Hanayama Cast Puzzles

JohnnyDee

Re: Hanayama Cast Puzzles

Post by JohnnyDee »

Hanayama puzzles are serious fun; some level 6 puzzles just pop open for me and others take their sweet time. Currently, the Hourglass is unsolved and holding onto its secrets fairly well. But that's on hold since the new Revomazes arrived..... ;)
Solved: Mint 01094
In Progress: Gunmetal 00201 (RIP 00185); Orange 00347; Indigo 00285; Handmade HM2 14-20; Silver 01942
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

That is one I have yet to try. I'll have to pick it up some day after these Revomazes submit, or at least one of them haha!

I enjoyed Enigma myself as a more recent one I got.
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
mrmkaufman

Post by mrmkaufman »

There are hard puzzles, with difficult challenges, and then there are those that are just an annoying pain. That judgment is individual for each of us of course, but for me, Hourglass pretty much represents the peak of that label. I was SO happy to be done with it, and sold it at a loss just to give someone else a shot at it, and so I would never have to look at it again.

Their newest, UFO, is for me also in that category. I appreciate a clever hidden mechanism (ahem - Revomaze) as much as the next person, but it's actually completely a dexterity puzzle to reassemble it, and not fun. That puppy is leaving the building soon, too.

But getting that out of the way, heck yeah Hanayama is generally a great bang for the buck. I have lots of favorites :-).
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

UFO and hourglass in hand lol
Working on hourglass. Ugh haha

Edit: They seem to have a few of those "if I had an extra pair of hands" type puzzles for re-assembly...
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
josiah1221

Post by josiah1221 »

Hanayama cast puzzles are how I discovered mechanical puzzles and the huge community of puzzlers and designers that I didn't even know existed. I've only been collecting for about a year and a half now and my collection has already grown to 150+ puzzles! I have Hanayama to thank, my bank account on the other hand, not so much, lol! To this day I always enjoy breaking out my cast puzzles now and again just to go through all the solves for fun. :)

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”