Titanium & CE Discussion

General Questions.
ReVoRabbit

Re: Titanium & CE Discussion

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Just my own opinion here loosely based on any facts, but i think packaging is kind of a back burner item. the current mini-box, i assume, is all that Chris has. once these final gold parts get done chris can focus on CE (and other) packaging. I think he mentioned that the CE set picture was an early idea, but nothing has really been planned or solidified.

Either way, I expect it to change before gold is solved.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

Yes it's probably the least thing to worry about at the moment ....
No matter what gets the final design tick it probably won't suit everyone.

I might be just better off going to a local picture framer or cabinet maker.

Ideally I would like them to be mounted on the wall .. but would like the opportunity to be able to open up what ever they were in and be able to take them out from time to time.

Half the fun of these things for me is the tactile feedback and running my hands over them feeling there weight etc ..
mazeking

Post by mazeking »

Does anybody know if the CE will have the map and key inside of it. If we opt for them to be assembled by chris if he does that for us. I know CE does not count for the competition. Also what are the bonus points for? New to this whole things forgive my ignorant questions. I stumbled on to this at the isis forum and am now really intriqued! I am seriously considering ordering CE is it a long wait to get these puzzles or do they ship immediately? Thanks for the help.
CE: Arrived
R2 Voyager Club
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

The CE set can be ordered pre-assembled you just have to contact Revo HQ requesting so once you have placed your order.

The bonus points can be redeemed for a discount voucher on the shop site.

I have talked with Chris and maps of the maze on each shaft will provided and the algorithm for the gold etc and sealed in envelopes and clearly marked.

However whether or not anything pertaining to the competition will be included (as the set does not count towards it) i am not sure.

As for how long the CE set will take to arrive its very hard to say. I ordered mine back in march 2011 and still havent received it (but i knew it would be a long wait as it stated at the time that the sets would not be shipped until the competition is finished which is still the case), however the last 4/5 months have been very productive ( not saying they havent been working hard all year rounds its just only visible results have been happening the the past few months) with new puzzles being released and several batches of the gold being shipped, however not all the individual golds have been finished (still waiting on plating i believe) but i think Chris is doing everything he can to get them out before the end of this month, and with how things are progressing at revo HQ i would speculate that the CE sets will be ready for delivery in the next couple of months provided that the competition gets finished.
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
Lans

Post by Lans »

Hi All,

Having ordered my CE set quite a while ago, im still unsure wether
to have them made up or not ?

Having only got a blue and black obsession v1 ,
im definately not just getting them for display purpose.
Just unsure if they will be a nightmare to put together ?
I can happily take apart the blue and put it back together.
Reading through other posts on say the silver and gold, people seem to
be a bit cautious about these ?
Have the bronze,silver and gold got more parts to them?
(maybe you cannot mention this on this forum as may give away some clues?) :?
any advice would be helpful !
cheers
oh i appreciate shaft maze maps will be provided, i wouldnt use the blue or the titanium in the set as i have the bluev1 already and would use the HM titanium............................
allardwza

Post by allardwza »

Lans - you will not be able to assemble the later puzzles without getting HUGE clues on how to solve them... (it will spoil them for you, in all senses of that word) if you're after the puzzle-solving side of things - ask for them to be assembled....

allard
Amateur Puzzle Hoarder and occasional blogger
Lans

Post by Lans »

Cheers allard,

Think I will get them assembled then!

It will keep me out of the pub for quite a while, whilst solving the green, bronze, silver, gold and titanium ! :shock:

Looks like im gonna be a teatotaller for 2012 !!!

The CE set will pay for itself all the money i will save !!!

only problem is my fingers will drop off and i will have no friends........ :lol:
Will

Post by Will »

So... Am I right in thinking that if you ask your CE set to be sent to you made up, you would receive them before the competition begins (maybe have the maps separately shipped, after the contest) ?
LM #21: Opened
IN #21: Opened
GM #21: Opened
BR #21: Opened
OR #151: Opened
Ti SE 21-50: Opened
BU #808: Opened
CU #21: Twisting and turning
AU #21: Waiting
Naz737

Post by Naz737 »

What did the official difficulty of the Ti end up being?
R2 Voyager 073, O: Mercury
R1, O: BU, GR, BR, AG, AU, Series Code, PU,
R1 Obs, O: BU Obs, BU Obs Pro, GR Obs, BL Obs V1, BL Obs V2, R Obs,
R1 Limited, O: BL, HM, R, OR, LM, TI, GM, Mini, CU
Paid: Eris, Makemake, Venus, Earth
Chyron

Post by Chyron »

So I guess this thread is basically the CE Discussion forum. I guess I have two questions. I ordered the CE Set like a year ago or so. Obviously not one of the oldest orders around, but I've seen a few people with your fancy signatures that have Ti as "open" ? If they only came with the CE, and as far as I can tell, the CE is still not shipped out yet, are these people lying? o_O

Second... Looking at the recently updated photos on the webpage, The cores look like they might be solid, and not hollow like the standard V1 set. Is that how those are crafted? I kind of like the cylinder inside of a clyinder inside of a cylinder of the classics...
Chyron wrote:Sometimes I get the feeling that someone goes around hiding old Puzzles in RevoHQ.

Return to “Titanium General”