Revomaze Competition! 10 X Revomaze Purple Up For Grabs

General Questions.
Chyron

Re: Revomaze Competition! 10 X Revomaze Purple Up For Grabs

Post by Chyron »

I can't speak on behalf of anyone, but I'd imagine with the goal of announcing/releasing a new line of products coming soon, the wind-down of the old models... They're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do you appease people who may or may not have enjoyed the competition to get on a list that closed years ago... Or give a chance to everyone who's supported the business in the past, including the not-so-quick ones?

If I were in their position i'd be hard pressed to offer a contest now to people on a list that hasn't changed for a large amount of time and isolate current active people. I'd rather get people involved who are active here and now. The promotion itself is a form of advertisement, get the word out now before the new R2's, bring back old customers. Might lose a few customer's, but might gain more.

I don't know. It's as much a gamble as a lotto.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

Well the Yellow was talked about a while back, and I seem to recall that "It would be used for other purposes". Maybe there will be something for those who have opened the puzzles, and were on the leaderboards in terms of a Yellow?

Just throwing it out there.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
astr0creep

Post by astr0creep »

As I guess I can be considered impartial in this competition I think I should put in my 2 pence...

I really hope tickets tickets will only be allocated for "open" mazes, its just unfair for the people who solved the most puzzles not to have the biggest advatages.

The silver and gold were soul crushingly difficult and the time and effort invested by everyone who actually solved these beasts should be rewarded! As for the lime I currently dont have the cash for one so cannot comment on its difficulty, but I understand its quite tricky ;)

I would go as far to say that at least 2 tickets should be awarded for each of these killer 3 mazes opened, just a thought...

I hope the rules for this will be fully clarified soon...
Blue Obs open
Black Obs V1 open
Black Obs V2 open
Blue Ext open
Green Ext open
Bronze Ext open
Silver Ext open
Gold Ext open
Orange Ext open
PU SCW UK in progress!

Mercry Open, kinda...

astr0creep
stet

Post by stet »

Chyron wrote: Do you appease people who may or may not have enjoyed the competition to get on a list that closed years ago... Or give a chance to everyone who's supported the business in the past, including the not-so-quick ones?
People who purchased their puzzles after the leader boards were filled knew, or at least should have known that they were out of the competion for those puzzles. There is nothing to appease with them. The leader boards and competitions were specifically for those who bought the puzzles when they first came out and competed to solve them fast enough to earn a place on them.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
Killerkel

Post by Killerkel »

I always expected there would not be a competition in the end.

lets look to the future here as series ends with a great big bun fight. At least this way Chris can repay everyone who has been loyal to his brand and in the end he can only continue with people buying his puzzles. So the more loyal you have been the better chance you get.

It does not matter how much you have played with them it matters that you bought them in the first place, and that you will continue to buy new products as they come available.

Can I make the suggestion that he runs the competition/lotto giving 20 or so away and afterwards he makes the purple for general release at a reasonable price. WIN WIN !
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Killerkel wrote:Can I make the suggestion that he runs the competition/lotto giving 20 or so away...
that would make me a happy camper. it would double my chances of getting one and i could have #20!!!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Killerkel wrote:I always expected there would not be a competition in the end.

lets look to the future here as series ends with a great big bun fight. At least this way Chris can repay everyone who has been loyal to his brand and in the end he can only continue with people buying his puzzles. So the more loyal you have been the better chance you get.

It does not matter how much you have played with them it matters that you bought them in the first place, and that you will continue to buy new products as they come available.

Can I make the suggestion that he runs the competition/lotto giving 20 or so away and afterwards he makes the purple for general release at a reasonable price. WIN WIN !
As one of the dirty-rotten-latecomers-who-still-wants-a-purple-for-their-collection camp, I'd like this solution too =p
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

Its about time for Jospeh or Revomaster Chris to post an update and their feelings and intent for this Lottery.
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
maztec

Post by maztec »

smiteo wrote:Its about time for Jospeh or Revomaster Chris to post an update and their feelings and intent for this Lottery.

Or not, as there is no way they can make everyone happy. Up to them. :)
OOOOOOOoo
Mr. Tea

Post by Mr. Tea »

I thought the competition was originally something to do with people on leaderboards and this is what a-maze-ing and astr0creep have won (excluding cash prize and have to trip to London/Vegas) and now the lottery is a different, completely separate competition, that coincidentally has the same prize. I'm hedging my bets and going for the blue pro quick solve best now 1:53 but not got official stop-clock just using phone. I think that means i'm over half way there!
BU01080 Open
BR00486 Open
OR00108 Open
TI (SE) 18-50 Open
LM00018 Playing
Blue Obs Open, Blue Obs Pro Open, Black Obs Closed

Return to “Purple General”