Titanium & CE Discussion

General Questions.
RichAE91

Re: Titanium & CE Discussion

Post by RichAE91 »

bluesign2k wrote:If you want to start a revo sharing scheme / library then I suggest starting a new topic in "General". If you intend to share other non-revo relate puzzles then it probably belongs in "Other Puzzles of Interest". I think a topic should suffice for now, if its popular we can look at creating a forum as Matt suggested.
Ive started a topic specifically for my Ti Ex in the Ti forums should it be moved to general and as a general topic for sharing?
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
maztec

Post by maztec »

RichAE91 wrote:
bluesign2k wrote:If you want to start a revo sharing scheme / library then I suggest starting a new topic in "General". If you intend to share other non-revo relate puzzles then it probably belongs in "Other Puzzles of Interest". I think a topic should suffice for now, if its popular we can look at creating a forum as Matt suggested.
Ive started a topic specifically for my Ti Ex in the Ti forums should it be moved to general and as a general topic for sharing?
I think it is fine to leave it there, as it is Ti related. General share would belong in the General share forums as suggested.
OOOOOOOoo
Marmot Man

Post by Marmot Man »

smiteo wrote:Out of curiosity, how many CE buyers would have bought the set if Titanium wasn't included?
I would have.

I'm arriving very late to the Revomaze party - at least for the Extreme V1 puzzles - having discovered them about a month ago, and having owned and solved one (the Blue) only within the last two weeks. Absolutely LOVE the thing though. Originally I was planning on buying the Green, Bronze, and Silver one at a time as I solved each. But then I realized this was probably my one and only chance to get my hands on a Gold too.

So after a couple emails exchanged with Chris, I put my order in for a nickel plated CE set.

Don't get me wrong. I'm thrilled to be getting a Titanium - two, actually, as I understand it (one unplated, one plated). More puzzles is always better. :) But my real motivation was having the opportunity to someday have a crack at the Gold. And as such, I definitely would have bought the CE set without the Titanium.
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

My thinking too Marmot Man..... As a fellow latecomer I could never see myself getting a gold or a Ti any other way.

Personally .. I don't think the Ti's are going to be that hard to get anyway.
I think the unplated ones will probably be sold on, much like the reds and oranges.

In fact ... since I will be getting 2 unplated I can't see myself hanging on to both of them.

Having said that ... I probably won't be selling them ... I am guessing a lot of my mates will be wanting revo's after they see my complete set !
Especially if I give them a quick glimpse of my unmade gold plated set. They will get first dib's

However .. there is probably one member on this board who I would sell one too .... mainly because he is obviously so passionate about revos in general, and I can also see he is desperate to get his hands on one but can't afford it.

Watch this space Mr Desperate .... xmas might come early ! ;)
Please don't PM me asking who He is....
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

well when i ordered the ce set almost a year i ago i think the gold was still available for preorder so if the ce set didnt include the Ti ex i wouldnt have ordered it unless the price was around £500. As my reasoning for buying it was it has all the main series puzzles and the Ti ex which wont be available out of it and the extra £160 that the ce set cost (as oppossed to buying the 5 main puzzles individually) was for the Ti Ex and the extra little bits so i figured it was worth going for!
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
Marmot Man

Post by Marmot Man »

Sure. I understand, of course, that the cost/benefit calculation is different for someone who already has a large collection of Revomazes. In that case, the Titanium is clearly the big draw. It makes good business sense for Chris to include an exclusive puzzle in the CE set in order to increase the interest level.

Certainly one might have expected the price on the set to be a bit lower had the Ti not been included. I calculate my cost (minus VAT and plus shipping) at around $135-$160 (US) per puzzle depending on whether you consider the extra Ti as an extra puzzle or not. That is right in the range that I would have paid for one puzzle + individual shipping had I bought them individually. And when I factor in the intangible benefit of having access to a Gold and Ti that I wouldn't have otherwise, its pretty much a no-brainer for me. Given, of course, sufficient assets to cover the upfront cost. Which obviously isn't always the case for everyone.

Just my $0.02 - don't know what the UK equivalent is :) - not trying to convince anyone else whether or not the set is worth the price to them.
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

I'm thinking of selling my Matching numbered set and ordering the CE!
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
ezamover

Post by ezamover »

03SVTCobra wrote:I'm thinking of selling my Matching numbered set and ordering the CE!
Don't forget the 600 bonus points when doing your calculations.
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

I'm not really concerned with bonus points as much as I am with having a matching set and getting a hold of titanium. Part of what is stopping me is that my current set was a gift from my girl and it was also Chris's sons set.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

think about it this way if you want... do you really want someone elses old set when you could have a nice new shiny one of your own? besides, the gift from your girlfriend wasnt really the specific puzzles, it was the adventure. ask her, i figure that she'd prefer you enjoy your adventure rather than hold on to a particular set of puzzles.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes