Poll: A plea to Chris!

General Questions.

Should those who purchased all puzzles separately be allowed to purchase the Ti?

Yes
61%
No
35%
Chris I'll be your best friend!
4%

Total votes: 71

Fabregas485

Re: Poll: A plea to Chris!

Post by Fabregas485 »

Thats why I would not. I like the idea of having the puzzle as mine. I can pick it up at anytime etc
Black ob V2 - Recieved - On Loan
Blue ob - Ordered - My new toy has arrived
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

Just to help make sure it's not the squeaky wheel that gets the oil, I'd like to highlight he current numbers of 13 No's to 7 Yes's. I'm not saying your point of view isn't valid thayneq, I'm just saying others have a different point of view and that should not be ignored just because they aren't repeating it as many times or over as many lines.

The point is the Titanium is available to buy for £650. Yes that's very expensive, or as you have said numerous times, not expensive at all. There's a Black currently available for more than that, should get Chris to make more of those too. There was a Handmade available for less than that, but more than regular puzzles. The regular puzzles have varying prices too. Although your concern for Chris's business model is admirable, I suspect the damage done by going back on an original statement of availability would do more long term harm than the extra £'s gained by selling a particular Revo. We've just got a Gold, and an Orange, and there's rumors of more citrusy puzzles on the way. Im sure Chris will have many buyers providing him with £'s for his future designs. Sure you won't have every single Revo, but very few will.

And I'm sure many (all) here would say go for it in designing and selling your own work. With this lot around, I don't think the puzzle market place could ever be too crowded :lol:
Manifestjp

Post by Manifestjp »

Well I also don't see all 250 CE being sold. I hope so for Chris' sake. But for something that hasn't been released would you CE purchasers be that hurt if the general public was allowed to purchase Ti by itself? Really? Me personally I would care at all if Chris made more handmades or reds to sell. The more the merrier right? Can't we all just get along? :mrgreen:
BU00547-OPEN
GR00315-OPEN
BR00267-OPEN!!!
AG00157-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!
AU00054-OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R00054-Open
OR00054-OPEN!
Blue/Blue Pro Obs-Open
Green Obs-Open
Black Obs-Open (Pro Closed)
Red Obs-:(
LM00249-Working
R2 Voyager status 06! :)
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

Manifestjp wrote:Well I also don't see all 250 CE being sold. I hope so for Chris' sake. But for something that hasn't been released would you CE purchasers be that hurt if the general public was allowed to purchase Ti by itself? Really? Me personally I would care at all if Chris made more handmades or reds to sell. The more the merrier right? Can't we all just get along? :mrgreen:
my only issue with this is, like blue mentioned, we were sold items as LE, going against that would make chris dishonest.
thayneq wrote:
ReVoRabbit wrote: while chris does always do the best he can to keep us happy, he needed to entice folks to buy the CE once he commited to making them. he did that by adding in the Ti. once he sold one set based off the promise that only CE owners could own a Ti. if he went back on his word he faced losing many customers.
He wouldn't lose many customers. He would potentially upset the 11 people who bought collector's editions. But he would gain a whole bunch of new customers and make his other big spenders (like me, and everyone else who has all the puzzles but doesn't have a CE) very happy. Again, if he were selling extremely rare sports cars and could turn $100k each, this might be a different story, but you're a few orders of magnitude off from that...
had i not purchased a CE i'd still feel the same way. its about honesty. i used to buy from another high end metal puzzle producer, but due to his lack of honesty and straight forwardness, i stop buying. and he never wronged me. one of the reasons why i feel so passionate about revomaze is because chris is so honest and so about his customers.
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

the voters have spoken. my opinion is not shared among the majority. I think perhaps the flaw in all of this is that the promise you all keep referring to was made in order to sell puzzles and make people happy.... If it were me making the decisions, I wouldn't have promised this in the first place. I would just make killer puzzles, and sell lots of them for a reasonable price that appeals to both my bottom line, and to the customers.

Well it was worth a shot trying to voice my opinion, but it seems I'll never see a titanium. I have much better uses for $1000. What a shame.... On to the lime!! 8-)
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
maztec

Post by maztec »

I think there is a difference between people who mass produce puzzles with the intent of becoming filthy stinking rich and those who produce puzzles that are limited in edition, but are sold so they can live comfortably and survive.

Replace or supplement your day job versus invest in a million.

Both are cool, but I admit I like the artisanal puzzle designers more.

And a good business may just want to straddle both. It keeps the furious fans happy and close and bragging, while the general public get to play along too if they want.
OOOOOOOoo
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

thayneq wrote:...If it were me making the decisions, I wouldn't have promised this in the first place. I would just make killer puzzles, and sell lots of them for a reasonable price that appeals to both my bottom line, and to the customers.
FWIW, I agree. At this point in time, selling as many puzzles to all who want them is what Chris should be trying to do. After the Titanium I'd be surprised if we don't see another limited edition for quite a while.

ps. I didn't vote
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
ReVoRabbit

Post by ReVoRabbit »

thayneq wrote:I think perhaps the flaw in all of this is that the promise you all keep referring to was made in order to sell puzzles and make people happy.... If it were me making the decisions, I wouldn't have promised this in the first place. I would just make killer puzzles, and sell lots of them for a reasonable price that appeals to both my bottom line, and to the customers.
Agreed!
OWNER OF REVOMAZE Set 20
Since February 18 2009
Extreme
BU GR BR AG au pu BL R HM OR TI lm AQ
TQ MT IN CU GM sa GY BKM SP EM ru
PE
v2: BU GR BR Marbles: Brain Store MINI CE
Obsession
Black Body: BU GR R BL
Colored Body: BU GR R BL
Black v2: BUpro GR BL
Prototypes
BU Obs
Mint Peach
Jupiter
AndrusyszynPM

Post by AndrusyszynPM »

thayneq wrote:the voters have spoken. my opinion is not shared among the majority.
I think it's still a pretty close race, just look at the US primary elections for proof. Keep the faith!
AndrusyszynPM
BR00266 - Opened - January 7th, 2010
BU00848 - Opened - January 30th, 2010
GR00318 - Opened - February 2nd, 2010
AG00158 - Opened - June 25th, 2010
R00081 - Opened - August 2nd, 2010
AU00081 - OPENED - March 17th, 2013
OR00081 - Opened
LM00245 - In Hand
sjmh

Post by sjmh »

Redacted. I'd rather keep my thoughts to myself than hurt someone's feelings, even if accidentally. :)

I will say that I would love the opportunity to trade my Red X in for a TiX, considering the Red X's unusual circumstances. :)
Extremes:
Open
Open
Open
Paper weight
Looks pretty on my desk
Open
Ordered

Obsession:
Is lonely

Return to “Titanium General”