Wil Strijbos!!!

Vlancii

Re: Wil Strijbos!!!

Post by Vlancii »

Thanks for the info on the worth of the puzzle.

Hoping cubicdissection reopens soon. I'm tired of searching fleabay!
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Vlancii wrote:Hoping cubicdissection reopens soon. I'm tired of searching fleabay!
Normally there are 3-4 auctions per year. So just wait and keep your eyes open for the next auction.
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Vlancii

Post by Vlancii »

Wanderer/Revenge lock. I love Strijbos' puzzles, but I am not a big fan of puzzles that require dexterity (quick moves to get a rod/bead to drop into the right hole, etc.

Does this lock use a dexterity move to open it?

Please PM so that it will not be posted here for all to see. :)
CPLR

Post by CPLR »

So I have found myself completely at a standstill with Strijbos's Brass Pin Bolt puzzle. I've been carrying it around with me everywhere for the past three weeks or so hoping to suddenly be hit with inspiration. I can't figure this thing out and as much as I hate doing this--has anybody solved it who might be willing to drop me a hint that doesn't give away the solution? PM me if so. Thanks!
Spanishlovemachine

Post by Spanishlovemachine »

Sent you a PM
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

This is by far my least favorite Strijbos puzzle. I'm sure you'll find out why from the PM you receive. I love his puzzles but this one didn't follow the normal rules. At least not for me.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
CPLR

Post by CPLR »

You are correct and I tend to agree. I was happy to finally solve it (with a proper hint--thanks Spanishlovemachine), but was disappointed with the solution for exactly the same reason as you.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

CPLR wrote:You are correct and I tend to agree. I was happy to finally solve it (with a proper hint--thanks Spanishlovemachine), but was disappointed with the solution for exactly the same reason as you.
Do you have a picture of the puzzle? Please post it if possible :)
OPEN: AQUA - TURQUOISE - BLUE - GREEN - BRONZE - SILVER - GOLD - INDIGO - TITANIUM - RED - ORANGE - LIME - GUNMETAL - PURPLE - COPPER - MINT - HANDMADE - MERCURY - BLACK - BLACK MERC - SALMON - GREY - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

I like to think it was a design flaw as opposed to an intentional cheap trick. I genuinely love Wil's puzzles and own most of them. He's a brilliant designer and a great guy. I think the theory behind the solution is fine, I just think it was unintentionally "harder" than it was supposed to be. I'm glad you got it opened. I'm not sure how many of Wil's puzzles you have solved, but don't let this one puzzle give you the wrong impression. His puzzles are some of the best out there.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
Spanishlovemachine

Post by Spanishlovemachine »

@prodigy

Follow the link --> http://puzzles.schwandtner.info/puzzle_2192.html

You can tell it is the Brass Pin Bolt if the bolt has two colors on either end (silver and brass which is not really that recognizable on the photo following the link)

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”