Inside3 Cubes

Bidle

Re: Inside3 Cubes

Post by Bidle »

TheWaddler wrote:
Bidle wrote:Would you recommend it?? Or should I wait for the 'official blog'? ;)
I haven't blogged in a long while :(

But yes, I would recommend them. The first two, Easy0 and Regular0, are relatively straight forward, so if you're not worried about collecting the set, or at least all the first series, then you could probably give those a miss. The 3rd one, Mean0, steps it up a bit and is a bit challenging. The 4th, Awful0, is just awful!!! I've had to copy the mazes out on paper and map out the path that way, because there are so many dead-ends. And the last two I cannot comment on as of yet. I'd imagine I'd have to use the mapping technique for the 5th, Vicious0, also.

As I said before, he plans on releasing several more Series, this being the first, so it will be interesting to see all the ideas he's got. When they'll be released I don't know, or if I will buy them all ....

Thx, will give them a try in the nearby future.
KeeZor

Post by KeeZor »

Looking to buy some of these very soon, however i cant figure out if "mortal 0" is actually possible to solve, or just something to buy if you want them all?
it seems to me the only clue to solve it, is the sound from the ball moving in the maze, am i completely off track?
Blue EX - BU02179 - Open
Green EX - GR00007SE - In Progress
Bronze EX - BR02179 - Bought
Silver EX - AG00311 - Bought
nick

Post by nick »

If you have never tried any, I do recommend you to start with the easiest ones. Because you have to understand how to read the maps, and it's far from being easy.
So start with the blue, green and then go with the mean, but don't start with the mean or more difficult.
Regarding the mortal, you can still buy 2: you destroy one to see the inside and make a map and you play with the other one :lol:
KeeZor

Post by KeeZor »

from looking at the cubes, i can solve the easy just by looking at it, so i dont think i will buy that, but i will probably start with regular, which has some down and up action, to get a feel for the cubes.
the question about the mortal is primarily if it's likely it can be solved without opening one, or if it's just for show, and not practically solveable, the way it's intended to be solved (by listening for the maze)
Blue EX - BU02179 - Open
nick

Post by nick »

You should have a try. This is not the most difficult from the series (I have not tried it though), maybe it will be like a mean, but it's hidden. That's the biggest difficulty. Maybe you can try to map the maze, otherwise shake it until it's solved :lol:
But this is definitely not the most interesting cube!
KeeZor

Post by KeeZor »

thank you for your input, i have put an order in for cube 1 to 5 of series 0, and a "mean phantom".
that should be enough to get me going :)
Blue EX - BU02179 - Open
andysnook

Post by andysnook »

How did everyone get on with these cubes? After dealing with the bronze revo I thought I'd mix things up with something a bit easier on the hands, so I got four of the harder cubes.

Awful 0
Viscious 0
Mortal 0
Cthulhu phantom

I'll report back with my thoughts on them
Solved: BU02389 BR02257 IN00114 GR01967 AQ01088 GM00062 CU00062
In Progress: OR00160
On Hold: LM30230
Boxed: SILVER SA00017
andysnook

Post by andysnook »

Easier on the hands, but not on the mind. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it, but the harder ones are driving me insane. Where the hell am I in this rattling box of frustration??

Makes me appreciate the feedback and sense of progression that a revo gives so much more.

As to whether I find them value for money, or throw them into the sea out of frustration - time will tell :D Or maybe they'll meet with a hammer. The Cthulhu cube should probably end up in the sea, appropriately I think.
Solved: BU02389 BR02257 IN00114 GR01967 AQ01088 GM00062 CU00062
In Progress: OR00160
On Hold: LM30230
Boxed: SILVER SA00017
Buschfunch

Post by Buschfunch »

I just bought Regular, Mean, Awful and Vicious. So far I have only played with the first two and they each only took me about 10 minutes to complete, even though I was trying to make them "last" as long as possible :P
They are very enjoyable and nice so far :)
Luke1705

Post by Luke1705 »

Have you tried the secret black Cthulhu one? I wonder if anyone really knows what's going on inside....

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”