NG puzzles

bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: NG puzzles

Post by bluesign2k »

Cool.
I like it. It's not too difficult but it is interesting and it is comfortably solvable if you're any good at mapping or visualising paths. I can't find any fault with the mechanism or finish either - no rubbing or binding parts etc. It's also appreciably bigger than a Revo 0_o
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I have now solved the Loki puzzle and I agree that this is a great puzzle with good quality, mechanics and finish. I think it is a hard puzzle to understand but that will make it just more fun and there is not just one trick or feature in the puzzle. You have 7 different problems to understand during your journey to the end (not just a maze). You can always clearly hear where you are and if you have made progress, but you have the same problem here as with the Revomaze, to understand the inside :)

It took me 5-10 hours to solve the puzzle and it is really fun to solve it again. Do not miss this great puzzle!
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

Thank you for that little review! I was eyeing this puzzle but was concerned about what the actual puzzling would be like. It sounds like it may be pretty enjoyable then! That'll be a nice addition to my metal puzzle collection one day.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
Orko

Post by Orko »

I just ordred a loki puzzle, but in one of the last steps of the payment there appeared the word pre-order.... :? . Did one dou bought one in the last time and can tell me if i will get the puzze soon or also have to wait an unknown time for it? :roll:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

If you have any concerns, just send them an email. I've met Ant and Lee a couple of times - they're good guys.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Orko

Post by Orko »

Yes, i am already in contact with them. ;)

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
TheWaddler

Post by TheWaddler »

I have had my Loki for a little under a year and I haven't even managed to get into the maze! :o :? I can only seem to go up and down the entrance path the full length of the puzzle. :(

What I can't get my head around is how the rings affect the maze. Having briefly seen the maze I know what to expect, but I missed the explanation and demonstration of the 'ring structure ' and how they 'block' routes off.

If someone could possibly give me an explanation of how the rings affect the maze or maybe just how to get into the maze (ie. what position to have the rings in), probably via PM, so as not to spoil it for others, that would be a big help :D
The Waddler's Puzzling Blog

--R1 Collection--
Open:
[BU01099][GR01556][BR00471][OR00149][R00019][TI00045][BlobV2][BluePro]
In Progress:
[CU00042]
Unopened:
[AG00185][AU00145][LI00149]
Ordered:
Aqua
Indigo
--R2 Cosmic Series (Voyager Set #42)--
Still Waiting:
Mercury
Orko

Post by Orko »

The loki arrived last week and i really like it i am just not able to manage the ast part. If someone is able to give me a poke in the right direction would be great. :lol:

prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Orko wrote:The loki arrived last week and i really like it i am just not able to manage the ast part. If someone is able to give me a poke in the right direction would be great. :lol:
Listen to the puzzle and map it :) Please send me a PM and describe what you have found and I can try to send a hint :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Orko

Post by Orko »

It's already open. ;)

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”