NG puzzles

Lilmike14

Re: NG puzzles

Post by Lilmike14 »

homework52 wrote:Yeah the codes won't be as simple as a different font, but with the Fire I used the same (lower case) alchemy font while I was deciphering it mostly because it felt fun using the alchemical symbols for a fire-element themed puzzle.

The Loki clues seem to use a Runic font, such as anglosaxon, dwarven or Nordic-themed but I'm struggling to find the exact one. Some I've found are close but they are all missing symbols from the clues.

Granted it's a meaningless extra step but anything that combines my loves of cryptography and writing systems I have to try :P

Have you tried the whatthefont or identifont systems/forums? There's people there or great font wizardry that will likely know what it is
Solved -- Blue & Blue Pro, Green Obs, Bronze, Salmon, Titanium, Aqua & Gunmetal
homework52

Post by homework52 »

Thanks for the tip :). I ended up getting impatient and solved it manually. I don't even have one of those puzzles (...yet) :P
BU00231- Solved
GR00108 - Solved
BR00113 - Solved
AG00205 - Solved
AU00037 - In Progress
R00076 - Solved
OR00037 - Solved
LM00037 - In Progress
Mercury 037 - Solved
Blue Obsession V1/V2 Pro - Solved
Green Obsession V1 - Solved
Black Obsession V1 - Solved / V2 - Solved
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

I gave up on my Loki a long time ago. Just couldn't make ant progress. It's a nice piece though.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
homework52

Post by homework52 »

Yeah it definitely looks like an interesting puzzle. My next puzzle purchases I hope will be the Tessaraisis/Tarka and the upcoming Pentarasus so I'll probably pass on getting one. Although if I'm not able to find them I may get a Loki instead.
BU00231- Solved
GR00108 - Solved
BR00113 - Solved
AG00205 - Solved
AU00037 - In Progress
R00076 - Solved
OR00037 - Solved
LM00037 - In Progress
Mercury 037 - Solved
Blue Obsession V1/V2 Pro - Solved
Green Obsession V1 - Solved
Black Obsession V1 - Solved / V2 - Solved
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

I decoded the clue from the manual, so I know what to do, but I don't know what the symbols on the puzzles mean, and I can't interpret any feedback that the puzzle is giving me into anything useful.
Starting over
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

AndrewParr wrote:I decoded the clue from the manual, so I know what to do, but I don't know what the symbols on the puzzles mean, and I can't interpret any feedback that the puzzle is giving me into anything useful.
Listen to the feedback is the key to solve this puzzle. Listen, turn one ring and listen again. Continue to do this and add notes for the symbols and you will soon understand it. When you understand the inside you will soon have something interesting on your paper :)
You don't need the clues but it helps to understand it easier. So take your time to listen, turn and note!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Oh great. Now I'm curious. :)

I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks for the advice!

Andy
Starting over
greenwolf86

Post by greenwolf86 »

Just got the Loki and started playing with it. Great quality so far! Can't wait to get it open :D
I'm collecting unplated cores! Make me an offer if you are looking to part with any. Always looking for a black and a purple, too :?
alex218

Post by alex218 »

Hello everyone,

I would like to know if it is still possible to buy loki puzzle on ngpuzzles website ?

I haven't receive answer from them.

Thanks you.

Alex
pewetools

Post by pewetools »

Hello,

they are out of business but they have still some puzzles in stock, I bought four weeks ago, try this mail address: sales@ngpuzzles.co.uk

Peter

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”