What is stamatic

General Area for the Lime
User avatar
BBloke
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 am
Location: West Midlands

Re: What is stamatic

Postby BBloke » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:06 pm

LOL No extra force required. I prefer if it's still spinning; it's still working.. sort of!!!

I don't think they are cryptic clues. I think they are sanity checks. Well mine are anyway. :)

LOL I've just re-read the description for the lime and the average opening time is 16 hours LOL
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU
Ordered: SA
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered

Will
Posts: 295
Joined: Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: What is stamatic

Postby Will » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:23 am

Maybe Stamatic means that nothing on the shaft moves but the pin changes it's place on the sleeve... :shock:
BU #808: Opened
BR #21: Opened
AU #21: Waiting
GM #21: Shelved
IN #21: Twisting and turning
CU #21: Shelved
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
OR #151: Opened
LM #21: Opened

matrixagent
Posts: 135
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:28 pm
Location: Oxford

Re: What is stamatic

Postby matrixagent » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:09 am

bluesign2k wrote:I haven't heard anything from jpicard but Dorothea has opened the lime. I don't know why you'd assume anything about testing or inside knowledge. The lime is being discussed in the open area.... although there's not much going on there at the moment.

My advice is to concentrate on figuring out the puzzle rather than trying to extract non-existent clues from cryptic posts ;-)

I haven't seen a map as yet but I gather there's a quite clever new trick in there... it'll have you scratching your head for while but make you smile when you figure it out. As usual, excessive force is unnecessary - don't do it kids! :-P


Well said!. For the other comments about me opening it - I can confirm that I was not involved in any testing at any stage and that I had zero inside information(Quite frankly I'm a little insulted!!) I had to prove the way in which I opened it to Chris with a map and explanation, even he wondered how I managed it so fast. Tiz mah leetzor skillz!

Clue wise, as fun as it would be - I wont be giving them because that's for the revo team to do. I don't want to get in trouble. And really it will probably ruin the AHAH! moments if you're given a partial solution. But do feel free to face south-south west, angle at -15 degrees azimuth with a cat under your arm(using it like bag pipes)...perhaps then all will be clear ;)

Enjoy the lime and the evil inside.

Russ.
RevoMaze 1 - Open
Open - :D
Open - How long is that!?
Open - Sneaky.
Open - My thumbs hurt.
Open - TWO of the little bleeders!!!
Lime "Infinite" - Open(first)
Open - Happy now
That'd be like giving a cat a reach-around

User avatar
BBloke
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:20 am
Location: West Midlands

Re: What is stamatic

Postby BBloke » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:30 pm

matrixagent wrote:
bluesign2k wrote:I haven't heard anything from jpicard but Dorothea has opened the lime. I don't know why you'd assume anything about testing or inside knowledge. The lime is being discussed in the open area.... although there's not much going on there at the moment.

My advice is to concentrate on figuring out the puzzle rather than trying to extract non-existent clues from cryptic posts ;-)

I haven't seen a map as yet but I gather there's a quite clever new trick in there... it'll have you scratching your head for while but make you smile when you figure it out. As usual, excessive force is unnecessary - don't do it kids! :-P


Well said!. For the other comments about me opening it - I can confirm that I was not involved in any testing at any stage and that I had zero inside information(Quite frankly I'm a little insulted!!) I had to prove the way in which I opened it to Chris with a map and explanation, even he wondered how I managed it so fast. Tiz mah leetzor skillz!

Clue wise, as fun as it would be - I wont be giving them because that's for the revo team to do. I don't want to get in trouble. And really it will probably ruin the AHAH! moments if you're given a partial solution. But do feel free to face south-south west, angle at -15 degrees azimuth with a cat under your arm(using it like bag pipes)...perhaps then all will be clear ;)

Enjoy the lime and the evil inside.

Russ.



Sorry to read you feel untoward regarding open the lime so quick. I never thought you had any part of anything other than sheer determination. I'm sticking with that and the likelihood that one person would "break" the rules of percentages and have it opened long before anyone else.

Congrats on that and keeping mum about any insights.

