Wil Strijbos!!!

chris_linnick

Re: Wil Strijbos!!!

Post by chris_linnick »

Where can you sign up for Wil's email list? I'm trying to find more puzzles of his but everywhere i look they are sold out. Recently solved the Sweta cross and it was a terrific puzzle.
Looking to purchase:
Limited/Special Edition (Extreme/Metal --> Black and Black merc)
PM or email (preferred): linnick.christopher@gmail.com
Aldan

Post by Aldan »

chris_linnick wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:58 pm Where can you sign up for Wil's email list? I'm trying to find more puzzles of his but everywhere i look they are sold out. Recently solved the Sweta cross and it was a terrific puzzle.
I've sent you a PM
Open: BLUE - BRONZE - INDIGO - MINT - COPPER - GUNMETAL - AQUA - GREEN - TITANIUM - ORANGE - SILVER - HANDMADE - MINI - TURQUOISE - LIME - BLACK-ObsV1 - SALMON - RED - GOLD - BLUE_Pro-Obs - GREY - BLACK-ObsV2 - PURPLE - BU00036 - BLACK-MERC - SAPPHIRE - EMERALD - RUBY - PEACH
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Pro tip: find a buddy to tell you if they receive newsletter and vice versa.

A lot of his mailers just do not show up randomly for some.
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

So, any suggestions for my next purchase? :)

I'm considering to buy either the:
:arrow: EGG
:arrow: First Box; or
:arrow: Aluminium First Cross

In your opinion, which one of those three:
:?: is most difficult (i.e. most fun to open for the first time)?
:?: has the highest reply value?

All feedback is appreciated!
ghxost

Post by ghxost »

Most of that varies person to person.
I'd say the egg was the most interesting for me to solve and understand out of those

Great puzzle!
Seeking:
Black extreme (not merc), Red (extreme), Ruby, Peach
Ramisi5, devil isis, devil copernisis (or other harder variants)
Brian706

Post by Brian706 »

I'd agree that the egg is the most interesting to understand. It still confuses me and I've opened it several times. The first box is my favorite out of those 3 though. The aluminum cross isn't very difficult in my opinion but a neat puzzle. Get them all! Lol...

If difficulty is your only qualifier, then egg is the most difficult in my opinion. But my personal suggestion would be first box.
OPENED: AQ BU GR
CLOSED: BR CU IN GM R MT SA TI AU AG
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Everything Wil makes is great. GET THEM ALL!
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
SittingDuck

Post by SittingDuck »

I'll probably regret this, but could someone send me the email address of Wil?

Been having a long break from puzzling (because life), but am now slowly staring up again. And even though I have a backlog of Revomazes (and still want to get more), I would also like to expand my collection just to get a little variation. From what I have seen and read, Wil's puzzles just seem to be intruiging to me.

I am currently planning to start out with the Lotus and/or First Box (and maybe the Cross and Jigzaw-one if available as a minor addition). Is it possible to give a rough estimate how long I realisticly would have to wait to get the chance to buy one of these? From the thread, I get the impression that they are rarely relased, and when they are, they sell out really quickly. Luckily, I have no problem being patient (a good quality when working on puzzles)!

Are there any other of his puzzles that I should consider, that is realistic to buy (both for price and availability). The Revenge Lock? If it helps, I am attracted by sequencial discovery puzzles, though I don't really have any of them.
Open: Aqua * Titanium * Blue * Green * Bronze
Closed:Gunmetal * Copper * Indigo * Gold
Want to buy: *Orange * Silver * Red * Lime * Black * Purple * Handmade * Voyager
Brassassin

Post by Brassassin »

You can find some of his puzzles on different websites.
I like them all so far. Lotus was my first sequential discovery puzzle and a sort of ‘gateway drug’ if you will.
Enjoyed the first cylinder, sweta cross, and revenge lock as well.
Still have alu cross and first box waiting on my shelf (have to finish Titan lock first, which is not by Wil, but a nice puzzle nonetheless).
Opened: BU BR TI OR GR IN MT AQ TQ AG
Closed: CU GM LM GY HM
Amlux

Post by Amlux »

03SVTCobra wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:37 am Everything Wil makes is great. GET THEM ALL!
Haha, yes eventually, eventually.

And thanks for responding ghxost and Brian706. I wanted to go for the Egg first (I love the looks of that thing) but I just contacted Wil, and of these 3 puzzles he only had the First Box available now. So I ordered it directly :mrgreen: can't wait for it to arrive!

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”