Titanium & CE Discussion

General Questions.
ReVoRabbit

Re: Have you received your Gold (AU) yet?

Post by ReVoRabbit »

im not sure why someone would buy a COLLECTORS EDITION and treat it like a PUZZLERS EDITION.

Its for collection, displaying, not puzzling.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Gdamatov77

Post by Gdamatov77 »

im gonna see if i can get the series puzzles nickel and the TI gold, but i will only keep it for display, never to try
31s - 08/06/10 OPEN - 10/01/10 Boxed Boxed
BU01055 - 01/22/11
BR00127 - 07/26/19: ~20-30 Hours
AG - Boxed: Progress - 4 hours
AU - N/A
OR - Boxed: Progress - 1 hour
mhuti

Post by mhuti »

To ReVoRabbit;
Why would someone buy the collectors set to use/solve?
Simple... any serious puzzler would want all of the puzzles available to solve... agreed? Since the Titanium is only available in the Collectors set the most obvious route to all of the puzzles (for a new ReVo'er) is the Collectors Set. Although I must admit waiting for the set is going to try my patience.
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

There will be a plastic version of the titanium puzzle made, but it is unclear if it will be put on general sale or only with the collectors set. Questions should be directed to Emma (Fred) :)
More information can be found here
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

mhuti wrote:any serious puzzler would want all of the puzzles available to solve... agreed? Since the Titanium is only available in the Collectors set the most obvious route to all of the puzzles is the Collectors Set. Although I must admit waiting for the set is going to try my patience.
mattangel's point clarifies part of my reasoning. also when we recieve the CE, the TiX will be completely dissasembled removing the solving from the equations. that is unless chris releases the TiO ahead of time. in which case, you've already solved it and again, no need to add wear to you CE.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Mhuti that was my original plan, but I'm not sticking to it too well :lol:

Rabbit, anyone who enjoys Revo mazes enough to buy the CE should have enough willpower not to look at the Ti shaft before they solve it, or else they are just robbing themselves.

And the Message Board clearly says Ti is only available as part of the CE "- Titanium......Pre-Order
* (Collectors Ed ONLY)". Would be very disappointing if it was released outside of it. :?
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

Stigy wrote:...And the CE page clearly says Ti is only available as part of the CE. Would be very disappointing if it was released outside of it. :?
This is quite true. From the site:
special Limited Edition Titanium - only available in the collectors series
I'd like to think this applied to both extreme and obsession.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

Stigy wrote:Mhuti that was my original plan, but I'm not sticking to it too well :lol:

Rabbit, anyone who enjoys Revo mazes enough to buy the CE should have enough willpower not to look at the Ti shaft before they solve it, or else they are just robbing themselves.

And the Message Board clearly says Ti is only available as part of the CE "- Titanium......Pre-Order
* (Collectors Ed ONLY)". Would be very disappointing if it was released outside of it. :?
On occasion, it is difficult to assemble a puzzle without ruining the experience of opening it for you. Those that have opened the silver will understand. Assembling isn't as straight forward as putting two pins into the shaft. There is much, much more that would ruin all of the surprises. It's human nature to peek and remember what you've seen...unless you're me and constantly misplacing something.

As this has skewed way off topic, perhaps it would be best to create a CE thread?
mhuti

Post by mhuti »

I have asked Chris to supply my Colectors Set built and he has kindly agreed to this. I suggest that if you want this as an option then you need to contact Chris. I was also assuming that the Titanium Obsession was only available with the collectors set, but maybe that is wrong. I'm sure I have read that the puzzle will be rated (85) perhaps someone else who knows more about the Titanium would like to fill in the gaps... :idea:
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

I think a CE section sounds good :)

Return to “Titanium General”