Which Popplock is your favourite?

Which Popplock is your favourite so far?

T1
15%
T2
15%
T3
46%
T4
23%
T5
No votes
T6
No votes
T7
No votes

Total votes: 13

jerryloo71

Re: Which Popplock is your favourite?

Post by jerryloo71 »

Has anyone tried a Popplock T1, or even seen one??
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

Yes, I know Wil has one, and I tried it briefly, only the first step. I'll have to go back one day to spend more time on it.
Oli pictured one at last years EPP, see his Flickr fotostream, so I guess Peter Hajek also has one.
Paradox

Re:

Post by Paradox »

a-maze-ing wrote:Yes, I know Wil has one, and I tried it briefly, only the first step. I'll have to go back one day to spend more time on it.
Oli pictured one at last years EPP, see his Flickr fotostream, so I guess Peter Hajek also has one.
Yes indeed!

Popplock T1 (Rainer Popp) by Puzzleparadox, on Flickr

I made little to no progress in half an hour or so. It really gives nothing away! I too would love to spend more time with one in the future. Peter offered me the solution booklet but I just had to decline. I really want to solve it myself!
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
allardwza

Re: Re:

Post by allardwza »

Paradox wrote:
a-maze-ing wrote:Yes, I know Wil has one, and I tried it briefly, only the first step. I'll have to go back one day to spend more time on it.
Yes indeed!

I made little to no progress in half an hour or so. It really gives nothing away! I too would love to spend more time with one in the future. Peter offered me the solution booklet but I just had to decline. I really want to solve it myself!
...I think James Dalgety was unable to open his with the instrctions... :twisted:
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Paradox

Re: Re:

Post by Paradox »

allardwza wrote:...I think James Dalgety was unable to open his with the instrctions... :twisted:
Sounds like a good challenge to me! :D
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

From now in T1 is formally my favorite of the series. I solved Wil's copy partially today, but got totally stuck at step 3 after half an hour, I could not even get it back to the initial state. Therefore unfortunately I had to make Wil dig out the solution and I had to use it to proceed. Even with the solution it was hard to accomplish. I had to solve and reassemble it twice to understand why and how I got stuck before...
This is an awesome but complex puzzle, I never saw so many well hidden locks inside a puzzle-lock before,
Major kudo's to anyone solving this by themselves.
TheJuggler

Re:

Post by TheJuggler »

a-maze-ing wrote:From now in T1 is formally my favorite of the series. I solved Wil's copy partially today, but got totally stuck at step 3 after half an hour, I could not even get it back to the initial state. Therefore unfortunately I had to make Wil dig out the solution and I had to use it to proceed. Even with the solution it was hard to accomplish. I had to solve and reassemble it twice to understand why and how I got stuck before...
This is an awesome but complex puzzle, I never saw so many well hidden locks inside a puzzle-lock before,
Major kudo's to anyone solving this by themselves.
I'd love to have a shot at it ... but if your progress is any indication, this is one tough puzzle!
open open open open open open open

http://puzzling-parts.thejuggler.net/

Return to “Other Puzzles of Interest”