What is stamatic

General Questions.
matrixagent

Re: What is stamatic

Post by matrixagent »

BBloke wrote:LOL. I think it's link to the number of people who are laughing at us for not understanding what it actually means.. so far that's three. Chris, Joseph and Russ. :) I bet they're laughing at every post in all the lime sections :shock: ;)
:D no no no..there is no evil grin...there is no laughter...honest.... :twisted:

As for stamatic..my lips are firmly sealed :?:

Either way, enjoy the maze guys. It is an interesting one in my opinion and I look forward to chatting with the next opener as to their thoughts.!

Russ.
RevoMaze 1 - Open
Open - :D
Open - How long is that!?
Open - Sneaky.
Open - My thumbs hurt.
Open - TWO of the little bleeders!!!
Lime "Infinite" - Open(first)
Open - Happy now
That'd be like giving a cat a reach-around
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

matrixagent wrote: :D no no no..there is no evil grin...there is no laughter...honest.... :twisted:

As for stamatic..my lips are firmly sealed :?:

Either way, enjoy the maze guys. It is an interesting one in my opinion and I look forward to chatting with the next opener as to their thoughts.!

Russ.
Alright guys we have him cornered, lets analyze everything he says to determine the secret.
matrixagent wrote: :D
Mysterious indeed, this symbol needs further examination to determine the motive behind it.
matrixagent wrote: no no no..
Perhaps a hint leading us to
Link To Video where we see that petting the subject has no effect. Could be a hint that petting the Lime Revomaze will have no effect on solving it. Sounds accurate.

Of course it could also be the word "Knock" shortened, which could be translated into "Knock Three Times," a song that got on the Billboard top 100 list in 1971, where it is suggested one needs to "knock three times on the ceiling if you want me." It's also noted that knocking "Twice on the pipe" (which if you consider the shape of a current Revomaze would be more likely) "if you ain't gonna show" however I think in this situation, even considering the shape likeness I mentioned, that would be innacurate for the following reasons; 1.) It's a negative statement, which would probably mean a negative outcome. 2.) "ain't gonna" doesn't feel like it carries the fluent language that you'd expect from someone coming from Oxford, as matrixagent's forum location suggests.
Possibly Cowley.
matrixagent wrote:there is no evil grin...there is no laughter...
Both grinning and laughter involve the mouth. I say this is misdirection as I would not suggest using a Revomaze with one's mouth in any circumstances.
matrixagent wrote:honest.... :twisted:
This is more misdirection, I am sure of it.
matrixagent wrote:As for stamatic..my lips are firmly sealed
Here we go, a clear path to the definition. my suggests possession. "lips are firmly sealed" is a good thing; because everyone knows "loose lips sink ships" however I am not aware of any ships related to Revomazes. Does anyone possible know of one?
matrixagent wrote: :?:
Is matrixagent confused about something? Someone should check on him to make sure he's okay.
Despite what you may currently believe, I do not have any medication so please don't request any from me should he need it.
matrixagent wrote:Either way,
backtracking involved? possibly. "Either" suggests a pair of something. I have discovered pairs of things in the Revomaze. "Way" is what we are looking for -- are the pairs the key?! HOWEVER! As a former (like when I was 10 years old) amateur magician, I know that twins are often used in illusions. Twins are certainly a form of pairs. Is this yet another instance where we are getting a fast one pulled on us? Oh look the answer is here -- NOPE you're seeing the second twin, the first one is hidden in a compartment under the table.
matrixagent wrote:enjoy the maze guys.
I can't believe he'd actually say that. Absolutely shameful.
matrixagent wrote: It is an interesting one
What I find interesting is the countdown in the entirety of his post. Starting with three no's, a pair, and here "an interesting one" it leads me to believe like with many countdowns, something exciting will happen.
matrixagent wrote: in my opinion
no evidence of an end to the countdown here. For some reason I'm unappreciative of this particular editorial segment. Needs more clues.
matrixagent wrote: and I look forward to chatting
You need to look at the puzzle as it is, do not use anything that may distort the image of your puzzle. If you wear glasses take them off, do not use a mirror to look in any other direction. IMing, PMing, TXTing, or even speaking to, is probably not likely to effect the puzzle in any manor.
matrixagent wrote: with the next opener as to their thoughts.!

Russ.
Okay I think it's painfully obvious by now that I may have had grandiose ideas when I began this, but that very quickly sputtered out due to exhaustion. Like really quick, I got as far as "no no no" and probably overdid it there and that was pretty much the whole of it.

Anyways, To summarize, cats or ceilings, no mouth, Ships?? misdirection, confusion, twins, shame, countdown, editorials, look, talk.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
matrixagent

Post by matrixagent »

Chyron - Genius. But yes! you've cracked it... I'm not sure what it is but it is now cracked ;)

It's true, in order to open the lime you need a cat. Be sure the cat is well trained.

R.

..or is it a catalytic converter.... 8-)
RevoMaze 1 - Open
Open - :D
Open - How long is that!?
Open - Sneaky.
Open - My thumbs hurt.
Open - TWO of the little bleeders!!!
Lime "Infinite" - Open(first)
Open - Happy now
That'd be like giving a cat a reach-around
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

well, that is procrastination at its finest, right there!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

.... and, unfortunately Chyron, a catalytic converter sounds more plausible (coming from the only man to open the puzzle in question), but good effort ;)
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
hobbit

Post by hobbit »

matrixagent wrote:It's true, in order to open the lime you need a cat. Be sure the cat is well trained.
The term "cat" may also be referencing a popular brand of heavy equipment, usually their bulldozers. Would that re-fuel the debate over how much force is too much? Because I'm thinking a bulldozer may be the only way I'd get any satisfaction out of a lime maze.
Obsessions:
Blue, Green, and Black - Opened.
Extremes:
Blue, Green, Bronze, Orange - Opened.
Red, Silver, Gold - In-hand.
ewanoffshore

Post by ewanoffshore »

matrixagent wrote:As for stamatic..my lips are firmly sealed
Here we go, a clear path to the definition. my suggests possession. "lips are firmly sealed" is a good thing; because everyone knows "loose lips sink ships" however I am not aware of any ships related to Revomazes. Does anyone possible know of one?

If I remember correctly there was an instance of somebody losing a nearly open silver revomaze overboard in Stornoway harbour - it didn't sink the ship though... ;)
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

What was the name of the ship and it's captain? These are important details.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
BarnDoor

Post by BarnDoor »

TheWaddler wrote:..... yup pretty much!!!

basically there are only a handful of people that truly know what it means, including Chris and Joseph. the only other person is Russ (matrixagent) because he's the only one that has opened one so far!!! :evil:
I think Russ was the first, but Dorothea and jpicard have opened it as well ( they are members of the Lime Open group ).
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

BarnDoor wrote:I think Russ was the first, but Dorothea and jpicard have opened it as well ( they are members of the Lime Open group ).
Im thinking that they might have been involved with the testing or had some insight, as Jeff hasn't updated his sig and both of them haven't posted any "OPENED" post.

.... and Russ said earlier he hasn't had anyone to talk to about it?!?!
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

I haven't heard anything from jpicard but Dorothea has opened the lime. I don't know why you'd assume anything about testing or inside knowledge. The lime is being discussed in the open area.... although there's not much going on there at the moment.

My advice is to concentrate on figuring out the puzzle rather than trying to extract non-existent clues from cryptic posts ;-)

I haven't seen a map as yet but I gather there's a quite clever new trick in there... it'll have you scratching your head for while but make you smile when you figure it out. As usual, excessive force is unnecessary - don't do it kids! :-P
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze

Return to “Lime General”