Bronze/tarka?

Mrhero

Bronze/tarka?

Post by Mrhero »

What is a better puzzle- the bronze revomaze or the tarka puzzle? I dont own any isis puzzles but ive opened OR, and GR(in this order). I also own lime and silver revos.
So what will be better for me to buy?
Thanks ahead.
Last edited by mattangel on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to a better home
OR00253 open 20 h 23/11/13
GR01832 open 2.5 h 2/12/13
LM00253 Uuuuuuuuuuuuughhhh.
AG01864 finally cracked the beast!! 100h 19/09/2020
Rdroege

Re: Bronze/tarka?

Post by Rdroege »

I don't have a Tarka, but as a large percentage of the Revo community lists the Bronze as their favorite puzzle, I would go with the Bronze.
BU00613 open GR00374 open BR00308 open R00026 open
AG00262 closed OR00127 closed
AU00168 boxed TI 38/50 boxed LI 00012 boxed
pcad

Post by pcad »

The Bronze is rated as harder than the green and eider than the orange, silver and lime. The silver and lime are much more difficult puzzles. The orange is not as difficult as the silver and lime. I'd say the orange is incrementally more difficult than the bronze, so you should be able to solve it.

Even though the bronze is supposedly easier than the orange it has a completely differant feel to it. It's certainly a worthwhile puzzle with challanges which are not impossibly difficult.

Unfortunately I have no idea if the Tarka is a better choice for you since I no experience with that puzzle or the others made by the same company.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Mrhero

Post by Mrhero »

hmm, so, it requires more dexterity right?
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

I own both and the Bronze will give you much more fun and will 'last' much longer! :)
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Both RevoBronze and Tarka have at least one marvelous original mechanism, not seen before (but may be seen in later puzzles). They are different kinds of puzzles though.
With a Revo you approximately know what to expect, especially if you already solved 'later' Revo's. Do you like that?
With the Tarka you don't know what to expect, only what the product page describes, do you like that?
Solving Tarka without any Isis puzzle experience may be hard, just like solving RevoBronze without any Revo experiences old be hard, but not impossible.
My advice: If you must choose one and already own RevOrange, buy Tarka , otherwise buy RevoBronze.

(My RevoBronze is open, my Tarka not yet).
Mrhero

Post by Mrhero »

Thanks for the replies! I decided to buy a tarka , since it is very limited , its cheaper, and i dont own any SG puzzles, so there is something new for me to discover :)
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

Mrhero wrote:Thanks for the replies! I decided to buy a tarka , since it is very limited , its cheaper, and i dont own any SG puzzles, so there is something new for me to discover :)
The only problem is that the Tarka was originally supposed to be included with the Tessarisis... they were designed to be a combination puzzle which Sonic decided to split into two puzzles.. its not impossible to solve the Tarka without the Tessarisis but it does help... good luck ;)
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
tauceti

Post by tauceti »

Can you really compare the Bronze with the Tarka?
I thought the Tarka is a really different puzzle more or less todo with random shaking of the puzzle and not noticing any progress like with the revomaze...Am I wrong here?
nos6074

Post by nos6074 »

tauceti wrote:Can you really compare the Bronze with the Tarka?
I thought the Tarka is a really different puzzle more or less todo with random shaking of the puzzle and not noticing any progress like with the revomaze...Am I wrong here?
The Tarka requires you to solve 2 parts.. One is to obtain the physical key that you can see inside the puzzle.. the other part is to obtain a numeric code from the puzzle.. a separate solution is needed for each element.. You will notice progress as you go and random shaking will pretty much get you no where.

I would say though if I had to choose between the two I would go for the bronze... I have both and got far more enjoyment from the bronze than the Tarka.. The Tarka took me about 4 hrs to solve where as the bronze took a couple days
"My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me the most abstruse cryptogram, or the most intricate analysis, and I am in my own proper atmosphere." (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”