Wil Strijbos!!!

nick

Re: Wil Strijbos!!!

Post by nick »

how long did it take you to solve it?
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

It is a great puzzle. It took me about 30min to get all the steps right. Together with Brian he is the best for me.

Now waiting on the SMS, but still busy with the Koala,.... Can't get that thing to open up,... Yet! ;)
alex80it

Post by alex80it »

Yesterday I received my Aluminum Cylinder and Alu Cross!!

I opened the cross in about 20 minutes, whereas the cylinder is proving a bit more complicated ... I do have an idea, but still have been unable to put it into practice... Meanwhile that ball bearing teases me peeping through the hole... :P

Very good looking and precisely machined puzzles!
Is there any coating I can apply to the outside surface to keep them clean and shiny?
Open: BU, BU Obs, PRO, BR, IN, GR, GR Obs, MT SE, GM, TI, LM, OR, BL Obs, AU, AQ, AG
In progress: CU
Closed: R Obs
Waiting for: MT V1, SL
Wishlist: R, PU, BL, MINI
Orko

Post by Orko »

I am pretty sure they are silver anodized. ;)
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
alex80it

Post by alex80it »

Cylinder open... I'd say one hour to get it open... Luck played a role, as the internals are not exactly what I had thought, but my theory still helped in doing the right moves... :)

Phil you sure about anodization? The surface seems to be very easy to scratch, as if it were raw aluminum... Not an expert tho, I definitely trust your judgment more on this! :D
Open: BU, BU Obs, PRO, BR, IN, GR, GR Obs, MT SE, GM, TI, LM, OR, BL Obs, AU, AQ, AG
Orko

Post by Orko »

I have pretty much all of wil's metal puzzles and not one of them looks different after over 3 years. I own some other aluminium puzzles which i think they are raw aluminium and they got grey and a bit rough after some time :roll:

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
alex80it

Post by alex80it »

Then they probably are anodized, mine had some minor scratches on it, that's why I thought the surface might be delicate... :)

Which one of Wil's puzzles do you rate best?
Orko

Post by Orko »

Phew, hard question i like all of wil's puzzles, but the angelbox, butterfly lock and the patchiko box are real masterpieces. For less money i would go for the lotus or the first box in the sequential discovery range. :D

alex80it

Post by alex80it »

Angel box and butterfly lock look vety appealing!
Is there a chance to get them?
I guess they must be really expensive, since you refer to Lotus and First box as cheaper and their prices on Sloyd are not so low... :P
Orko

Post by Orko »

Sloyd is always a bit more expensive than buying it directly from wil.

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”