Pyro Puzzles

03SVTCobra

Re: Pyro Puzzles

Post by 03SVTCobra »

prodigy wrote:Don't give up on the puzzle. It is a really good puzzle, and start to "map" all places where the puzzle will jam. If the puzzle never jam at all, then you probably have not done the first move, but you will find how to do that move in the clues.

This is also a puzzle that is really fun to play with again when it is solved, and it is a puzzle you can open in ~10 seconds when you understand it so it is really fun and a great puzzle!
I dont find puzzles that I dont know my progress very fun. I am somewhere in the puzzle but not sure where. I can get it to jam up.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

03SVTCobra wrote:I dont find puzzles that I dont know my progress very fun. I am somewhere in the puzzle but not sure where. I can get it to jam up.
Just start to map the puzzle then and you will will find out your progress and where you are in the puzzle. Take help of the clues after some "mapping" and you you will really know where you are! So no problem at all to see where you are or the progress :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

You can see the difference in how peoples brains work with this puzzle... Either you opened it within the first few days. Or you've been stuck on it for two years like me. :D

There's little gray (or shall I say grey ;)) area with this one.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

prodigy wrote:
03SVTCobra wrote:I dont find puzzles that I dont know my progress very fun. I am somewhere in the puzzle but not sure where. I can get it to jam up.
Just start to map the puzzle then and you will will find out your progress and where you are in the puzzle. Take help of the clues after some "mapping" and you you will really know where you are! So no problem at all to see where you are or the progress :)
How are you supposed to map when you cant tell where you are? You are blindly mapping. Its not like you are mapping a revo where there is a pin that will hit a wall or fall off a ledge eventually. I was pretty much given how to solve it and still cant open it.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

03SVTCobra wrote: How are you supposed to map when you cant tell where you are? You are blindly mapping. Its not like you are mapping a revo where there is a pin that will hit a wall or fall off a ledge eventually. I was pretty much given how to solve it and still cant open it.
You have a symbol on the top part and "steps/clicks" on the bottom ring, and you can (like a revomaze) "map" the puzzle (the "walls" and the "path") and you also (like a revomaze) have "traps". I have made a map in paper in the shape of a cone and can be placed on top of the puzzle with all the "traps", "walls" and the "path".

So you are not blindly mapping at all, just need to think a little different. If you don't want to map everything, just take help from the clues :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Will

Post by Will »

Hey, a couple questions - does anyone have a set of the Fire puzzle clues they're willing to send to me? I solved them all a couple years back but misplaced the solutions, and didn't want to go through it again. Secondly, anyone know if the designer has put out any puzzles since? I've periodically checked their website but it seems nothing has changed. Edit: got the clues!
Last edited by Will on Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
pewetools

Post by pewetools »

Hi Will,

I had contact last year and this is the main message:

As for the Elemental Series, I feel your pain, I would love to get it done, ‘Fire’ cost me a great deal of money and I made a huge loss on it, so I have had to wait until I can afford to progress ‘Air’, which will not be until after Jabberwocky as I need to get the funds back from that to spend on ‘Air’. Plus Jabberwocky was supposed to be a two year project, I’m now into year four!
Pyro Puzzles is a one man band – i.e. just me and I have a day job as well as running a part time consultancy business, so puzzles have to come fourth in line as family beats the two money earning jobs I do – Puzzles are a hobby that I aim to break even on, not a full time business by any means, so I can only advance my puzzles when I have time.

The price which he told me for the planed Jabberwocky is 12,000 GBP .......... no, not all produced........... this is the price for one puzzle........

best regards
Peter
revo

Post by revo »

just bad business decisions...my opinion
and taking 4 year to make a puzzle that nobody will be able to afford (and spending money in this project, ie: again big loss) is again bad business decisions

I don't think neither of the other elemental puzzle in the pyro puzzle series will ever be released...

so fire will become rare ;)
pewetools

Post by pewetools »

Yes, who is able to pay this price? And even if you are able to afford............ do you want to pay this price for a puzzle? But you have to see that it is not only a single puzzle, Jabberwocky is the combination of 13 puzzles in a large puzzle chest. Click here:
https://www.meetup.com/de-DE/Lewis-Carr ... 247798121/

Peter
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

revo wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:09 am just bad business decisions...my opinion
and taking 4 year to make a puzzle that nobody will be able to afford (and spending money in this project, ie: again big loss) is again bad business decisions

I don't think neither of the other elemental puzzle in the pyro puzzle series will ever be released...

so fire will become rare ;)
Between the super high shipping prices and the side project and the facebook posts saying he has no money it seems like bad decisions all around. I would love to complete the collection but it doesnt seem like its going to happen

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”