Puzzling history prior to Revos

Gdamatov77

Puzzling history prior to Revos

Post by Gdamatov77 »

So I figured we should get to know what each other's histories with puzzles were prior to our entrance into the life that is Revo-World.

As well as what we thought of Revomazes when we were first introduced to them.

I shall start off with,

I was originaally a puzzle lover when i got the rubiks cube a few years back after learning from a friend how to do it. I thought it was hard, so i decided timing myself would be fun. After all that, I realized that i needed a bigger challenge.

I was looking for some website that "is" one big puzzle in a series of 5 "chapters" shall i say. In order to do these puzzles, cause there was like 27 to 35 in a chapter, you needed to understand how to think in such a different manner. It was weird because all the clues were in the website page of the puzzle you were on. The answer to the puzzle, was the end part of the url for the next puzzle.

And you needed previous puzzles in order to move on. If you messed up, you go back to the previous page, and try again, and again, and again.

I cant remember the site name, but i ended up falling upon revomazes while searching for it.

My first intention of revomazes was that they would be easy. Boy was I wrong.
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
stet

Re: Puzzling history prior to Revos

Post by stet »

I started with the Rubik's Cube and variants. I later got into some take apart and dentanglement puzzles. I bought the original Isis when it was sold at Sharper Image. At the time that was the most I had spent on a single puzzle. Following the Isis puzzles lead to the RevoMazes (Chris designed the Isis II).
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
303-Acid

Post by 303-Acid »

Most of my puzzling was when I was a kid. I had a few of Rubik's puzzles: Snake, Cube, Clock and Magic Rings. I've also got a Soma cube and build a wood puzzle in high school. Now the company I work for is in receivership I thought I'd get a Revomaze to fill my time at the office :)
BU00241 OPEN | GR00241 received | BR00241 received | AG00241 received | AU00241 received
R00110 received | OR00241 ordered | LM00241 reserved
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

The very first puzzle that I bought when I first started seriously looking at them was the Cast News by Hanayama, which I loved! After that I stumbled across the Revo site and went straight for the set of three Obsessions. And then a little later on I also went for the Bronze Extreme.

Now my puzzle collection has expanded pretty quickly, and although it isn't particularly big it is quite diverse.

So really Revos were some of the first puzzles that I ever tried. And I can honestly say that no puzzle that I have solved thus far has given me that feeling of satisfaction quite like the Bronze did when I opened it. :D
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”