What other puzzles do you recommend?

allardwza

Re: What other puzzles do you recommend?

Post by allardwza »

...shouldn't you have asked for #7 - that seems to be where all the action is?

allard
:mrgreen:
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

allardwza wrote:...shouldn't you have asked for #7 - that seems to be where all the action is?

allard
:mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
ceagull333

Post by ceagull333 »

I recenty purchased some Hanayama puzzles from amazon and there seems to be two different difficulty level scales 1-10 red box and 1-6 green box. Does anyone know why the difference? Seems like same puzzles rated different? But they all say Hanayama.

So far nut case, square, key II open and fun. NEWS open via YouTube ( couldn't spend anymore time and glad I looked, seems mostly a trick)

Ring, quartet, elk and enigma just arrived.
BR110 Open GR296 Open GR Obs Open BU652 Open BLObs Open Black Obs Open AG104 Open Red Obs Open RD46 Open AU46 Open Purple (not right!)HM08LE (sealed)OR46 Open LM113 Open GM Open TI46 Open Aqua,CU on hand Indigo on order
maztec

Post by maztec »

Does anyone here remember what the name of the following puzzle type is:

You get a series of pieces, different parallelogram shapes, and you're supposed to fit them together into different end shapes - often a rectangle is the first goal. They are usually done just flat paper, and you fit them together.

Just not recalling it.
OOOOOOOoo
TheJuggler

Post by TheJuggler »

maztec wrote:Does anyone here remember what the name of the following puzzle type is:

You get a series of pieces, different parallelogram shapes, and you're supposed to fit them together into different end shapes - often a rectangle is the first goal. They are usually done just flat paper, and you fit them together.

Just not recalling it.
Sounds like Tangrami to me.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

I would like to recommend this.
http://puzzlemaster.ca/browse/wirepuzzl ... combs-plus
According to me it is easy, but it is really funny to see others trying to do it. :D
It's cheap and they are hard to find. I have only seen one and that is the one my great great grandfather made.
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Extreme ~ CE_BU#69 ~ CE_GR#69 ~ CE_BR#69 ~ CE_AG#69 ~ CE_AU#69 ~ CE_TI#69 ~
Limited Editions ~ R#95 ~ OR#69 5h+ ~ HM#17 Ordered ~
Timer/Clock
maztec

Post by maztec »

Bunny_Whabbit wrote:I would like to recommend this.
http://puzzlemaster.ca/browse/wirepuzzl ... combs-plus
According to me it is easy, but it is really funny to see others trying to do it. :D
It's cheap and they are hard to find. I have only seen one and that is the one my great great grandfather made.
I had one of those as a kid! Never knew what it was called. Took me about three days to solve it. Putting it back together took me another week :/. Wonder if I still have it somewhere, or if my mum has it...

And Tangram, yah I think that is right. Thanks!
OOOOOOOoo
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

If you have an iPhone they have a game called tanzen. Really fun!
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
maztec

Post by maztec »

Manifestjp wrote:If you have an iPhone they have a game called tanzen. Really fun!
I actually don't find tangrams too much fun, most are too easy. But, I know they hold the attention of a lot of people.

I am trying to think of neat things to do with business cards. I am getting a set designed for different functions, and looking to see what I can do with them that also makes them a whole unit. So, I could get a pattern drawn across them that could be fit together side by side. Or, I could do them as puzzle pieces and use the tag line "I help you complete the puzzle.". Or I could do them as a Tangram, if I could find one that is subtle and not too different in size and shape between each card. Or I can do them clear plastic, so if laid over each other they make something. Or any number of things I have not thought of yet.

I am getting between four and six different cards, so there are some options here, but I just have not figured it out yet.

However, I came up with a great idea for a criminal defense attorney metal business cards with one side designed as a metal file and the slogan "I help you get out of jail.". Too bad I do not do criminal defense.

If someone has a good recommendation or example for business card ideas that incorporate a multi-card puzzle, I'm all eyes. :)
OOOOOOOoo
Bunny_Whabbit

Post by Bunny_Whabbit »

Tantrix - Discovery
Obsession ~ BU_V1 32.87 ~ BU_V2 open ~ BU_Pro what? ~ GR don't like ~ BL_V1 hmm ~ BL_V2 ~ R ~
Extreme ~ CE_BU#69 ~ CE_GR#69 ~ CE_BR#69 ~ CE_AG#69 ~ CE_AU#69 ~ CE_TI#69 ~
Limited Editions ~ R#95 ~ OR#69 5h+ ~ HM#17 Ordered ~
Timer/Clock

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”