Rainer Popp - Popplocks

mereacregrigore18

Re: Rainer Popp - Popplocks

Post by mereacregrigore18 »

dasrevo wrote:
mereacregrigore18 wrote:I don’t want to watch the video... :? :shock:
You shouldnt, seeing how that guy handles such an expensive piece of art, I feel sorry for Rainer.
Yeah...I skipped till the end when he opened it.
Now I definitely know that i will not buy one! Prefer the Revomazes instead.
Swyrm

Post by Swyrm »

The thing I don't like much also is the role of puzzlemaster... they share all his videos on their Facebook page, and it seems they helped him much to get all these rare items while knowing who he is and what he will do with them...
AndrewParr

Post by AndrewParr »

I’m very surprised that Puzzlemaster shared a spoiler video for a Popp lock.

We can’t stop people from making spoiler videos, and we can’t stop people from searching them out. Heck, I have used spoiler videos on occasion to solve some difficult Hanayama puzzles.

It’s not really up to us to decide how other players should enjoy their puzzle. I agree with one of my puzzle hero’s philosophies. Will Shortz is the longtime editor of the New York Times crossword puzzle. Here’s what he says about ‘cheating:’

“Will Shortz has answered the cheating question many times, and his answer as to whether Googling or asking your family for help is cheating always boils down to the same thing. I’m paraphrasing here, but essentially, Mr. Shortz’s philosophy is, it’s your puzzle; do whatever you want with it.”

For years, I belonged to our local magician’s club and I’m also a member of the international brotherhood of magicians. We have an agreed-upon set of rules that govern the behaviour and expectations of magicians. Obviously, one of these expectations is that a magician never reveals his secret, ever.

Often, a puzzle designer is like a magician who asks the audience to believe something seemingly impossible can be accomplished. But unlike a magician’s audience, a puzzle solver is allowed to - and challenged to - discover the secret.

I think it’s an obligation for all of us puzzle solvers to respect and protect the secrets of the inventors. That’s not to say we should prevent others from learning the secrets, but we shouldn’t go out of our way to make the secrets common knowledge.

To summarize, I don’t like seeing spoiler videos popping up in my Facebook feed.
Starting over
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

I watched a little

I don't know why something like this would put one off of popplocks in general. Some like these types of puzzles some don't

I like seeing peoples reactions to hard to get puzzles but not the solutions...
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

Revomaze got featured a bit in Chris Ramsay's latest video. They gave him a wooden stand!

https://youtu.be/Ea1jo984sk0 around 3:45

At least it's a blue which is already out in the world
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Can someone who solved the T10 PM me I have a question
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
Vlancii

Post by Vlancii »

What do people think about the T8? I forgot I bought it a few years ago. Don’t remember what I spent, but it wasn’t too much.

Haven’t seen it discussed much, pretty much the T1, T10, T11, and the disappointing T7.
Swyrm

Post by Swyrm »

Vlancii

Post by Vlancii »

Swyrm wrote:There are a lot pf reviews of the internet here are the main ones:
http://smallpuzzlecollection.blogspot.c ... 8.html?m=1
http://puzzle-obsessed.blogspot.com/201 ... p.html?m=1

Thank you. I read some of them and they all seem to like it.

Finding a 10 or 11 (auctions) seems to be MUCH easier than finding an 8 or 9 for rough pricing. I am NOT looking to sell mine, but just curious. (Kicking myself hard with a very pointy boot since I could have also purchased the T9 along with the T8. The wife just wasn’t having it! ;) )
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I think the T8 is really good. One of the best tricks in a puzzle I have ever seen. I like the T9 better but that just due to there are more steps, not better tricks/steps.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”