Thoughts on Lime

General Questions.
Will

Thoughts on Lime

Post by Will »

Hey a whole-new fresh forum for another puzzle! Nice :)
Assumed it would be in the limited edition group though... :? After all it is on the website.

So thought I'd start a topic. Know a similar topic existed but it's better suited here.
Well anyone else ordering the Lime and any thoughts?
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
blublu

Re: Thoughts on Lime

Post by blublu »

Well, it is certainly very expensive. :shock:
smiteo

Post by smiteo »

I'm curious, as the original Lime design was supposedly used to become the Hand-Made... I hope they aren't the same design...
OOOOOOOOOO? proud owner of set #29, BL09, R00009, OR00009, LM00009, HM-09 and BlackV2obs
pcad

Post by pcad »

I've sent my serial # request to Joseph/revoguy.

A long time ago when the Lime was first mentioned, the official word was that the next Revomaze would not be for sale until the puzzles were ready and in stock. Joseph says that this will be true soon. In my case, all I've done is request one with a particular serial #. When it's ready I'll be given an opportunity to purchase it. If I pass on it I assume it become part of the available stock. This should eliminate the situation of having paid for something and then waiting for it to be made.

Puzzles will be ready to have their cores plated sans serial number and will have a number engraved prior to plating. This seems more flexible than making them in serial number order.

Since I'm under the impression that the first Limes will be ready soon, I hope that also means that the old backlogs are resolved or are nearly resolved.

Another blast from the past is that the maze design for the Lime was used for the HandMade. I hope that was enjoyable since I didn't get to hear much about it. I hope Chris has a nice design for the Lime to inherit.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Sejanus

Post by Sejanus »

I have my standard 'limited edition' number reserved for the Lime.. and I just hope it is more on the traditional Revo Lines as they have said. The Gold has really just..turned me off. I may sit down and try to work the Algorithm one day.. but it won't be any time soon sadly..
R1:
Open: BU00955 (RIP) & 1055, Green, Bronze, Red

Voyager #44:
Open:
Closed:Ç
RevoGuy

Post by RevoGuy »

The Lime is a return to the core ideals of Revomaze; you do not need anything other than your two hands and a hell of a lot of mental mazing ability to solve this puzzle.

It is a completely new maze design and is going to be a real handful (pun intended) and hopefully lots of fun!!
Will

Post by Will »

Two questions:

Is it static or dynamic?

What's it's difficulty rating?
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
RevoGuy

Post by RevoGuy »

It is a our first Stamatic progression maze. It is difficult to judge its difficulty rating because it's the first of its kind. It is a new design based on the core ideals of the original Revomaze.

It is influenced by the Ferrari Dino and like a classic car it needs extreme love care and attention and it has a few foibles to figure out.

Again no force required!!!!
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

RevoGuy wrote:...it needs extreme love care and attention and it has a few foibles to figure out.
Hopefully this won't result in lots of broken Revos finding their way back to HQ. That's never fun for anyone.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

RevoGuy wrote:It is a our first Stamatic progression maze. It is difficult to judge its difficulty rating because it's the first of its kind. It is a new design
I almost wish we weren't told whether it was static, dynamic, stamatic. Part of the fun is finding out as you progress.
I have my #60 reserved as usual but I am very very skeptical and the comment above makes me even more skeptical. I never want to be the first to test any design and after all of this with gold I am not sure I'm even going to go ahead and buy this one. It a is a lot of coin to turn over for a puzzle. I will decide when the time comes.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|

Return to “Lime General”