Titanium Obsession, alive or dead ?

General Questions.
pcad

Titanium Obsession, alive or dead ?

Post by pcad »

Now that it seems that the CE sets are becoming a reality, a though crossed my mind. Yes, yes, I know, a rather rare event. I wonder if Chris will be making any Ti Obsessions ?

The original plan was to include a plastic Ti along with the pristine collectors puzzles so the owner could solve the plastic version and keep the metal version in its new condition without the wear marks and scratches that occur with use. Certainly a nice bonus for buying the set in mint condition.

After painfully long delays, Chris decides that for those that ordered and paid for their sets a long time ago, they deserved some special thank you for being patient. He announces that an unplated, metal Ti SE puzzle will replace the plastic version of the Ti for those that ordered their sets before a certain date. These were shipped early since the Ti isn't part of the now defunct competition. It seems that a maximum of 50 Ti SE could possibly be made according to the xx/50 numbering system used for the Ti SE. This falls way short of the 250 CE set originally envisioned.

Since Chris said that the only people to receive the Ti SE would be those that ordered the set prior to a particular date. What do those ordering the CE set after that date receive ? I had assumed that they would get a Ti Obsession for the same reasons it was included in the earlier sets, to allow the owner to solve the puzzle without marring the metal version. Does anyone know if this is still the case ?

I no longer see mention of the Ti Obsession (or the SE) in the description, but I do see a free bonus Obsession set for anyone ordering a CE set. Is it possible that the Ti Obsession has been canceled ? If so, what will these owners use in its place ? One possibility is that they will get the metal SE version which is sort of what he said he wouldn't do. The other is that a plastic version is still planned. The worst would be no playable Ti version.

Let's say SE's for all. Hmm.. That would imply that no more than 50 sets are expected to be sold. That would explain why the owners list is pretty sparse for the Ti SE. It may also mean that there haven't been enough orders since the cut off date to make it worthwhile making anther version of the Ti.

Personally I think it would be fine to include a Ti SE with all the CE sets. Just wondering, that's all. Curious to see which way it goes.
Last edited by pcad on Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter

Gunmetal Unopened
Aqua,Turquoise Opened
Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Purple Opened
Black V1 + V2, Orange, Red, Titanium, Lime Opened
HandMade Prototypes too scary to reassemble
Gold CE set in Clear Sleeves
Dorothea

Re: Titanium Obsession, alive or dead ?

Post by Dorothea »

I believe that everyone who ordered their CE when it was posted there will be a playable version have got one.
Who orderes now gets what is announced.
BUGRBRAGAUTIPUORLMRBL1BL2GMCUAQINMTTQSAGY
waiting: lite
stet

Post by stet »

I swear that I had posted a response to this earlier today but it has disappeared. Did I say something wrong?
Needs to be updated!
SE #05:
BU Solved GR Solved BR Solved AG(V1) Not Solved AG(V2) Solved AU Won't Be Solved TI Missed
LE #05:
BL Solved RD Solved OR Not Solved HM Not Solved LI Ordered
Gold Plated CE #05:
BU Ordered GR Ordered BR Ordered AG Ordered AU Ordered TI Ordered
Bidle

Post by Bidle »

stet wrote:I swear that I had posted a response to this earlier today but it has disappeared. Did I say something wrong?
You don't have to swear it, I can confirm you made a post as I read it.
a-maze-ing

Post by a-maze-ing »

When posts are moderated, moderators should (and mostly do) either edit a post and mention the reason, or inform the poster about a removal via PM.
Sorry if that did not happen this time.
Revoguy should be able to explain to Stet why the post was removed.

Return to “Titanium General”