Thoughts on Lime

General Questions.
Dorothea

Re: Thoughts on Lime

Post by Dorothea »

Why do you have worries and questions about lime ?
Isn't the unknown the best in a new maze ?
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Dorothea wrote:Why do you have worries and questions about lime ?
Isn't the unknown the best in a new maze ?
Given the way things have been around here over the last year or two we have every right to question basically everything! Between the lack of communication, the unfilled orders, the CE sets, gold,the algorithm and any unresolved orders/issues I have honestly lost a lot of faith in revomaze as a company and am very very hesitant to drop $300 on a puzzle. Why is a new puzzle being announced if there are other unresolved issues. Why has the price increased so drastically? Another user raised a very good point about the price increase being due to raising funds or is it really due to the manufacturing cost.
Static or dynamic is besides the point and finding out whether it is or not is part of the fun so from that standpoint I wish that question was left unanswered.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
RevoGuy

Post by RevoGuy »

We are aware that our Collectors are waiting for their Sets and that the last batch of Golds are still outstanding and this backlog remains our top Priority.

The price of our Lime reflects a rise in engineering costs; our puzzles are precision engineered and there are very few machine shops that are able to produce our puzzles to the correct standard in large quantities.

I have only been with Revomaze for a short time but in that time both myself and Chris have made changes to the way in which we do things to improvement communication and how we fulfil orders. With this in mind we have not taken any money from any customer for a Revomaze Lime pre-order and we will only ask people to order the Lime when we can physically fulfill that order.

We are planning to improve the machinery we currently have in order to allow us to produce more puzzles, without the need to use engineering firms, and therefore pass the advantage of a lower manufacturing cost on to our customer, but this has not entered into the pricing of our Lime puzzle.

I am also sure you can appreciate that there are only 2 employees at Revomaze; Chris and myself, our engineers are just under 2 hours away, we ship worldwide, the tolerances between a functioning Revomaze and a useless Revomaze is around 0.002mm and the logistics of this does from time-to-time come at the cost of immediate communication and I do apologise for this, although I do believe there has been a marked improvement in communication.

Nevertheless, it is currently 21:38 here in the UK and I am posting on the forum and I am also available by email, out of office hours, although you may get a reply from a gmail account as I am having trouble with my outgoing server, should anyone have any questions, concerns, or inquiries about anything Revomaze and I will always respond to your email, PM or forum post as quickly as I can.

Thank you all for supporting Revomaze and for your continued patience it is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Joseph.
kev1n

Post by kev1n »

Will wrote:you might find some answers here: http://www.revomaze.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... f=7&t=1572

also I think because the puzzle is a whole-new concept (stamatic), being the first of it’s kind it has more works going in?
I suspect someone has gotten swept away by the hype! :D

Let's not allow Chris and Joseph adjust the English language to sell more puzzles to an increasingly desperate group of addicts!
Kev1n
Completely addicted to puzzles
Visit my blog it's at: www.puzzlemad.co.uk

Blue Ex BU01113 - open
Green Ex GR00494 - open
Bronze Ex BR00188 - open
Silver Ex AG00168 - open
Orange Ex OR00021 - open
Gold Ex AU00070 - open
jerryloo71

Post by jerryloo71 »

I am not taking anyone's side here...but I can vouch for RevoGuy.... so far email communication between me and Revo HQ have been very good.....
Last edited by Paradox on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Long quote removed
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

Personally i think its quite remarkable what the two of them are able to do. About 10 puzzles shipped to any where in the world. Quality being THE reason for delays... i'd say it speaks volumes to the company wanting to produce a high quality product that will keep us happy ( :twisted: ) for as long as we hang on to them.

Sure, it is annoying that its not quite like Amazon. Purchase. Sent. Arrive. Done. But as its been known and stated that theres been a shift in the paradigm over there... and i'm sure there is still something going on in the grander scheme (think greater, easier reach)? After all the hand-murderous hours on the static/dynamic puzzles AND THEN they're going to produce a NEW type of puzzle?!

I'd really like to think of it as growing pains. Trying to expand the company and produce more puzzles (while maintaining quality) for a smaller cost. Arguable being that they've shifted engineering companies ... how many times now? They took a risk.

I have to say i'm psyched. I'm not sure about most of the rest of you? But once any one of those puzzles have arrived? I've certainly not been disappointed in the adventure. And everyone hates the gold like they grow to hate any of the puzzles they can't figure out. :lol:

I'm really looking forward to the Lime. And i hope theres a small transformer inside it that will be just messing with my mind!

That is all. Good day. And cake.
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
Will

Post by Will »

Yep. I am with Naz. Considering there's only two people in Revomaze these are some amazing work. I agree that they've done a few inappropriate things, but RevoHQ is also working VERY hard to get things right. Lets not try to help them by starting a civil war here. :) I know sometimes the wait is unbearable from reading old posts, but hey, admit it, we are all puzzle people... And you DO always have something else to toy with... You Do.... :twisted:
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
adamwest

Post by adamwest »

Don't forget the umpalumpas!
Proud owner of set #16 (RevoTaster)

BU00016 OPEN x and o
GR00016 OPEN x and o
Black o OPEN
BR00016
OPEN
RD00016 OPEN
AG00016 OPEN
AU00016 CLOSED
OR00016 OPEN (mark you're just mean ;) )
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

I don't think anyone is discrediting that Chris and Joe are working very hard. I certainly am not.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

So...thoughts on lime :?

There are plenty of customer service threads for these types of comments. As usual, there's not much to say on the actual puzzle at this point other than speculation on the meaning of stamatic and how the Ferrari might apply here. Hopefully the latter doesn't imply a broken puzzle after every 500 miles. :D

Edit: Ohh! I just did something modish. Time to earn my keep.

Return to “Lime General”