SonicWarp puzzles

User avatar
RichAE91
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: Llanelli, Wales

SonicWarp puzzles

Postby RichAE91 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:33 am

whats everyone else' opinion on the ramisis as i bought it about a year ago and got bored with it after about 2hrs play now its just an expensive paper weight as theres nothing to drive me to pick it up and solve it.

(and no i didnt get bored with cause i couldnt progress in the 2hrs play i had i solved the clues and instigated the 1st 3 clues i.e. i went up and came straight back down)

i just felt it was too much like a combination lock and if i wanted to play with one of them i would have gone to halfords and bought one for £10 and the thrown away the code!
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88

User avatar
mattangel
Posts: 1560
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:20 pm
Location: Washington, DC

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Postby mattangel » Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:54 pm

I've never had the opportunity to play with a SW puzzle, but the lot seems extremely interesting. Perhaps one of the bloggers have mentioned these puzzles on their respective websites :)

bluesign2k
Site Admin
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Postby bluesign2k » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:41 pm

I'd like to point out at this point that responses should be kept civil and factual... two identical threads on the same topic have already been archived in the past.

In answer to your question:
The Ramisis is less of puzzle and more of a lottery. Without having seen the inside it is 99.9% luck, having seen the insides it becomes more like 75% skill and 15% luck but by that stage you have to ask what's the point... I'm not sure I know anyone who's bothered to reset one to have another go. I have been known to offer a Ramisis opening service in the past though :)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze

User avatar
Paradox
Posts: 2125
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:05 am
Location: UK
Contact:

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Postby Paradox » Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:44 pm

bluesign2k wrote:...having seen the insides it becomes more like 75% skill and 15% luck...


So that's 90%, is the other 10% 'divine intervention'? :lol:

The only SW puzzle that I've solved properly is the Isis, and that was before I properly got into puzzles, so I don't own it any more. Although if the opportunity came up again to get one for a good price then I would get it.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)

User avatar
allardwza
Posts: 1626
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:46 am
Location: Barnt Green (Birmingham)

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Postby allardwza » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:01 pm

I own a few of them.

They look pretty.

I don't rate them very highly as puzzles.

...and I have made use of Pursell's Proffered Puzzle Disassembly Services.

YMMV...etc

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger

bluesign2k
Site Admin
Posts: 1947
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:17 pm
Location: Worcestershire
Contact:

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Postby bluesign2k » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:02 pm

Paradox wrote:
bluesign2k wrote:...having seen the insides it becomes more like 75% skill and 15% luck...


So that's 90%, is the other 10% 'divine intervention'? :lol:

The only SW puzzle that I've solved properly is the Isis, and that was before I properly got into puzzles, so I don't own it any more. Although if the opportunity came up again to get one for a good price then I would get it.

Nope, the missing 10% is for use of tools (eg hacksaw, crowbar, gas axe etc) ;)
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze

User avatar
TheJuggler
Posts: 838
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:06 pm
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Postby TheJuggler » Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:21 pm

Well, I threw up a review of the Kuku on my blog recently. I also have the Isis and RamIsis which I will review at some point. I'll leave my comments on my blog, but I have kept it factual there, as I do with any review.
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/

User avatar
RichAE91
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: Llanelli, Wales

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Postby RichAE91 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:14 pm

TheJuggler wrote:Well, I threw up a review of the Kuku on my blog recently. I also have the Isis and RamIsis which I will review at some point. I'll leave my comments on my blog, but I have kept it factual there, as I do with any review.



let me know when you do it as i would like to get other peoples opinion on it (but atm i am unable to spend a lot of time reading through blogs as i have end of year exams in uni)
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88

User avatar
Manifestjp
Posts: 529
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: PA, USA :(

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Postby Manifestjp » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:58 pm

The Isis was an amazing puzzle. The only thing that bothered me was having to search for the secret clue #11 which should have just been included with the other clues. The ramisis is a very cool concept but just suffers from poor execution. Great if you have great hearing and like to spend hours in a silent dark room. The kuku is a neat little puzzle with a pretty easy solution but I just wish that the coin inside was made of a rare material called "metal". For the price a plastic coin seems a cheap option. The copernisis is a very beautiful puzzle but works like a combination lock. I don't know if everyone had the same experience but I found that it was easier to open the key chamber than open the "secret compartment". All and all if you own every Revomaze and your looking for something new I would highly suggest buying a couple or all of them.
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)

User avatar
RichAE91
Posts: 488
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: Llanelli, Wales

Re: SonicWarp puzzles

Postby RichAE91 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Manifestjp wrote: The copernisis is a very beautiful puzzle but works like a combination lock.



wouldnt £20 on combination bike lock be a better investment cause ive had a play with a copernisis and its not hard to solve!
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88


Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests