NG puzzles

Chyron

Re: NG puzzles

Post by Chyron »

Must be nice to have friends who like your facebook page, who have friends, who join a random message board to post about your product, which they only know about because of their friend's liking of your product.

Nice jab at the group for being suspicious about an unknown product from an unknown person.

Also, try not to compare too much with the ISIS Adventure's various clubs. It's far and away my LEAST favorite aspect to their business practice.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Well aint you the trickster. We now know why you called the first puzzle Loki ;)
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Lee_NGpuzzles

Post by Lee_NGpuzzles »

Like I said all useful help is appreciated, why are the Isis clubs your least favourite part about how they do business?
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Lee_NGpuzzles wrote: As for the description of Loki if any of you where that much in puzzles you would realise the current description is cryptic, I thought you where all enthusiasts but I guess you're not as good as you think you are :-)
With the greatest respect Lee, this sort of loaded comment is not going to be well received.

You should keep in mind that many (if not most) members of this forum are going to have experience with mechanical puzzles that greatly exceeds your own. I recommend you use the expertise here to develop and refine your future products and ideas, not stir unrest.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

Paradox wrote:
Lee_NGpuzzles wrote: As for the description of Loki if any of you where that much in puzzles you would realise the current description is cryptic, I thought you where all enthusiasts but I guess you're not as good as you think you are :-)
With the greatest respect Lee, this sort of loaded comment is not going to be well received.

You should keep in mind that many (if not most) members of this forum are going to have experience with mechanical puzzles that greatly exceeds your own. I recommend you use the expertise here to develop and refine your future products and ideas, not stir unrest.

+1

I guess You're not as good as you think you are,.......
Lee_NGpuzzles

Post by Lee_NGpuzzles »

With the comments received so far (from a post that was nothing to do with NG Puzzles I might add) it's quite clear that not many people on here have anything nice to say, I know anything I put most of you are going to try and twist to make it sound like the original post is me. You surely can understand my upset when someone emails me to tell me about a slanging match that's occurred about our company which isn't even fully operational, we've got a couple of weeks left before our adverts kick in and going through other peoples forums was not our intention.

I fully respect that most people on this sight have a very impressive knowledge that exceeds my own, but most of you are so quick to jump on the negativity band wagon with the rest of the haters did you really expect a pleasant reply from me on this forum?
stet

Post by stet »

I’m sorry but bringing up the Isis Adventure 500 Club won’t help you at all as many here (and on the Isis forum, at least what is left of it) consider that to be a complete failure. I am a paid member of that club and am still waiting for my Tessarisis after almost a full year. Club members were supposed to get them first but for some reason many of us are still waiting.

And as others have said, many here have had very bad experiences with pre-orders for expensive puzzles.

I am intrigued by your puzzles but am not in a position to pre-order anything at this time because of personal/family financial issues. But even if I was, due to bad experiences with pre-orders for RevoMazes and Isis puzzles I will never do so again and I get the impression that many othes feel the same way. It is unfortunate that the actions of others will have a negative impact on you and anyone else who wants to attempt to enter this business but that’s the reality of it.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Lee_NGpuzzles wrote:I'm amazed at how many people are quick to slate us, as for the poor quality comment for £600 for 5 puzzles I take it you've never heard of the 500 club that goes with the Isis adventure?
For investing £600 in our company and having some faith in us we reward the ones that do with one hell of a bargain.
Many of us here know exactly what the 500 club is and that's exactly why many people don't like the idea. Yeh, £600 for 5 puzzle might turn out to be a good buy, but frankly, *every* other offer similar to this had gone bad for one reason or another.
Lee_NGpuzzles wrote:As for the description of Loki if any of you where that much in puzzles you would realise the current description is cryptic, I thought you where all enthusiasts but I guess you're not as good as you think you are :-)
This kind of comment isn't going to endear you to anyone here at all. Indeed, you clearly have little or no idea who any of us are, nor have any idea or the kind of puzzle circles we move in.

You've also clearly done little research into your intended market... puzzles are either aimed at the mass market and therefore need to be cheap (around the £20 mark) so that they'll sell well in the likes of Toys'R'Us, or they're aimed primarily at puzzle collectors, metagrobologists and those with more money than sense that just like to buy shiny things. Most puzzles with a premium price tag are designed and made by individual craftsmen who many of us know very well and regard as friends, and we buy their puzzles because we know that'll it money well spent.

Off the top of my head, it's really only SonicGames and Revomze that sell a set range of their own designs as a business... and I bet their customer base is a fraction of what you think it is. I'd also bet that 90% of SGs customers are 90% of Revomazes customers (ie. us). I think both of these companies have proved through their financial difficulties that it's not an easy business model to get right, indeed I'm often surprised that either company is still trading.

Having said all that, we're puzzlers and we're always interest in new puzzles to challenge us. However, puzzles with hidden structures (particularly those with BBs) are very much an aquired taste. The vast majority of puzzlers have little or no interest in them - its almost like you need your brain wired slightly differently to enjoy/solve them. Additionally, the less feedback the puzzle has, the less interest you'll have in it. The kind of puzzlers that do have an interest in this sort of thing are *all* here in this forum. In short, I think you'll end up needing us far more than we need you.
Lee_NGpuzzles wrote:I fully respect that most people on this sight have a very impressive knowledge that exceeds my own, but most of you are so quick to jump on the negativity band wagon with the rest of the haters did you really expect a pleasant reply from me on this forum?
The negativity came about because the initial posts came across as little more than someone's poor attempt to promote their own puzzles. I have to admit that I'm still sceptical as to where this isn't the case, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm sure even you could admit that it's a bit weird that a new user comes along and immediately posts four messages in unrelated areas promoting your puzzles without any mention of the puzzle that the site is really set up for?

So, back to square one. Tell us about your puzzles. Make us want to buy them. Tell me why I'd want to spent £140 on a blind BB maze metal cryptex. Oh, and *please* take a look at your site - I find it horrendously slow to begin page downloads and you still need to add some company details.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Right, I think enough negative points have been raised on both sides now.

The time has come for everyone to consider if their posts are constructive and respectful. If not then odds are I will end up removing them.

Remember that the puzzle community as a whole has a reputation for being an overly nice bunch of people. Let's not try and drag that down here.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
stet

Post by stet »

I guess I’m one of those guys with my brain wired slightly (more or less depending on if you ask my wife) differently as I do enjoy these kinds of puzzles. The Isis and especially the Ramisis are among my favorite puzzles in my collection. I really dislike puzzles that require the use of obscure algorithms to correctly solve such as the RevoMaze Gold and Copernisis.

I would like to follow on with my comments about pre-orders. With both the Isis and RevoMaze series pre-orders were not asked for until after the first puzzles in each series were in the hands of the hard core fans. The Isis was already a worldwide success with it being sold in retail stores in Europe and the US. Three special editions (1A, 1B, and 1C) were already made and sold out to the most hardcore fans/collectors and prototypes of the Isis II (Ramisis) were already shown before the 500 Club was even proposed. For RevoMazes, limited numbers of the Blue and Green (both originally sold through eBay) were in our hands before we asked if we could pre-order the rest of the series (with matching serial numbers). In both cases the hardcore fans/collectors had good faith in the companies because we already enjoyed the products. And in both cases we were eventually let down.

So coming in as a new company without any puzzles in anyone’s hands yet and asking for pre-orders now just won’t go over very well.
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”