Hales Locks

Alimorris

Re: Hales Locks

Post by Alimorris »

Sorry guys, I’ve only just seen this thread.

First of all I’m glad most people like my design (Hokey CoKey Lock). It has certainly had a huge range of solve times, from minutes to.......still not open!?

To clear up any confusion, it is my design yes. I only shared my idea with two people and one of those was Shane. We see each other fairly regularly and I wanted to share my idea because I was excited about it. When I showed Shane, he said to me “Ali, there is only one thing I would change!” He said “I just wish it had been my idea” I guess that was approval enough

Now that was just the start of the most fun experience. Steve Nicholls or Big Steve as we know him lives very close to me and he(the only other person I mentioned my design to) asked if he could use it for his exchange puzzle in the IPP. Steve personally funded the whole thing and this includes prototyping, having jigs and tooling made. We have spent many hours days working together on several projects and still I can’t explain just how much I’ve enjoyed working with him.

Shane is another fun guy who takes important things very seriously but has much times to help others learn. His designs are brilliant and privileged that my simple design has been discussed alongside his.
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
ghxost

Re: Hales Locks

Post by ghxost »

My son was dancing around and around last night with the lock. It was fantastic!
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”