Looking for an angelbox.

JayPuzzle718

Looking for an angelbox.

Post by JayPuzzle718 »

I know, I know... haha this item is the holy grail for most puzzlers out there and it is almost impoosible to find one ( one posted on PP today for a crazy amount.) i atleast want to leave this post here, if ever someone would be nice to part with one. I will buy/or trade.
mereacregrigore18

Re: Looking for an angelbox.

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

What was the listed price? It’s seems it’s not there anymore.
halfbake69

Post by halfbake69 »

Someone told me it was a buy it now at 2500$ usd

Seems it went sold very quickly unfortunately :(
OPENED AND RESOLD : EX : BlueV2 GreenV2 BronzeV2 BronzeV1 Silver Orange Gold Lime Red Titanium Gunmetal Copper indigo mint Aqua OBS : Blue Bluepro BlackV2 BlackV1 Mini : blue R2: mercury
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

That listing is closed via buy out: sold for $3,250
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
mrmkaufman

Post by mrmkaufman »

That's ridiculous. YES, I understand that if someone has that much money laying around and no better use for it, then they are obviously free to do as they wish. And the seller has clearly realized a large gain. Yay.

But now the next seller may get the idea that there are more buyers out there willing and able to "splurge" like that, when in fact that is often not the case. I've seen this before through decades on eBay. That one "right" buyer comes along at just the right time to establish a new record sale price for an item, and suddenly others with that item think now's the time to strike and make big bucks! They list theirs for near or sometimes above the prior big sale, and then they sit there. Rarely is that next item sold for that price again. If it is, then that's a big indicator that it's now "worth" that much (although really, anything is "worth" what someone is willing to pay...). But in my experience, eventually those inflated listings die, and either disappear altogether, or reappear a bit later at a more reasonable level. Even that sometimes seems to take several no-bid re-listing cycles before reality penetrates...

</rant>
dasrevo

Post by dasrevo »

Opportunists, materialists, the world is full of them. Don't feel upset, it isnt personal ;)
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Some have more money than brains!
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

There are many people out there with more money than they know what to do with. We can't even begin fathom amounts that large, 1000 Millions in a Billion for example. The price means nothing, they have other people pay their bills and often don't even know the cost. They just want the item and that is all there is to it. $3500 for a puzzle is nothing.. Change in their pockets. These people buy art for 100's of millions of dollars, it was worth next to nothing when say Picasso painted it. Then they put it in a safe and loan the paintings to museums to display for a month or so. We unfortunately do not reside on their level in the top 3%.. I for one don't collect puzzles to resell. I love solving them.. My nephews will have to figure out what to do with them when I pass on.. I was thinking of leaving my entire puzzle collection to the Museum of Math in New York city. It is a great place to visit, if you are into that, this way everyone can see the great works of art in the puzzling world. Oh, if you don't like the Museum of Math then the Museum of Sex is right around the corner.. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
doc81

Post by doc81 »

It's a free market. Wouldn't want it any other way. If you don't want to pay the price of admission then find another. There are alot of puzzles out there. :) I would love to start a Stickman or Popplock collection...but I don't want to pay those prices either. Part of the reason these puzzles are coveted is their quality and rarity which inevitably drives prices up.
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”