Titanium For Borrowing

General Questions.
RichAE91

Titanium For Borrowing

Post by RichAE91 »

Hi I have purchased the CE set so when it is released (after the golds have been opened) I will have Two Titanium Extremes (one Plated, one un-plated), and I know that many people on the forum are unhappy about the Ti being restricted to only the CE sets and that Chris will more than likely not change his mind about that fact.

I'm not a big fan of limited edition as that means many puzzlers tend to miss out on great puzzles which is why I am happy to loan my un-plated Ti Ex to members of the forum under the following conditions (which are subject to change):

1.) I must solve my puzzle before I loan it to anyone.
2.) The cost of postage is covered by you the borrower.
3.) All postage must be sent as signed for.
4.) In the event of losing the puzzle cost of a full CE set will be the cost of compensation.
5.) Any damage to the puzzle will be repaired at your cost by the revomaze repair service.
6.) If you have not solved the puzzle after having it in your possession for 30 days and someone else is waiting to borrow it you must return the Ti and be added to the bottom of the list to get another 30 days to try and solve it (number of days is subject to change depending on difficulty)
7.) A Deposit of £160 is for collateral for any damage to the Ti.
8.) You must be active on the forum for ≈6 months prior to having the puzzle posted to you.
9.) Postage must be to a residential address.
10.) Sufficient contact info must be provided (i.e. Contact number/s & Email).
11.) Late fees will be incurred if the Ti isn't posted back within 30 days (doesn't have to be received within 30 days sufficient proof of postage will suffice) at a rate of £10 per week?

I feel these are fair conditions but if you disagree we can discuss the condition in question.

If anyone thinks I have missed anything conditions that you feel SHOULD be listed please bring it up.

Other than that anyone interested in borrowing the Ti Ex when it is released please reply in thread and I will start a list (1st come 1st served basis, but done in two runs UK+EU and US+Canada).

Borrowing list

US+Canada:

1.) 03SVTCobra
2.) maztec
3.) mattangel
4.) cornettracing
Last edited by RichAE91 on Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 9 times in total.
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
mattangel

Re: Titanium For Borrowing

Post by mattangel »

*Cough* I'd love to borrow it, *lose* it and refund you the "average price of a revo" :lol:

Really, the replacement cost of a piece unique to the set is the set price. If people aren't willing to pay that price then they shouldn't ask to borrow it.

That being said, please put me down on your list :D
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

mattangel wrote:*Cough* I'd love to borrow it, *lose* it and refund you the "average price of a revo" :lol:

Really, the replacement cost of a piece unique to the set is the set price. If you're not willing to pay that price then don't borrow it.
well i figure that the un-plated version wouldnt be to big a loss but maybe the compensation should be the cost of the set - cost of main series puzzles

£650 - (£85 + £85 + £90 + £110 + £120) = £160

as i dont feel £650 compensation would be totally fair as they could just purcahse a ce set replace the lost Ti and sell everything else on ebay.
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
maztec

Post by maztec »

I have to agree with Matt on this one. Cost of a set, or a replacement set, or talking Chris in to creating a replacement and sending it to you and paying him for it. Whatever it takes to get a MATCHING Ti in a set in your hands.

And put me on the list too.
OOOOOOOoo
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Id be interested
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

RichAE91 wrote:
mattangel wrote:*Cough* I'd love to borrow it, *lose* it and refund you the "average price of a revo" :lol:

Really, the replacement cost of a piece unique to the set is the set price. If you're not willing to pay that price then don't borrow it.
well i figure that the un-plated version wouldnt be to big a loss but maybe the compensation should be the cost of the set - cost of main series puzzles

£650 - (£85 + £85 + £90 + £110 + £120) = £160

as i dont feel £650 compensation would be totally fair as they could just purcahse a ce set replace the lost Ti and sell everything else on ebay.
buying a set an having 1 missing puzzle is not good as a set, so i'd agree that the replacement should be that of a new CE. having a replacement puzzle if it does get lost would be nice, however because the puzzle is lost and not dematerialized, your replacement puzzle wont have the same number. which kind of makes is sold separately, which is exactly what many revo'ers are asking for. so chances are that if your ti gets lost, the only way to replace it is to purchase a new CE.

I'd also recommend some sort of deposit. even if its just the 160 GBP that the Ti is "worth". one could send payment for shipping from you to them via pay pal, then the deposit. when the puzzle returns to you, since its within the 30 days, you can refund them the deposit. no fees incurred.

i'd also implement a forum rule. like you must have at least 100 posts and be active over the last 6 months. or have at least have a residential delivery address & phone number and have another member with driving distance. i'd hate to see anyone disappear off the forum, ya know.

i also agree with the 30 day rule. even the silver, 30 days at a time would still be good. although, for those not good with keeping up with shipping, should a penalty be included? a penalty would put a little coin in your pocket to ask chris to refurbish your puzzle if needed once everyone has had a go at your ti.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

I would say thats nearly everything covered. I do not want to borrow the Ti, so don't add me to the list :P

Anyway, If the puzzle is lost, it needs replacing. That would need a new CE to be brought, or if wanted by the owner, the money (£160ish).
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
cornettracing80

Post by cornettracing80 »

what a great offer.
please contact me when its my turn!.....
The hardest part of a Revomaze is putting it down
BU00080-Solved
GR00080-Solved
BR00080-Solved
AG00080 V1-Solved 1st ever
AU00080-IN PROGRESS
R00080-Solved
Revomaze Obsessions Solved
Blue
Green
Red
Black
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

I would suggest that rather than doing it in a solely first-come-first-served order you should take into the account the location of each person wanting to borrow it.

For example; it would be better to allow the puzzle to do the rounds in the US in one go, rather than making borrowers ship it to and fro for quite a considerable cost.
Puzzle Paradox on Facebook
Puzzle Paradox Blog

BluOb: Open (30/10/10) GrOb: Open (01/11/10)
BlOb: Open (04/11/10) ROb: ...
BluEx: Open (27/01/11) BrEx: Open (09/02/11)
REx: Open (17/04/11) OrEx: Open (20/07/12)
CuEx: In progress
Revo Mini: Open (05/07/13)
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

Was thinking of that earlier. But if it gets damaged somehow there needs to be a way to see who was lasted to touch it etc. Maybe photos of each side of the sleeve ect?
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived

Return to “Titanium General”