Other Puzzles

pcad

Re: Other Puzzles

Post by pcad »

Hard to find though. Might only be available second hand for quite some time.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

I emailed Dan back in september about acquiring one of his Danlocks, this was his reply, "Only DanLock was available for sale in recent years. Unfortunately it is not available now although I intend to sell some in the future. I will put you on the waiting list and will notify you when I have news." So, if anyone wants one they will have to wait a bit. Just an FYI. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

The First Box: I think this is one I'll be buying. I have only seen it for sale in Australia though. Anyone know if it's being sold in North America? Some of Wil's dovetail puzzles look nice too.

Ball in Cylinder: I'd love one of these. Anyone know where are they being sold?

Danlock: Very intriguing... but hard to get! Maybe down the road I'll get one of these. I should probably get on the waiting list now.

Cubic Dissection: it's showing as out of stock. But it looks evil!

Rosebud: Just reading the review gives me anxiety. I think this puzzle would sit on my shelf in pieces forever. I have a similar puzzle to this, in 6 identical pieces. When the pieces came apart, I knew I was in for a challenge. And challenging it was! I got it back together, but it's not really my idea of a fun puzzle.

Hexadecimal puzzle: I probably would never have read a description of this puzzle ordinarily, but it looks really cool.

Hanayamas: I have plenty. They never fail to entertain. I'm very impressed with the precision of machining in these puzzles.
Starting over
y2khappens

Post by y2khappens »

Bill
astr0creep

Post by astr0creep »

Concerning the Dan Lock, you can always ask Will Strijbos if he can get one, a little over a year ago he found one for me when Dan wasn't producing them (I think it was second hand but with a rustic looking lock that doesn't matter at all in my opinion!)
Blue Obs open
Black Obs V1 open
Black Obs V2 open
Blue Ext open
Green Ext open
Bronze Ext open
Silver Ext open
Gold Ext open
Orange Ext open
PU SCW UK in progress!

Mercry Open, kinda...

astr0creep
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

I just ordered 'the first box' from Sloyd in Finland. Has anyone here ordered from them? There weren't a lot of payment options, so I'm wondering if they will be contacting me for payment.

Their prices were better than Mr Puzzle. I hope their shipping prices and times are as competitive!
Starting over
Lucie

Post by Lucie »

I have also ordered some puzzles from Sloyd recently, soon after my order I did get an invoice with Paypal, no problem. And my puzzles arrived very fast. :)
http://1002-puzzles.blogspot.be/

BU02051 open
GreenV2 open
BronzeV2 arrived 18 september 2013
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Thanks lucie. That's good to know. I wonder how long it will take to get to Canada.
Starting over
Mrhero

Post by Mrhero »

Have fun with the first box! You won't be disappointed.
I've also solved the Washington Monument and Boston's Tea Chest from mr puzzle. Both are very good, but i prefer the Tea Chest- this is because i have opened the monument the wrong way, though the normal way is quite unique and very hard to think of. So of course after i've opened it wrong ive tried to open it correctly since i already knew what was the mechanism.
Closing was straight-forward, but took some time so its great that even after you know the mechanism it can be tricky to close :) i rate it as a 7.5/10 :D
The Boston Tea Chest was in a different league in my opinion. It is a combination of 2 different types of puzzles: a burr and a puzzle box (though i'm not sure if everyone will agree with this).the mechanism is a very nice touch. Took me 5 minutes to open the box. BUT- the assembly took 1-2 hours!! Its quite nice for a 6 piece burr :) a truely great puzzle - rating 8.5/10 8-)
So Andy, think about buying these two since in my opinion they are a must have! A very good price too ;)
Last edited by Mrhero on Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

Thanks, Mrhero! I enjoy reading your reviews. They are helpful and informative.
Starting over

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”