Rainer Popp - Popplocks

prodigy

Re: Rainer Popp - Popplocks

Post by prodigy »

T13 is here! What do you think? Will it be a good one?

I think it looks like a good and fun Popplock!

Details:
According to the instructions, the lock has 13 steps to open.
It weighs more than 2kg and has a key.
Height: 14cm, width: 9cm, depth: 4cm

T13.jpg
T13.jpg (680.18 KiB) Viewed 5375 times
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Aldan

Post by Aldan »

I just made the payment to Rainer :D

Wasn't planning on spending that kind of money at the moment. But what the hell, I had to reply to his newsletter and try to get one :)

Very exited for that one.
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Aldan wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 11:21 am I just made the payment to Rainer :D

Wasn't planning on spending that kind of money at the moment. But what the hell, I had to reply to his newsletter and try to get one :)

Very exited for that one.
I hope I was fast enough. Not easy during vacation period :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Aldan

Post by Aldan »

prodigy wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:59 pm I hope I was fast enough. Not easy during vacation period :)
I don't know how much time is a factor whether you will get one or not, as Rainer says the order of his list of interested buyers is a mixture of old customer, new customer and nationality.

But, I did reply 20 minutes after I got his newsletter ;)
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Congrats guys! Maybe one day I'll be able to get one of his locks. I remember reading about them in these forums back in the day and then seriously looking at them in 2016 and realizing it was virtually impossible to get his designs other than paying a lot of money in the secondary market :cry:

I did FINALLY request to be added to his email list this week after the T13 announcement but doubt I'll get my hands on anything until there is a T14 or T15 :?
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I have not got any confirmation yet that I did get one. I might have been too slow.

Great that you have requested to be on the mailing list. Maybe you can grap one T13 from the puzzle shops. They will go fast but you can give it a try.
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

prodigy wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 7:53 pm Maybe you can grap one T13 from the puzzle shops. They will go fast but you can give it a try.
I feel it may be too late for those as well... but maybe. I think everyone that cares and/or knows has already contacted the usual suppliers. Which I don't even know whom they are! :?

I suppose he'll go through his direct list for the next few days potentially, so there is a chance anyone on it may still get asked if they want to buy one... :|
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

bluedot99 wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:04 pm I feel it may be too late for those as well... but maybe. I think everyone that cares and/or knows has already contacted the usual suppliers. Which I don't even know whom they are! :?
I think normally Puzzle Master and Grand Illusions will get a couple and as I remember it they will be added for sell and no one can get them before that. You can always try to ask William Strijbos too due to he usually get a couple of them and he sell them for the same price as Rainer.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

What I can see is also that Sloyd have had at least T8, T9 and T10 for sell so it could be good to have an eye on that shop too.

https://www.sloyd.fi/locks-c-93.html?language=en
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Thanks for the info and suggestions prodigy! I'll keep an eye on these and you never know, if I get lucky and can afford it maybe I'll finally have a try at one of Rainer's designs :)

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”