NG puzzles

Mrhero

Re: NG puzzles

Post by Mrhero »

y2khappens wrote:Sorry if this has already been answered, however is there any connection
between NG puzzles and SG puzzles or any other puzzle company?
dont know :lol:
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020
Lee_NGpuzzles

Post by Lee_NGpuzzles »

There is no connection at all between us and sonic games.
Orko

Post by Orko »

Thanks MrHero. :oops:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

SO, should we be surprised? Almost a month now since we stopped talking about these, and all talk about them stopped.

Have any of the highlighted puzzle pros / bloggers received any communication (Invitation to test) with NG puzzles?
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
Spanishlovemachine

Post by Spanishlovemachine »

Yes, Sir! I am in regular contact with Lee and he told me that he will bring some prototypes to a MMP event and also send some out to chosen persons.
Alimorris

Post by Alimorris »

Spanishlovemachine wrote:Yes, Sir! I am in regular contact with Lee and he told me that he will bring some prototypes to a MMP event and also send some out to chosen persons.
Great news!
This sounds very positive, I really hope this works out well for you guys. :)
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04
Spanishlovemachine

Post by Spanishlovemachine »

Hi there,
I am currently in London and could meet up with both guys behind NG Puzzles. In a Starbucks coffee I was given my personal copy for testing (see picture). Next to it you can see a non assembled (most probably) limited edition where some parts (rings) are anodised in orange.

The first impression I had was (and still is) just AWESOME. It is a cool idea (they explained and showed me about the inner mechanics) and the lucky owners will certainly have fun for a while (they think that 30 hours solving time is realistic; I think if you do not get ANY hints what to do it could/will easily take longer or you will never solve it). Saying that, the designer - Lee - holds the record at 7 minutes (but he knows everything about this puzzls) and Anthony who is doing the CNC job and therefore also knows what and how to do is at 1,5 hours.

The puzzle itself is big and VERY heavy. It is beautifully crafted and anodized and moves really smooth and cool (I love those clicks). I won't say more about the puzzle now.....would spoil the fun.

NG Puzzles have now already 15 - ? puzzles ready but they are waiting for the box manufacturer. A realistic date is therefore hard to say because they did not yet approve any box design. The target is now somewhere between March and June 2015.

I put the question if someone could buy the puzzles right now w/o packaging (for a little less) and whilst they do not like that idea that much they would do it perhaps. If someone is taking this alternative into account you could write me a PM or try to contact them via their homepage of course.

I also asked how much "testers" they will now give away and it looks like - we are talking about expenisve stuff here - that they still consider to attend a MPP and bring it with them.

I think the metal puzzle lovers will have something new to watch out for soon.....
Attachments
Loki.jpg
Loki.jpg (59.79 KiB) Viewed 9991 times
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

Great post! I want to believe that these will be great! Nice to have some affirmation that they *cough* exist and are still developing. Thanks again!
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
jerryloo71

Post by jerryloo71 »

Naz737 wrote:Great post! I want to believe that these will be great! Nice to have some affirmation that they *cough* exist and are still developing. Thanks again!
Ditto here...I had totally forgotten all about this one already. I guess something to look forward to next year!
darenwhitaker

Post by darenwhitaker »

Patiently waiting for the first NG puzzles to ship.

Last update that I received on Feb 15th,
Just an update regarding Loki, sorry for the delay in getting your puzzle shipped out to you. We are currently waiting for our presentation boxes to be finished, once we have received the boxes your puzzle will be on its way. We will update you when we have shipped your puzzle.
Kind regards
Technical Director
Lee Raspin

Sounds pretty intersting...
We wanted to produce a puzzle of outstanding quality that we personally deemed as ‘The world’s most challenging puzzle’. We decided, after many late nights, that a difficult puzzle, although difficult to solve the first time, was not a challenge when it was reset to solve again. The puzzles that we have created are, in our opinion ‘The most challenging puzzles in the world’ meaning that they are a challenge to you to solve the first time but after disassembling and studying the puzzle it will be nearly as challenging to you the second time around.
Open - BU02156 / GRmarbles / AQ00066 / MT06-30 / GMmarbles
Working - mini & Black Plastic w/ Green "R"
Not attempted - OR00287 / LM00282 / CU00066 / IN00066 / R00102
CE #058 - Admiring on the shelf
Looking for...Gary Foshee's Open Lock

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”