Family Games of America/Toys International - A Warning!

Barcared

Family Games of America/Toys International - A Warning!

Post by Barcared »

Just wanted to provide a warning to anyone who is thinking of picking up any puzzles made by Family Games America and Toys International - Canada. In particular I am referring to the Sacred Myths and Legends series and Brain Baffler IQ Collection series.

These puzzles have been around for a while now and have probably been kicking around warehouses and retail outlets etc prior to sale. This may be the main reason for the problems I have experienced.

About a year ago I bought the entire Myths and Legends puzzles from Gadget Geek in the US. When they arrived 2 were broken (broken parts which I was able to repair but don't look great) and 2 arrived in the solved position! :shock: - not good!

Recently I picked up the remaining Brain Baffler IQ Collection puzzles having already picked up Citadel 2nd hand (which also was damaged). I received:

- Porcupine (bent wooden rod, scratches on cube and covered in a strange substance).
- Temple (based unscrewed and loads of wood chippings fell out box from poorly drilled holes)
- Portico (whole structure in pieces and no instructions on solving)
- Arch Rival (wooden balls broken off side bars)

The instructions for all these puzzles are not great leaving you wondering at the real objective and they look really complex but a lot of it is smoke and mirrors.

Please be careful if you are interested in getting any of their products as the biggest puzzle may be in gluing the pieces together before you can start the puzzle! :roll:
Alimorris

Re: Family Games of America/Toys International - A Warning!

Post by Alimorris »

I have to agree!

I have two copies of Porcupine both sent by the company " Serious Puzzles".

I had very poor service, in fact they don't understand 'service' and a year later I have two broken, unusable puzzles and they have my money. They will not reply to any emails but still send me current offers.

WARNING- Don't spend your money with them!!
CE_#111 ordered OR00111 O R00111 O HM04-20 On display LM00111 ;) BL00019 O
BU01111 O GR01111 O BR01111 O AG01111 O AU00111 O TI (SE) 14-50 O Mini O
. PU04

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”