changed.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

So does any one know roughly how many are still in? I was knocked out a bout 6 weeks ago and i was expecting this stage to be over by now lol!
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Chyron wrote:There's a rather vocal group of people who would get upset if rules were changed.
Um, hello ... what about the vocal group who commented at the start of this farce, and were ignored? Enough is enough. Admit it is not working, move on.

Please don't get me wrong, I don't bring this up because I'm not part of the people who are 'still in' but more from the fact that this is already far beyond a sensible time frame, the two outright Purple owners do not have their mazes, and there's no end in sight, so no deadline for those mazes to be made or shipped. It's more non-communication, and pointless cycling.

[edit] removing my own comments [/edit]
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
maztec

Post by maztec »

Chyron wrote:There's a rather vocal group of people who would get upset if rules were changed.
Per the intent behind the rules as described at one point, no Purple mazes will be sent out until all of them are allocated.

It is quite possible that the current "competition" could literally last forever. That is, it is entirely possible that this round will never end nor any other round after it. As it stands, based on the calculations I have done, there are only two combinations of numbers that will definitely reduce the current group to 3 or less. That means there is a 2 in 13,983,816 chance that this lottery will end each week.

However, I suppose the difference here comes down to two groups: those who do not play lotteries, because they know they are a suckers game; and those who play the lottery thinking they are going to be the next big winner every week. The latter are going to cry and scream and be "vocal" and "upset" and throw a fit if they do not get to watch the contest dwindle away for eternity; while the former realize that this drawing is utter BS.
OOOOOOOoo
pcad

Post by pcad »

The only 2 that were posting we're Naz and Jerry. There was a silent third person that was using the poll too. There were a bunch of people that don't participate with the forum/poll. If only one of them are still alive the lottery continues.

My guess is that 4 - 7 people remain. Take it with a grain of salt since I can only count three from last round and we're apparently not finished yet.
Last edited by pcad on Fri May 31, 2013 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Possibly the same group.

I'm not saying I disagree with the changes of rules, I think it needs to happen too. I've just seen repeated comments about how this is bad bad bad, and that the initial change was bad bad bad, and changing again would be bad bad bad. Plenty of warnings about making changes again. I'd just let it sit too if I were dealing with all of us.

It's statistically possible for this contest to end, but not probable. One of the big issues is the bonus ball.

The second is not having dwindling pools. 15 is a LOT out of 49. I'm not going to say I know how to do it, but perhaps it should have never gone that high to begin with. I think it was a hastily planned project.

It reminds me why I don't play the lottery -- One time is fun, but after playing and not winning for 3 months, it's just a waste.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Chyron wrote:Possibly the same group.

I'm not saying I disagree with the changes of rules, I think it needs to happen too. I've just seen repeated comments about how this is bad bad bad, and that the initial change was bad bad bad, and changing again would be bad bad bad. Plenty of warnings about making changes again. I'd just let it sit too if I were dealing with all of us.

It's statistically possible for this contest to end, but not probable. One of the big issues is the bonus ball.

The second is not having dwindling pools. 15 is a LOT out of 49. I'm not going to say I know how to do it, but perhaps it should have never gone that high to begin with. I think it was a hastily planned project.

It reminds me why I don't play the lottery -- One time is fun, but after playing and not winning for 3 months, it's just a waste.
The big issue is the entire lottery.
It also should have never been available to so many people. It seems like a bad attempt at keeping people who are losing interest and faith in a company interested.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

^ exactally!! :|
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
pcad

Post by pcad »

Staying with the idea of a lottery where everyone has some chance of winning, what could be done to speed things up?

Decrease how many numbers each person is allowed. It seems like 15 is too high an upper limit.

Use additional lotto games and have 5 or more drawings per week.

Must match 2 or more numbers to stay in.

Eliminate the bonus ball.

Just a few ideas. ;)
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
maztec

Post by maztec »

Eliminating the bonus ball is not going to make a substantial difference.

Only need one easy rule to make a difference:

Any number that has been drawn more than 2 times consecutively or 5 times in total during the current selection period is removed from consideration. If you wanted things to last a bit longer, you could make it 3 times consecutively and 10 times in total. Either way, it would quickly shrink the pool of people staying in simply because the same numbers are drawn again and again.

Alternatively, you should raise the requirement each month/60 days .. After 60 days you must match at least 2 numbers to stay in. :\
OOOOOOOoo

Return to “Purple General”