World - Australia

An area for geographical discussions
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Re: World - Australia

Post by bluesign2k »

ezamover wrote:Oh.. and will I be allowed in the Open sections if I receive an unmade CE ?
Probably not .. but that is of no interest to me either.
Yeh, as long as you can provide a pic of a properly opened puzzle then that's fine. Really its just to disqualify people from cheating as most people won't go to the lengths of buying two sets just so they can hack one set to see how it works :)
ezamover wrote:Yes I he was .. but not because he opened it that way but because he was not honest about how he did it .....
Indeed, and for whatever reason he also decided to share the image of the core with others. There was actually a little more to it than that too... but yeh, he wasn't really acting within the spirit of "the game".
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

bluesign2k wrote:Indeed, and for whatever reason he also decided to share the image of the core with others. There was actually a little more to it than that too... but yeh, he wasn't really acting within the spirit of "the game".
Oh I didn't know that he shared the core ...
That's not right and rightly deserved a ban.

I showed Chris the core and the hack sawed bits .... :)

But yes ... very silly boy and NOT cricket old chap.

The thing is though ... they will get out there eventually ..
My prediction is that once the competition is over they will be all over the net and youtube.

Watch this space.
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

ezamover wrote:The thing is though ... they will get out there eventually ..
My prediction is that once the competition is over they will be all over the net and youtube.
This is always a real possibility. We've been lucky, but I think that the vast majority of Revomazers care enough about keeping the maps a secret that nobody has (willingly) done this as yet. I think most of us realise that there's just as much enjoyment to be had in the process of mapping out the puzzles than the actual solving.

Anyway... enough wandering off topic for me for today :P :lol:
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

:D
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Personally I think a lot of the fun comes from watching others suffer with them after you've solved them yourself. :D
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

Cruel .. but true ....
Though, I do like to give my kids a little clue here and there with my cast "common as muck" puzzles .. trick bolts etc.
You do have to encourage the little un's
maztec

Post by maztec »

Ahem, and now we return you to your regularly scheduled Australians.
OOOOOOOoo
Ymir

Post by Ymir »

Well i broke mine by leaving it on the top of a rocker recliner chair. It slipped off backward, bent the pin and was very tough to operate.

I was in a dark place at the time after being frustrated at work , working too hard, and .....well add a lot of stupidity with that. I did what any unhinged person would do to an expensive toy. I got the stilsons out to see if i could loosen it up.

Needless to say that didnt work. I senti it back and,god bless him, chris repaired it and sent it back to me.

The damage was so servere that he had to replace the core. My blue serial looks a little different but works as good as the day i got it back.

Always be gratefull for that.

ymir
Ymir

Post by Ymir »

ezamover wrote:
bluesign2k wrote:Wow! What attracts you to these puzzles? Is it just the look of them and the engineering aspect?
Yes both and most importantly, the inventive step ... I hold a patent too and appreciate a good "novel step".
bluesign2k wrote:Clearly it's not down to the thrill of puzzling if you're happy to brute force them open like that :shock:
Wrong .. completely wrong. I am VERY interested in the puzzle aspect.
Just because you chop one up because you broke it does not make the argument above valid.
Though it is true that not many puzzles interest me much. Sorry I am not a puzzleaholic like some here.

bluesign2k wrote:It's been discussed a few time before that they're tricky to open with tools... even US/Canadian customs (I don't remember which) didn't manage it with tools and just sent it back to Chris with drill and cut marks all over it :lol:
According to Chris it was British customs and also according to him I am not the first :shock: :shock:

As I have stated before on this forum (and to Chris).. I am not interested in the competition.

I will open mine according to the approved methods and submit the required evidence, in my own good time...(probably years at my pace).

Until then .. should I feel like attacking one ... I will :D

I had a faulty isis. The glue problem. The only thing that saved it from the workshop hacksaw was the cheat. After peeling the cover off,removing the glue and repairing it. It worked fine. Only wish other companies had the same QA as ashton pitt.

i would call myself s casual puzzler too :D
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

Ymir wrote: I was in a dark place at the time after being frustrated at work , working too hard, and .....well add a lot of stupidity with that. I did what any unhinged person would do to an expensive toy. I got the stilsons out to see if i could loosen it up.
ymir
Another rough b*****d after my own heart.

Return to “World”