Rainer Popp - Popplocks

mereacregrigore18

Re: Rainer Popp - Popplocks

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

pewetools wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:57 pm Hi mereacregrigore18

yes of course you are right and I did. I told him that that I have all color variations of Loki and except of two types also all kind of Revos.

Here I just want to present the negative result of my experience.

Best regards
Peter
Hi Peter,

I know it's frustrating. I got upset as well that I didn't get one from him but there is nothing you or I can do except trying our chance in the next Popplock, T13. I was lucky enough to get a T12.

My advise is to get on the list for T13 at Mr.Puzzle (https://www.mrpuzzle.com.au/product-cat ... l-puzzles/). I know he has a list alrealy for the T13 as he is one of the retailers. Also you could try PuzzleMaster (https://www.puzzlemaster.ca/). Not sure how Wil Strijbos got the T12 ,I just saw him replying to one of my friend's post on FB about if he wants to buy a T12 ,to email him. So I emailed Wil as well.

Hope this helps out!

Stay safe!

Greg
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

I emailed Wil less than a week ago. 3 days later he said he had one more left. Now, 5 days after contacting him I'm the proud purchaser of a T12 popplock - and I still can't believe it. There are so many variables. Puzzles come and go. He sold all the ones he had, then he got some more and bumped up the cost. But I'm the furthest from knowing how Wil/Rainer operated this sale. I know others had emailed him around the same time but didn't hear back. But I also messaged him weeks before this about unrelated puzzle questions.

It's a black art. Nothing is guaranteed. I can see where it's frustrating, hell I still can't even find a purple, gold, black, or red revomaze. I think it's probably harder to find these revomazes than a popplock :lol: :lol: . What I can say is that the puzzle community for the most part is great and a good group of people to be a part of. I'm honestly incredibly happy to be part of this group. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Ha, just ask Eric from Cubic Dissection about how my idiotic remarks almost got me black listed. I know in the grand scheme of things I've gotten lucky more often than not. But regardless of what happens, most everyone I know here tries to do the best to accommodate everyone in this community. Unfortunately it seems that when designers/collectors are busy, preoccupied, or unable to accommodate everyone that they can come across as arrogant or rude.

I'm just hoping to find some rare revomazes and solve puzzles with some other eclectic solvers that I can hopefully call friend. Wow that got emo quick. My bad.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Ah, no point in me sending him another email then to ask if he still has any.

I still haven't gotten a reply back about his stock after 3 weeks, but I guess that's how it is. I choose to use all my hobby budget on Revomazes a few years ago, so I had to take a break from buying for a good while. I suppose that means I have missed out on some great items between then and now. I don't regret my choice though, the Revomazes are excellent! I even have a Gold (Sorry, I collect, so I don't intend to sell any of the puzzles I buy, which is also why I won't go down the "buy it really expensive second-hand, and resell after solve to break even/profit"-path).
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

mereacregrigore18 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:39 pm
pewetools wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 7:57 pm Hi mereacregrigore18

yes of course you are right and I did. I told him that that I have all color variations of Loki and except of two types also all kind of Revos.

Here I just want to present the negative result of my experience.

Best regards
Peter
Hi Peter,

I know it's frustrating. I got upset as well that I didn't get one from him but there is nothing you or I can do except trying our chance in the next Popplock, T13. I was lucky enough to get a T12.

My advise is to get on the list for T13 at Mr.Puzzle (https://www.mrpuzzle.com.au/product-cat ... l-puzzles/). I know he has a list alrealy for the T13 as he is one of the retailers. Also you could try PuzzleMaster (https://www.puzzlemaster.ca/). Not sure how Wil Strijbos got the T12 ,I just saw him replying to one of my friend's post on FB about if he wants to buy a T12 ,to email him. So I emailed Wil as well.

Hope this helps out!

Stay safe!

Greg
Just a heads up Mr Puzzle is usually quite a bit more because of the import duties and taxes they have to pay.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

chris_linnick wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 10:57 pm I emailed Wil less than a week ago. 3 days later he said he had one more left. Now, 5 days after contacting him I'm the proud purchaser of a T12 popplock - and I still can't believe it. There are so many variables. Puzzles come and go. He sold all the ones he had, then he got some more and bumped up the cost. But I'm the furthest from knowing how Wil/Rainer operated this sale. I know others had emailed him around the same time but didn't hear back. But I also messaged him weeks before this about unrelated puzzle questions.

It's a black art. Nothing is guaranteed. I can see where it's frustrating, hell I still can't even find a purple, gold, black, or red revomaze. I think it's probably harder to find these revomazes than a popplock :lol: :lol: . What I can say is that the puzzle community for the most part is great and a good group of people to be a part of. I'm honestly incredibly happy to be part of this group. Sometimes it doesn't work out. Ha, just ask Eric from Cubic Dissection about how my idiotic remarks almost got me black listed. I know in the grand scheme of things I've gotten lucky more often than not. But regardless of what happens, most everyone I know here tries to do the best to accommodate everyone in this community. Unfortunately it seems that when designers/collectors are busy, preoccupied, or unable to accommodate everyone that they can come across as arrogant or rude.

I'm just hoping to find some rare revomazes and solve puzzles with some other eclectic solvers that I can hopefully call friend. Wow that got emo quick. My bad.
Chris not sure where you are located but my lock took over a month to get to me with all this crap going on. Im in NY
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

There is one on Ebay if anyone is looking!
:? :? :? :?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Popplock-T12/2 ... SwnHdeukGm
chris_linnick

Post by chris_linnick »

I don't know if I'm going to hold onto the T12 lock. I sold a lot of items to buy my current puzzle collection, but still. Based on the amount of time to solve I'd still much rather have a purple, black, black merc, etc. than a T12 (hint hint, anyone who wants to trade/buy).

I feel a little more justified in purchasing a revomaze due to the dozens or hundreds of hours of time it would take. The popplock is more collectible. Don't get me wrong, still an amazing puzzle and I imagine a good solve. Not sure if it's the right price per hours to solve for me. Couldn't pass up on the last one though. We'll see where this mystery T12 ends up.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

I just received my T12 today. Almost two months in transit from Germany.. Whew!!! KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

limius

Post by limius »

Popplock T-12 for sale - absolutely new condition.
PM me, lUmius.
(on photo - my copy + unopened T-12 for sale)
Attachments
T-12.jpg
T-12.jpg (663.82 KiB) Viewed 9917 times

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”