Titanium difficulty rating?

General Questions.
noshaq

Titanium difficulty rating?

Post by noshaq »

Did the Titanium get an official difficulty rating? If not, can those of you who solved it compare it to some other revos in regards as to how difficult it is to solve?
Finally, is the Ti-CE and Ti-SE the same maze?

CE-set #12
CE012BU -> Open | CE012GR -> Open | CE012BR -> Open | CE012AG -> In hand
OR00212 -> In hand | LM00212 -> Closed
pcad

Re: Titanium difficulty rating?

Post by pcad »

I've forgotten the old difficulty ratings. Blue was 50, Gold was 100, I think the HandMade was125. I looked on the Revomaze website and they no longer refer to the 0-100 difficulty scale. It was quite subjective anyway.

Assuming the Green was 60, I'd rank it higher. Perhaps 65 - 70. I think it would be about the same difficulty as the black v1 and v2 and the Red. The Silver, Gold, HandMade and Lime are in a much harder category. I think most would rank the Bronze and Orange as harder than the Titanium also.

That being said, some opened the Ti within a day, while others like myself took months to open it, YMMV.

The Ti-CE and the Ti-SE are the exact same design. The only difference is the plating, quality of the finish and the sleeve color. There's an assumption that a collector would not want the wear and tear of normal use on the pristine finish of the CE cores. While the other designs had been available separately, that wasn't true with the Ti.

Initially a plastic Ti Obsession was to be included with the CE set so the owner could enjoy solving the Ti without marring the finish of the Ti -CE. This evolved from plastic to an unfinished/unplated Ti-SE. The sleeve is aluminum without any colored anodizing and the core is unplated brass. The Ti-CE will have either nickel or gold plating on the core and a grey anodized sleeve.

A number of people bought the nickel plated version as a way of conveniently buying all five mazes. They planned to solve them and they wanted them delivered assembled so the puzzling experience wasnt spoiled and looked at the Ti as a bonus, which it was. Others bought the CE set as it was originally meant, as a pristine set of unassembled puzzles for display. Some even bought 2 sets, one nickel plated for puzzling and one gold plated for display. Or maybe both for display, who knows.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
noshaq

Post by noshaq »

Thanks for the awesome answer!

CE-set #12
CE012BU -> Open | CE012GR -> Open | CE012BR -> Open | CE012AG -> In hand
OR00212 -> In hand | LM00212 -> Closed
kathi

Post by kathi »

Bought the Gold version. Makes them a bit different and if I'm spending that much already, why not go the extra yard.
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

So... had my titanium a while now and thought it was time to break it in. Been mapping for just over an hour now and have to say it seems quite easy. Ive mapped over 75% of the map already and have not come across any 'tricks' yet. I do however have an unmapped area close to the start which I have mapped all the way around, so it would appear to not have any relevance as there is no path that could go anywhere in there. I highly doubt that this 'space' would be left unused though, so maybe that is a 'trick' in itself. I vaguely remember someone mentioning a resemblance to the v8 engine in this puzzle. I think I have just navigated round this area, not too difficult as I knew what was there. So carefully does it and I got round.
Liking it so far though, looking forward to finding the tricky parts ;)
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
Orko

Post by Orko »

We all were on this point. :lol: :twisted:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
robbaylis79

Post by robbaylis79 »

Ive got most of the way now, but became lazy and stopped mapping. Probably in the place that I most need the map, as it seems to go around areas ive already mapped :lol:
black obs v1
Blue Ob v2 = Opened
Bronze Ex = Opened
Orange Ex = Opened
Silver Ex = Opened 35-40 hours
Lime = In preparation...
Titanium = Opened 6/7 hours (Loved that final run)
Copper = On its way...
rodrigue10

Post by rodrigue10 »

Once you figure out the trick you will be kicking yourself that it took so long. :D
Orko

Post by Orko »

Yep, i walked 4,5 hours in circles untill the right idea came up. :lol:
BUBUproGRTI SERBRORAGLMCUPU★BL★BLV2★BM★AUAQINGMHM★mini★MTHMMTSLTQ
Voyager #55☆☿☆♀☆ErisMakemake

Extreme,Devil,Deep blue,Aurum,Purple Haze,Eagle-Isis,Tessarisis,Kuku,NKryptor5% Ramisis G1,Devil Ramisis,,Coppernisis,Devil Tarka1%
AFKAN

Post by AFKAN »

robbaylis79 wrote:Ive got most of the way now, but became lazy and stopped mapping. Probably in the place that I most need the map, as it seems to go around areas ive already mapped :lol:

Yep much the same as you except I only usually mental map :shock:

Been going round and round the same areas for weeks trying different things, still haven't found the "trick" though :(
Graham:-)
Ex
AG00078 - 22-03-11
R00104 - 06-01-12
OR00053 -20-01-12
LM - Hmm
TI00032 - Let's Go!!!...
Ob
Blue - 09-10-10
Blue Pro - 09-12-11
Green - 03-11-10
Black - 12-11-10