Hexahog

Vlancii

Hexahog

Post by Vlancii »

Does anyone have experience or thoughts regarding the Hexahog puzzle. It looks interesting, if even for display (but a pricey display, at that).

If you have experience, is this a one and done type of puzzle, where the replay value is not worth the cost?

Thank you.
mrmkaufman

Re: Hexahog

Post by mrmkaufman »

You should search out the several reviews of this, but generally folks are not that impressed. And it's especially fiddly to assemble the outer shell.
Vlancii

Post by Vlancii »

Thank you.

I did try and find reviews and the only one I could find was 4/5 stars (only 1 reviewer). I’ll save the money to put towards a Popplock when one becomes available. :)
mrmkaufman

Post by mrmkaufman »

I know the review you mean, and I often disagree with his evaluations. He's usually at least excited by every puzzle... And he even does make a point of how fiddly the cage assembly is. Not enough to tone it down much, but for me that and other aspects make it a "pass".

I could swear I just saw another review recently. If I come across it again I'll return here to update you.
mrmkaufman

Post by mrmkaufman »

BTW, I have both AXIS and EPIC by Rademic. Barely worth it for the nicely reasonable price. Neither is a tough solve, although the trick in AXIS is neat and not immediately obvious. I factor in their excellent appearance and finish work when I guardedly recommend them. EPIC is out of production though.

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”