Poll: A plea to Chris!

General Questions.

Should those who purchased all puzzles separately be allowed to purchase the Ti?

Yes
61%
No
35%
Chris I'll be your best friend!
4%

Total votes: 71

RichAE91

Re: Poll: A plea to Chris!

Post by RichAE91 »

I understand that people who have purchased all the previous puzzle feel it is unfair about the situation with the titanium but if Chris sells the titanium separately he will upset everyone who purchased the CE set. Also the people who purchased the CE set tend to be the people who were late to the revomaze scene and as a result missed out on the opportunity of obtaining several other Limited edition puzzles (handmade, Black extreme, Red) and i highly doubt anyone who purchased these limited edition puzzles would be happy if Chris decided to sell those to people who bought the CE set. So I dont think Chris should make the Ti available to outside of the CE set.

But I do think that for the series 2 puzzles (if there is one) he should sell from the start an ultimate collection in which you pay an initial amount (to show commitment to purchasing the entire set) then for every puzzle released (in the main series and limited editions) you get to purchase the puzzle with your desired serial number and upon the completion of the series Chris the sends everyone who purchased the Ultimate set a brand new core for each puzzle plus a Titanium style puzzle that is only part of the Ultimate set. That way everyone gets the opportunity to own every puzzle and have a core for display.
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

I think it's simple business. You either have X number of people willing to pay for a $100-200(US) puzzle, or you have Y number of people who are willing to pay $1000 for a collectors set.

If X > Y*5, then it makes sense financially to release it as a single puzzle, excluding that it may alienate a few in Y who bought solely for the exclusivity of the titanium instead of the value of the set as a whole. I for one would order one singly, but will not fork over the money for a collector's set considering I have all the puzzle in it.

I think there are enough people (X) who are willing to make this move profitable, myself included. If not, then maybe make an obsession version of the titanium maze, or keep making new revomazes that we can buy. It sounds like there are enough people willing to buy puzzles that making very limited editions is a losing game (unless production is shoddy, in which case I'm hesitant to buy a limited edition anyway).

Another example is the handmades. I am a total revo-freak, but I never got to order a handmade. Would I pay for one now? Of course, but I can't give Chris my dollars fast enough because it's not available. Make more puzzles and keep selling your inventory. The demand is much greater than the supply at this current moment! I have $1000 in my budget ready to spend on revos, but I want to buy new puzzles to solve, not collector's editions that will collect dust and maybe one day sell for profit. I'm not in this for profit, I'm in it for puzzling.

my two cents.
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

RichAE91 wrote:I understand that people who have purchased all the previous puzzle feel it is unfair about the situation with the titanium but if Chris sells the titanium separately he will upset everyone who purchased the CE set. Also the people who purchased the CE set tend to be the people who were late to the revomaze scene and as a result missed out on the opportunity of obtaining several other Limited edition puzzles (handmade, Black extreme, Red) and i highly doubt anyone who purchased these limited edition puzzles would be happy if Chris decided to sell those to people who bought the CE set. So I dont think Chris should make the Ti available to outside of the CE set.
I don't agree with this. People paid for a product. They will get that product. If I buy a one-of-a-kind painting in 2012, but then the artist makes more of them in 2013, that's his prerogative. I have no room to be angry. I got what I paid for. A painting by an artist. Is Chris to make a unique puzzle and then cut off his hands so he never makes one ever again?
RichAE91 wrote:But I do think that for the series 2 puzzles (if there is one) he should sell from the start an ultimate collection in which you pay an initial amount (to show commitment to purchasing the entire set) then for every puzzle released (in the main series and limited editions) you get to purchase the puzzle with your desired serial number and upon the completion of the series Chris the sends everyone who purchased the Ultimate set a brand new core for each puzzle plus a Titanium style puzzle that is only part of the Ultimate set. That way everyone gets the opportunity to own every puzzle and have a core for display.
This I whole-heartedly agree with and would pay for. I just want to have as many revomazes as possible because I'm addicted to the challenge. I could care less about the sentimental value of "collecting and reselling" for profit. That's stupid. Hoarders of both goods and money will one day die and leave their baggage for their kids to sell off or throw away. I say puzzle on and live your life! Onto the next revomaze please!! :mrgreen:
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
MT, SA
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

It would no doubt be profitable since there seems to be a very high interest in the Ti.
I originally was going to order the CE but when I found out it wouldnt be out for so long I spoke to chris about getting a matching set. My set was Chris' sons set that they were saving for someone who wanted the whole set. If I had waited I would have been ****** since I would not have touched a Revo yet!
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

thayneq wrote:I think it's simple business. You either have X number of people willing to pay for a $100-200(US) puzzle, or you have Y number of people who are willing to pay $1000 for a collectors set.

If X > Y*5, then it makes sense financially to release it as a single puzzle, excluding that it may alienate a few in Y who bought solely for the exclusivity of the titanium instead of the value of the set as a whole. I for one would order one singly, but will not fork over the money for a collector's set considering I have all the puzzle in it.

I think there are enough people (X) who are willing to make this move profitable, myself included. If not, then maybe make an obsession version of the titanium maze, or keep making new revomazes that we can buy. It sounds like there are enough people willing to buy puzzles that making very limited editions is a losing game (unless production is shoddy, in which case I'm hesitant to buy a limited edition anyway).

Another example is the handmades. I am a total revo-freak, but I never got to order a handmade. Would I pay for one now? Of course, but I can't give Chris my dollars fast enough because it's not available. Make more puzzles and keep selling your inventory. The demand is much greater than the supply at this current moment! I have $1000 in my budget ready to spend on revos, but I want to buy new puzzles to solve, not collector's editions that will collect dust and maybe one day sell for profit. I'm not in this for profit, I'm in it for puzzling.

my two cents.
I completely agree with this (as i ordered the CE set to solve the puzzles not display them) and i personally wouldnt be bothered about the Ti being available for others to buy provided the same opportunity was given to me for for limited editions i missed out on obtaining.
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

I agree. In business sense part of a sale is better than no sale at all. :ugeek:
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

RichAE91 wrote: I completely agree with this (as i ordered the CE set to solve the puzzles not display them) and i personally wouldnt be bothered about the Ti being available for others to buy provided the same opportunity was given to me for for limited editions i missed out on obtaining.
Your opinion, as a CE owner is very valuable in this discussion! Thanks for your input!! I love these puzzles and I think the more people who have them, the merrier. It's good business and good word of mouth. Limiting who has access to these puzzles is a great way to run your business underwater.
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
MT, SA
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

RichAE91 wrote:
I completely agree with this (as i ordered the CE set to solve the puzzles not display them) and i personally wouldnt be bothered about the Ti being available for others to buy provided the same opportunity was given to me for for limited editions i missed out on obtaining.
Mine would have been solved as well. Titanium is just another one that I want in my collection both to solve and to add more to my growing puzzle collection. I wasnt going to spend that kind of money to not solve them.
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
Fabregas485

Post by Fabregas485 »

I have mixed feelings. Its unfair on both sides, but again it is a limited puzzle. Thats like me asking to make more reds or blacks etc. It will not happen.
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
mattangel

Post by mattangel »

RichAE91 wrote:provided the same opportunity was given to me for for limited editions i missed out on obtaining.
They were, but you can't keep the obsession stocks around forever...

Return to “Titanium General”