The DanLock

Bidle

Re: The DanLock

Post by Bidle »

Paradox wrote:
Bidle wrote:Okay I got the lock and just looking at and looking at it and than finally looking at it,.... ;)

I'm afraid if you stick something in the lock you'll never get it out again. As I just got it I really don't want to break it. Can I indeed break it??
Nope. Be brave. ;)
Thx, gonna be brave!!

[edit] Got it!! Also thx to this topic especially the hint that you absolutely don't need anything!! Also was a bit lucky in a finding. ;-)
Really like this one!!!
[/edit]

Also made a photo of this great puzzle:
Will

Post by Will »

After possessing this puzzle for several months I finally had the time to do some intense puzzling and worked it all out in one evening! Great experience. What a awesome puzzle. Well worth the coin. It was up there on my 'favorites' shelf along with Jerry's BIC and the Houdini Torture Cell. :D
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Cant you just put the end of the broken key in and then the other half and turn? That would open the padlock wouldnt it?

Although I can imagine it to be quite scary if I owned it. Might not be able to get it out haha.
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

robbaylis79 wrote:Cant you just put the end of the broken key in and then the other half and turn? That would open the padlock wouldnt it?

Although I can imagine it to be quite scary if I owned it. Might not be able to get it out haha.
Know this: The end goal is to open the lock, and then get it back the way it was, using no external tools. That means unlock it, and lock it back up, with all pieces out of the lock cylinder.
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.
jerryloo71

Post by jerryloo71 »

Chyron wrote:
robbaylis79 wrote:Cant you just put the end of the broken key in and then the other half and turn? That would open the padlock wouldnt it?

Know this: The end goal is to open the lock, and then get it back the way it was, using no external tools. That means unlock it, and lock it back up, with all pieces out of the lock cylinder.
And nothing will get stuck that it can't come out.

I have heard of instances where bits and pieces get stuck inside a puzzle and can't be extracted without an external tool, (my own experience with the Plugged Well...http://smallpuzzlecollection.blogspot.s ... -well.html) but so far I have never heard anything of this sort with the Danlock....really great puzzle lock!
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

I emailed Dan yesterday about acquiring one of his Danlocks, this was his reply, "Only DanLock was available for sale in recent years. Unfortunately it is not available now although I intend to sell some in the future. I will put you on the waiting list and will notify you when I have news." So, if anyone wants one they will have to wait a bit. Just an FYI. KIRK
Last edited by Kirk2000 on Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KIRK
Voyager #26
Looking for a BLACK Revo. PM me if you want to sell yours.
EMarx

Post by EMarx »

Dan has produced another run of Model B's and is currently selling them. I don't know if they are all accounted for from his previous waiting list.

If you are still looking for a Danlock, now is a good time to ask.
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

Thanks for the heads up.. I sent him another email..
KIRK
Voyager #26
Kirk2000

Post by Kirk2000 »

FYI.. I just received an email from Dan that the Danlock model B version was available and I was on his waiting list. I don't know if these are available to everyone or just the people on the waiting list. You can email his daughter michal@danlockpuzzle.com who is taking care of the orders, the price is $150 US, to see if any are available for purchase. KIRK
KIRK
Voyager #26
bluedot99

Post by bluedot99 »

Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Emailed her to see. I had emailed Dan a couple of months ago to get added to the waiting list, but he mentioned it was long... I got the sense he was saying I'd have no chance :(

We'll see what she has to say about getting one, was worth a shot at least.
:D BlueGreenBronzeSilver V1/V2TurquoiseAquaGoldRedMintTitaniumSapphireRuby
:? GunmetalCopperOrangeEmerald
On hand - IndigoLimeGreyHandmadeSalmonPeachmini(brass)
Arriving Soon? - Black (Pilot) LiteTeal? ;)
Want - BlackBlack MercPurple... PM me!

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”