Thoughts on Lime

General Questions.
RevoGuy

Re: Thoughts on Lime

Post by RevoGuy »

Ha no it simply means you are going to have fun figuring this one out!! A few headaches I think :lol:
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

well i am really intrigued by this one, as people say it was used for the design of the HM and beings i didn't get to bag one of those i am really tempted. and also i like engines ;) but that is a lot of monies for a puzzle, no doubt it will be worth it, but beings i have the orange, silver and gold still to open im not sure i can justify it atm, though i really want to lol. maybe if i can shift this orange before next payday (2 weeks 3 days) then that might be enough persuasion for my wallet :lol:
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

It is a lot of money for a puzzle I agree. I'm with Will though, should this forum be in the limited edition section? or is the plan to include the lime as a more general released puzzle rather than a limited run edition? I can see the price for a limited run but sadly not for one that would be regularly available.

That said I'm still excited though.
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
pcad

Post by pcad »

Just in case I misled people, I expect the Lime to have it's own unique design. It should be a different design than the one used for the Handmade. When the first Handmade design was deemed unacceptable, Chris implemented the design that he had originally planned for the Lime. He then had to make a new maze design for the Lime.

Perhaps the next maze will be the Lemon or Grapefruit Revomaze to complement the Orange and Lime.
Last edited by pcad on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

BBloke wrote:I'm with Will though, should this forum be in the limited edition section?
I figured that since the Lime isn't part of the main series, it belonged with limited editions... so now its moved :)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Aww bless ya bluesign2k. Thank you :)
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
stet

Post by stet »

I just sent the email requesting my serial number (#5). I am planning on moving in the next month and hope the time of these works out such that it doesn't get lost between the two addresses.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
kev1n

Post by kev1n »

I find it rather odd that the lime is probably going to be released before the poor punters who paid a huge sum of cash up front for a CE set will receive their £600 investment!

Now that a few people have opened the gold surely it is only right to give the people who have paid (some a very long time ago) the CE sets that they have waited so patiently for! This should be done BEFORE the release of a new puzzle which will entice them to pay out yet more money!

I hope that the huge price bump of the lime and the early release date is not indicative of a financial issue which might make the release of the CE set just a figment of forlorn hope for everyone who has prepaid!

I have no axe to grind here - I have the individual puzzles myself but I would like to see fair play from this company. Why is the lime so expensive? Even more so than the gold? These are not handmade they are machined on automatic equipment. There seems no reason why the cost should have doubled! Maybe increased by 10-20% to cover inflation etc. but this strikes me as price gouging of a hooked market! :(
Kev1n
Completely addicted to puzzles
Visit my blog it's at: www.puzzlemad.co.uk

Blue Ex BU01113 - open
Green Ex GR00494 - open
Bronze Ex BR00188 - open
Silver Ex AG00168 - open
Orange Ex OR00021 - open
Gold Ex AU00070 - open
Will

Post by Will »

you might find some answers here: http://www.revomaze.co.uk/phpBB3/viewto ... f=7&t=1572

also I think because the puzzle is a whole-new concept (stamatic), being the first of it’s kind it has more works going in?
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
jerryloo71

Post by jerryloo71 »

kev1n wrote:I find it rather odd that the lime is probably going to be released before the poor punters who paid a huge sum of cash up front for a CE set will receive their £600 investment!

Now that a few people have opened the gold surely it is only right to give the people who have paid (some a very long time ago) the CE sets that they have waited so patiently for! This should be done BEFORE the release of a new puzzle which will entice them to pay out yet more money!

I hope that the huge price bump of the lime and the early release date is not indicative of a financial issue which might make the release of the CE set just a figment of forlorn hope for everyone who has prepaid!

I have no axe to grind here - I have the individual puzzles myself but I would like to see fair play from this company. Why is the lime so expensive? Even more so than the gold? These are not handmade they are machined on automatic equipment. There seems no reason why the cost should have doubled! Maybe increased by 10-20% to cover inflation etc. but this strikes me as price gouging of a hooked market! :(
I am not sure what the bonus points that come with Revo puchases are for.....How about if Chris allows Lime buyers to redeem their bonus points (earned from purchase of CE Sets or other Revos) against the price of the Lime? Example 600 bonus points that come with the CE Set is worth let's say £60/- of discount. That would bring the Lime down to the price of a Gold Revo.

Return to “Lime General”