Impossible Playing Cards

BarnDoor

Re: Impossible Playing Cards

Post by BarnDoor »

Ralf wrote:Sorry but you wanted to tell me that this card is without hidden cuts?

I don´t think it´s realy without a "Trick".

Again my Rules: No Hidden cuts, or /and Glue. All the Cards an Bills can be handed out as a souvenir. They never can find a hidden cut or joins (is that right?) or glue or any other trick because there is nothing to see.
You are correct. That one was when we were discussing the difference between the trick cards and the true folded ones.
If you read the description, I talk about how it could not be closely inspected (and therefore falls into the trick category).
We suspected that the Olympic Rings was a trick too, not a possible pure fold :shock: .
We all prefer, I think, the ones with no hidden cuts, and/or no glue.
I am just learning this from photos of other cards, without any books or anything.
I would like to read Allen Rolfs booklet... if anyone could maybe scan it for research purposes ?( I'd gladly buy it if I could find it for sale )
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Allen is my best puzzle friend. We send us mails as often as we can. I have his book and many other scans of impossible foldings. I hope there is never a copy of the book in the net....because if anybody knows how to do it, then these cards are not interesting anymore. Ca. 20 persons,me included, know all of those special folds. Also the same for the impossibottles. Allen also teached me how to put spoons,golfballs and sealed decks of cards in small bottles. But i will never exposed those secrets.
maztec

Post by maztec »

I have not seen a spoon in a bottle. I like that idea.
OOOOOOOoo
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Here you have Mr.Eng´s Spoon in Bottle.

http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/images/ ... SLO-014175
BarnDoor

Post by BarnDoor »

That's nice :shock:
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

Ralf wrote:Here you have Mr.Eng´s Spoon in Bottle.

http://webapp1.dlib.indiana.edu/images/ ... SLO-014175
...I'm guessing that Harry used the same piece of equipment he used on his coins... ;)

BTW for those of you in the UK - James Dalgety has a pretty impressive collection of Harry Eng's bottles; if you ever need an excuse to visit him! :D
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

I´m not the biggest fan of these Bottles. I´ve made 10 Bottles with different Objects.
I´m more a magican than a Puzzler.

But many magicans changes his hoby from Magican to ventriloquist,juggler etc.
And i take the Cards and Bills. After i finish my collection i went back to the Hobby "Magic":-)
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

I've found there are quite a lot of puzzlers who are also interested in magic - I've always thought of a new magic trick as a puzzle I haven't solved yet... :)

Quite a few of the puzzle get-togethers include magicians: Gathering for Gardner encourages it, there's the monthly Camden meeting where they co-exist... I think there's a pretty broad band of common interest in the middle of the two ... but will admit that I know some on either side of the spectrum who couldn't be less interested in the other!

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

I alos like to combinate(?)Magic and Puzzling . In my "Show"(i´m a close-up Magican who make magic more on Partys or for my friends) i show a Braided Bill as an impossible Object and the make a Linking Card effekt where the Spectator could have both objects as a souvenir.

Those of you who read the Book from Robert E.Neale "Folding Money Foling" there´s a nice trick with a Banknote. The Bill is folded to a Butterfly and held by the fingertips. Than you gently (?) blow on the Butterfly an the wings begans to "Swing".

Here´s a nice Video of the effect. The Banknote can be borrowed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdBRvxY0AHs
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

I found another video from my magic friend "Bytele"(Joachim). A few month ago i send him two frames with WowCards and Bills.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5ZEl_VW ... ature=plcp
If you want to have some of those card and/or Bills please contact me.

Here are som other items from my collection. I think that´s enough for posting those pics;-)

And this is one of the hardest Paper Puzzle from a freind from Japan. It´s realy possible if you know how. I didn´t find a solution within 3 days. But then he gave me the solution for this one. The Pieces(S) is realy conected with the paper.

And this Puzzle i have for Playingcards too.

But it looks more beautyfull with normal Paper.

So. Enough with Pictures and Links.

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”