Wil Strijbos!!!

Duders

Re: Wil Strijbos!!!

Post by Duders »

Amlux wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:24 am
Duders wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:57 pm Ok I need help/hint... I feel like I’m 95% of the way to return the Wanderer puzzle back to starting position.

The thing is everything is locked back up but for some reason the brass key is slightly sticking up, it’s not fully down...

Am I actually close or does that suggest I’m way off... how do I get it to stay down?

I just tried assembling without the tiny Wanderer, which worked so many I’m missing a step ..... any hints would be appreciated
I'll send a PM :)

Edit: PM sent, it is hanging in my outbox though. Not sure if you have received it.

Got your msg thanks!
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

Newsletter out today. Pachinko Box back in stock!
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Can you paste it?

I have emailed him twice the last month, not gotten any reply nor the newletter. I must be doing something wrong. Yes, I have checked the spam.

Edit: as long as he is not replying to me at all, maybe there is no point for me to even try to order anything even if he has the stock?

At least I have made a good order for a bunch of his puzzles from Sloyd last week (including the cylinder, First Box and the Revenge lock), so at least I should have something of his soon though. Would still love to be able to get the Lotus and the Pachinko Box in addition.
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

Yes, please post it if you can...
Have previously ordered from him directly and many requests for the newsletter as well...
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

I'm not sure if he is totally fine with me pasting his full email on the board, including the prices he sells stuff for (he's not posting it on some website himself either). In the spoiler are the most relevant parts of the newsletter, so you can see which puzzles he has for sale now (I marked them blue). If you want to contact him but don't have his email, or if you want to know the price of a puzzle, just drop me a PM.

Spoiler:
News Letter - 20.05.2020.

Pachinko Box

Dear friends, I’m happy to announce that I have in
stock again the Pachinko Box

History of the "Pachinko Box"

My first inspiration came about 6 years ago while I was looking at a Mouse Trap.
I wanted to use the mechanism from a Mouse Trap to shoot an object to a certain
point. It proved too difficult to control the object using that mechanism, but
while on a trip to Japan, I found a far more practical solution. I found my
inspiration in a "Pachinko Hall" see:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pachinko# ... chinko.jpg
For more information, please Google "Pachinko".

The second inspiration for part of the Pachinko Box came from a Museum in China.
I went to see an exhibition with Tom, my producer, and saw an object in the
building that begged for more attention, so I've used the same construction
in the Pachinko Box.

Challenge: Free the "Second" Coin

Instructions: Please don't use any force! Just turn things over, slide things
back and forth carefully, change positions etc. No "external tools" are required.
Always play over a clean table (there's a good reason!). No Banging, No
Rotational Moves, and No Force Required at all! I mean it this time!

Article: "Pachinko Box"
Size: 123x73x95mm
Weight: 1.370 gram
Price: [...]

“Still in Stock”
Article: Revenge Lock "The Wanderer" – Price [...]
Goal: First Part:
1 - Discover your Number
2 - Open the Shackle
3 - Remove the Brass Key
4 - Free the Tiny Wanderer
Second Part:
5 - Replace the Wanderer - Brass Key - Shackle
6 - Put the Lock back in the Frame
7 - Fix the Lock back into the Frame
Design: William Strijbos
Production: Streetwise_Inc.
http://allardspuzzlingtimes.blogspot.nl ... derer.html
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2017/05/boun ... .html#more
Article: First Cylinder - Price [...]
Goal: Take Apart/Put together
Production: Streetwise_Inc.
http://puzzle-obsessed.blogspot.com/201 ... ijbos.html
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2011/06/alum ... ijbos.html
Article: Dovetail T - Price [...]
Article: Dovetail Convex - Price [...]
Article: Dovetail Concave - Price [...]
Goal: First - Try to imagine how it can be made?
Goal: Second - Take Apart
Production: Streetwise Inc.
Article: Framed Jigsaw - Price [...]
Goal: Fit in the last piece
Design: Hajime Katsumoto
Production: Constantin/Streetwise Inc.
Article: 4 Piece Blue/Silver aluminium [...]
Goal: Take Apart/Put together
Production: Streetwise Inc.
http://allardspuzzlingtimes.blogspot.nl ... wares.html

[...]

Payment with Paypal

All Prices are without Postage

[...]

Products and other information:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/117062118@N03/sets/

Best Regards - William
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

Ahh, no Lotus of First Cross, which is still on my wishlist.

I do have the Pachinco Box on my list also, but I just ordered Strijbos-puzzles for almost 1000€ two days ago, so I guess I should at least consider the price for 5 minutes before trying to order it.

By the way, if anyone have any input of why Wil is not responding to my emails, I would love to hear it. I know he is busy and all, but I have read that several others have gotten replies with stock info during the last weeks, while I have gotten zero. Is he just not replying to all his mails, or could I have ended in his spam-filter or something? I am rather polite in my emails, so I don't think I have offended him or anything.

Basically, is there even a point in sending yet another email asking to buy anything from him if I want to try for the Pachinko Box?
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Spanishlovemachine

Post by Spanishlovemachine »

Don't send too much emails in a very short time! Try it through FB via PM
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

SittingDuck wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:27 am Ahh, no Lotus of First Cross, which is still on my wishlist.

I do have the Pachinco Box on my list also, but I just ordered Strijbos-puzzles for almost 1000€ two days ago, so I guess I should at least consider the price for 5 minutes before trying to order it.

By the way, if anyone have any input of why Wil is not responding to my emails, I would love to hear it. I know he is busy and all, but I have read that several others have gotten replies with stock info during the last weeks, while I have gotten zero. Is he just not replying to all his mails, or could I have ended in his spam-filter or something? I am rather polite in my emails, so I don't think I have offended him or anything.

Basically, is there even a point in sending yet another email asking to buy anything from him if I want to try for the Pachinko Box?
I don't think it's something personal. I think he's just busy or your emails end up in his spam folder or something. I do get his news letters, but a while ago I also sent him an email with a question about an unknown puzzle I found, but he didn't respond to that. Perhaps you should try and order the Pachinko Box, see if he responds to that :)
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

I didn't even get the newsletter.. :(
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
Yffffonz

Post by Yffffonz »

Eventually i received it with subject “News Letter 20.05.2020. 3th. Try”... so he must be having the same issues as always.
I did send him a short email yesterday re-re-re-re-requesting the newsletter.
AQUA OPEN - BLUE OPEN
GREEN - MINT - TITANIUM - GUNMETAL - COPPER - ORANGE - BRONZE - INDIGO - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - LIME - GOLD
TURQUOISE - SALMON - MERCURY - RED - BLACK OBS V1 - GREY - PURPLE - BLACK OBS V2 - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
VOYAGER #008

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”