NG puzzles

rodrigue10

Re: NG puzzles

Post by rodrigue10 »

After receiving mine I would have gladly paid less to NOT have the box...as others have mentioned, it holds the puzzle nicely but its quality is subpar. I finally made some time to play with mine last night...definitely stumped at this point....
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Thanks for your help! I have now received a reply on my first mail, and I hopefully they will reply again now :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
KK1

Post by KK1 »

Hi all, so do we have any feedback on the playability of this puzzle yet?...im tempted...!
Open; AQ, BU, GR, BR, TI, OR, IN, CU, GM, MTHM, MERC
Closed; AU, AG, LM
Want; PU, BL, R
Voyager #44
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

I haven't had much play time with mine, but the overall operation of the rotating mechanisms are very smooth. Excellent craftsmanship. This is a hidden ball type of maze so if you feel that is your thing, then dive in!
OP- CE Set #22 BU GR BR TI R BL OR Obs Set V2 Set AG AU LM mini GM HM CU AQ MT IN PU SM
CL-

R2 - Voyager #25:
OP - Prototype 1
CL - ♀ ♁ ♂ ⚳ ♃ ♄ ♅ ♆ ♇ Eris, Makemake
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Have anyone solved the Loki yet? I cannot find any blog or posts about the Loki elsewhere, so maybe someone here can post a mini review?
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Spanishlovemachine

Post by Spanishlovemachine »

I have not yet solved mine unfortunately, but Lee told me there is a UK puzzler (Chris Pursell) who solved it relatively fast....However, I do not know him but I am sure some forum member know him
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Spanishlovemachine wrote:I have not yet solved mine unfortunately, but Lee told me there is a UK puzzler (Chris Pursell) who solved it relatively fast....However, I do not know him but I am sure some forum member know him
I reckon you may have come across him on here before at some point, just under a different name...

Bluesign2k

;)
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
Spanishlovemachine

Post by Spanishlovemachine »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jep!
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Yup, that's me. I'm sure some others must have solved it by now though?!
It probably took me around 45 minutes to get it open from first picking it up. I suspect I could have done it in less time, but the final trick is tricky and I had convinced myself that what I was doing was wrong... when it wasn't... so I actually went around the maze a few times before getting it open.

While it is a hidden BB navigation problem, and I know that's not everybody's thing, I consider it to be the best example of this type of puzzle by far. It's also pretty accessible for those who don't usually get on with this type of puzzle.

The maze is neither ridiculously long or excessively complex - mapping really shouldn't be a problem for any Revomazer. The BB is also of significant size so it's really not that difficult to hear where it is in the maze, ie. you can hear more or less where the BB is without having to move puzzle components to see if other components are behaving differently. I also like that the rings on this puzzle actually do something - for me, this was the biggest disappointment about the ISIS. I believe that there is mention of no dead ends... that's sort of true in so far as you can't go wondering way off track, but there are small stop points that will silence the BB unless you have it in the right orientation. I consider these more of a help than hindrance though. Finally, just when you think you've mastered the maze, there's a short twist that may catch you out and have you scratching your head, just before the final trick -that's the cool bit!

Personally I think it's great. Apart from the box, that's a bit crap.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluesign2k wrote:...
Big thanks for this review. I will order a puzzle now, it sounds like a really fun and good puzzle.

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”