I've felt more in the last couple of nights of playing with the lime which leaves me knowing less but the challenge is more than worth the time :) It is a great puzzle. If it were too easy too many would complain about that. Shame some feel moaning improves any situation :)
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU
Ordered: SA
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered

Chyron
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: What is stamatic

Postby Chyron » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:59 pm

Just so we're on the same page... My post was completely and 100% sarcasm. I thought that was pretty obvious but apparently I should have tried harder to tie words to cat videos on the Internet. There's plenty of material to work with there from what I can see.

Was just trying to promote some fun discussion.

I'll stop it. :(
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.

bluesign2k
Site Admin
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: What is stamatic

Postby bluesign2k » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Chyron wrote:Just so we're on the same page... My post was completely and 100% sarcasm. I thought that was pretty obvious but apparently I should have tried harder to tie words to cat videos on the Internet. There's plenty of material to work with there from what I can see.

Was just trying to promote some fun discussion.

I'll stop it. :(

:D
I knew your post was sarcasm :P You don't have to stop either, I thought it was pretty funny. It just seems that telling people that the puzzle is "stamatic" seems to have caused some distraction from actually solving the puzzle... there seems to be more interest in figuring out what "stamatic" means rather than playing with the puzzle to figure out whats going on in them.

Chris designs some great puzzles but even he is constrained by the laws of physics. In my mind, it either moves (and so it's dynamic) or it doesn't (so it's static)... stamatic is just a means of saying it's not static, but it's also probably not quite what you're expecting from a dynamic maze either.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze

Chyron
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:56 pm
Location: Minnesota

Re: What is stamatic

Postby Chyron » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:17 pm

bluesign2k wrote: :D
I knew your post was sarcasm :P You don't have to stop either

Got ya again! :p

bluesign2k wrote:Chris designs some great puzzles but even he is constrained by the laws of physics. In my mind, it either moves (and so it's dynamic) or it doesn't (so it's static)... stamatic is just a means of saying it's not static, but it's also probably not quite what you're expecting from a dynamic maze either.

But.... Cats...

Anywho, your definition is probably accurate, but throwing out there a made up word is just asking for made up speculation! :)
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.

User avatar
TheWaddler
Posts: 1227
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:30 am
Location: Sheffield, UK

Re: What is stamatic

Postby TheWaddler » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:49 pm

bluesign2k wrote:..... It just seems that telling people that the puzzle is "stamatic" seems to have caused some distraction from actually solving the puzzle... there seems to be more interest in figuring out what "stamatic" means rather than playing with the puzzle to figure out whats going on in them......


this sounds quite familiar, in a "Gold" sort of way ...... people being more concerned with finding something out, than actually opening the mechanical puzzle they paid a small fortune for!!

bluesign2k wrote:Chris designs some great puzzles but even he is constrained by the laws of physics. In my mind, it either moves (and so it's dynamic) or it doesn't (so it's static)... stamatic is just a means of saying it's not static, but it's also probably not quite what you're expecting from a dynamic maze either.


....that is pretty much my opinion on it, and until i open it or at least find something significant feature wise, that's how it'll stay ;)
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury

User avatar
EABlade
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:11 pm
Location: massachusetts, USA
Contact:

Re: What is stamatic

Postby EABlade » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:43 am

how to open your lime:

Next time your working on your lime sing this song:

Soft kitty,
warm kitty,
Little ball of fur.
Happy kitty,
sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr

:roll:

Enjoy!!
“We are one big family of people, trying to make our way through the unfolding puzzle of life.”

Green,Blue,Bronze,Sliver,Red,OJ,TI :) obs set #7 Red CE
It's all Open! Gun Lime - Gearbox, Gold - Broken waiting on new one
Proud Member of The Team

User avatar
RichAE91
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: Llanelli, Wales

Re: What is stamatic

Postby RichAE91 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:10 am

EABlade wrote:
Soft kitty,
warm kitty,
Little ball of fur.
Happy kitty,
sleepy kitty,
Purr, purr, purr



LEGEN . . . WAIT FOR IT . . . DARY!!!!

Will Defo try that when my lime arrives
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88


Return to “Lime General”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest