Yuu Asaka

doc81

Re: Yuu Asaka

Post by doc81 »

Thanks balsam for sharing your thoughts! Glad to hear you enjoyed it. I should get them this next week. As 2 of you have now recommended doing 29 first I may have to follow your recommendation. I know I will enjoy these and have already talked to several family members about them as there are alot of jigsaw puzzlers in my family.
SET SERIAL #7021
OPENED: AQUA - BLUE - GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - BRONZE - MINI
CLOSED: COPPER - GUNMETAL - ORANGE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE
balsam2

Post by balsam2 »

Update - - Gave it to my wife this morning in hopes of challenging her (and rebutting her assertion that it must be easy)., she solved it while watching our two-year-old and in less than 35 minutes, So I had to eat some serious humble pie.
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Oh man...that's exactly what I had planned to do with it...
SET SERIAL #7021
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

doc81 wrote:Oh man...that's exactly what I had planned to do with it...
No no, I did that once too. Different puzzle, same result... Avoid lol
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
doc81

Post by doc81 »

Received all 3 of Yuus puzzles today. :D I dove into Jigsaw 29 first as you guys recommended. My overall impression and thoughts after finishing it are very similar to balsams. They are very nice visually and have a great feel. Its hard to look at them and not want to play with them as I've found out by my wife and kids jumping in and playing with them right away. This is a first for any of my puzzles. I finished Jigsaw 29 just under 1.5 hours...so definitely didn't seem to be as difficult as advertised by the bloggers but was still challenging and I felt stumped for the first hour. Things moved rather quickly after I made some initial progress. I will definitely enjoy sharing these with other family and friends which is exactly what I wanted!

Have not started the Wave 7 or Jigsaw 19 but my wife said she finished Wave 7 in 15 min. Hopefully he comes out with more that are at least as hard if not harder than 29!
SET SERIAL #7021
balsam2

Post by balsam2 »

Just received and solved the 19 piece puzzle. It took me just under 23 minutes. Wife again put me to shame by solving in 10 minutes.

This puzzle was really delightful - - just as much as 29, but maybe a touch easier. Having done both, I don't see a clear advantage to solving one or the other first-- whichever you do second will be a bit easier than it would otherwise be because you'll learn a bunch from the first one.

To echo Doc81, these are the ultimate puzzles to get if you want to involve family and friends. Everyone loves them and plays with them until they solve them, and then gives me a play-by-play of how they discovered the solution.

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”