Can anyone help make a better CE display case/stand?

General Questions.
stet

Can anyone help make a better CE display case/stand?

Post by stet »

As I noted in some previous discussions I am not happy with the display case that is included with the CE sets. It is a great case for 6 assembled puzzles, but for those of us who ordered our CE sets disassembled with the intention of keeping and displaying them this way these cases just do not work for us.

When the CE sets were first sold the prototype case that was shown had separate areas for the cores and sleeves with the cutouts for the sleeves shaped in such a way that a fully assembled puzzle could be placed in the same cutout.
Revomaze_Extreme_Collectors_Edition.jpg
Revomaze_Extreme_Collectors_Edition.jpg (36.38 KiB) Viewed 12059 times
When pictures of the new case showed up (and the old one disappeared from the site) I emailed Chris and Joseph about my concerns. I asked if any of the prototype cases were actually made and if they could provide any information on it with the intention of possibly having one made myself if possible. Joseph responded but didn't give any details at all on the older pictured prototype cases and instead send me the follow CAD rendering of a CE display stand (this is 1 of 4 images he sent, all pretty much the same):
R1_CE_Stand_01d.JPG
R1_CE_Stand_01d.JPG (46.01 KiB) Viewed 12059 times
While this isn't the exact solution I was looking for (I really liked the original cases as they can be used to both display and store the CE sets) I did like this idea. However after Joseph left I asked Sophie about these stands and she replied that she didn't know anything about them.

The current cases come in sizes for 3, 6, and 9 puzzles. Of particular interest for an idea that I have is the 9 puzzle case:
Case Large Detail.jpg
Case Large Detail.jpg (103.69 KiB) Viewed 12059 times
What I had originally wondered is if new inserts could be made for this larger case which would allow us to store the disassembled cores and sleeves, 2 per row. Now that I have the 6 puzzle case that came with my CE set I arranged a couple of cores and sleeves in a way that I think would work:
an idea.jpg
an idea.jpg (145.64 KiB) Viewed 12059 times
Unfortunately I don't know what to do next. Does anyone know who actually makes these cases? How could I go about having a new insert designed and made? Or does anyone have any better ideas?

I know that a few people here are very handy with this kind of thing (much more so than I am) but I'm willing to help out in whatever way I can to making these CE sets truly special. Of course if would also be great if whatever we came up with had the full blessing of Chris to make it an "official" RevoMaze CE set product (a distinction important to some collectors).
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
CzMeteo

Re: Can anyone help make a better CE display case/stand?

Post by CzMeteo »

In regard to the foam cut outs for the cases currently offered; I know you can order the foam online and you can custom cut slots for each puzzle in core. It is more of a DIY project than anything else.
I really like that display stand as it allows the cores and sleeves to be fully visible. I think that is way better than anything else shown.
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

I really like the delivered case because it looks great, the prototype didn't.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
noshaq

Post by noshaq »

I agree that the foam cut outs in the prototype is better, but the exterior looks pretty aweful. So overall i think the finished product is good. :)
Last edited by noshaq on Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CE-set #12
CE012BU -> Open | CE012GR -> Open | CE012BR -> Open | CE012AG -> In hand
OR00212 -> In hand | LM00212 -> Closed
pcad

Post by pcad »

It'll be tight to display 6 sleeves and 6 cores in the current 6 puzzle box. The 9 puzzle box has plenty of room and just needs different foam. That should be easy to do by the people that make the current foam pieces.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Mark76

Post by Mark76 »

Probably not quite what your looking for? Just an idea.
Collectors Edition Stand Pic1a.jpg
Collectors Edition Stand Pic2a.jpg
Collectors Edition Stand Pic4.jpg
Collectors Edition Stand Pic3a.jpg
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

WOW! :o Just an idea.... that's awesome. Could I have one with a carry handle? ;)
BBloke

Pro Level 3 - BLopen | BL #1580 open
Open #100: AQ | BL | GR | BR | AG | GU | TI | OR | CU | IN | LI | MN
Closed: AU | GY | SA
Ordered: RU
R2 Voyager #100: Mercury 1st Batch (open) | Venus pre-ordered
CzMeteo

Post by CzMeteo »

Want. Naow

That is an amazing concept. Maybe a little more spacing for room to grab them and possibly have an option to stick them together.
Dorothea

Post by Dorothea »

this is my way of displaying CE
Attachments
cerevo.JPG
cerevo.JPG (56.05 KiB) Viewed 11675 times
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite

Return to “Titanium General”