Titanium For Borrowing

General Questions.
mattangel

Re: Titanium For Borrowing

Post by mattangel »

With all due respect, the decision of a private party to lend out their puzzles is none of Chris' business, regardless of whether the practice upsets him or not. This, however, is probably a moot point given Chris' reputation as a nice guy. Furthermore, he has aided in this practice by upgrading the practice TiX to be made of a more durable material suitable for multiple rounds of solving.

He probably doesn't even make that much off of the metal puzzles compared to obsession sales, and I would even wager that he has lost a fair bit on several of the metals in an effort to ensure the highest quality. About 150 of the Silvers had to be remade--plating issues with the Red that also required new cores--and we can all imagine the capital that has been invested into the Gold production. All of these replacement puzzles were offered to everyone free of charge. Even if he marks the products up 100% over manufacturing value (design hours, machine costs/labor, material, assembly and testing hours), I'm sure the final product to us is worth far more than the 90 pounds that we've chipped in.

While this is certainly a business for Chris, the extremes are probably more of a passion, and I'm sure he would like nothing more than for us to lend out our puzzles.

Matt's 2 cents...
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

We need to really find out. I would be intrested to know what kind of money Revo are making.
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

and that is probably none of OUR business :D :D Truth be told, he could probably sell the metals for way more and we'd all buy them.

Although I have seen some figures online
maztec

Post by maztec »

If Chris wants to tell us his profit margins, he will do so. If Chris wants us to not share our puzzles on these forums, he will tell us.

However, pestering him about things like that, which are none of our business until told otherwise, is just rude.
OOOOOOOoo
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

Agreed. Either way I am sure revo is making money anyway. Got to think of how many people buy them, the fact chris gets his wage, and can pay someone else.

I am sure chris will be ok with puzzle sharing, but yeah he could be losing out.
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

Right well my unplated Ti(SE) arrived on the 11/07/12 and today I managed to get it open admire its insides, so now I am ready to start sharing the puzzle!!
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

Brave man you are sharing the unplated version!
That being said PM me with some details I may be interested.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|

Return to “Titanium General”