Poll: A plea to Chris!

General Questions.

Should those who purchased all puzzles separately be allowed to purchase the Ti?

Yes
61%
No
35%
Chris I'll be your best friend!
4%

Total votes: 71

RichAE91

Re: Poll: A plea to Chris!

Post by RichAE91 »

mattangel wrote:They were, but you can't keep the obsession stocks around forever...
why not there still making blue and green obs why not red (i understand why with the black v1) and also the hand made no one is given an oppurtunity to get there hands on one of these apart from the people who have purchased them (i understand they are made by hand but they dont have to be CAD copies could be made for 'mass' production and keep the hand mades as the limited editions because they were made by hand).
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

This topic is the exact reason why I suspect Chris will never make a limited set again - too many people get upset on both sides of the fence.

If I'd have ordered a CE set I don't thin I'd be that bothered it it were released as an obsession. What does irritate me with "Limited Editions" (of any puzzle or whatever) is when I buy one expecting there to be only x amount made and suddenly I find there's more for sale. It just makes it feel like a con and all credibility is lost. So far Chris has avoided this.
Manifestjp wrote:...As far as I can figure out is that there will be 3 purples. 1 each for the contests and the prototype...
Erm... not quite. There will be 1 Purple for whoever gets the series code. and then one for each of the fastest people who can open the Blue, Green, Bronze, Silver, and Gold at the live event (that's another 5). I don't know if there will be another 5 since there was then a plan for 2 live events. Then as you said, there will probably be a prototype (though I wouldn't bank on that becoming available. So, in total there will either be 6 or 11 purples depending on whether a set is made for bot the US and UK live events... if/when they happen.
RichAE91 wrote:...why not there still making blue and green obs why not red...
Because the Red obsession is a pretty unfair maze so much so that there is debate whether it should have been made. Some like it, some don't, some just see it as a "special" challenge.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
03SVTCobra

Post by 03SVTCobra »

I can understand the CE having a special feature or puzzle but some of us having entire matching numbered sets and did not want to wait for the CE and I'm glad I didn't because I would have missed out on years of great puzzling and meeting great people. My bank account might have been happier since I have become addicted to buying new puzzles!!
BU00060 :) GR00060 :) BR00060 :) AG00060 :) AU00060 :)
R00060 :) OR00060 :) LM00060 :) TI00030 :) CU00060 :) AQ00060 :) IN00060 :)
MT00060 :) TQ00060 :)GM :) HM :)
Blue Obs :) Green Obs :) Black Obs :) Black Obs V2 :) Red Obs :|
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

Fabregas485 wrote:I have mixed feelings. Its unfair on both sides, but again it is a limited puzzle. Thats like me asking to make more reds or blacks etc. It will not happen.
why not? there's certainly no physical limitation preventing production.
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
Mercury (paid :cry: )
MT, SA
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

bluesign2k wrote:
If I'd have ordered a CE set I don't thin I'd be that bothered it it were released as an obsession. What does irritate me with "Limited Editions" (of any puzzle or whatever) is when I buy one expecting there to be only x amount made and suddenly I find there's more for sale. It just makes it feel like a con and all credibility is lost. So far Chris has avoided this.
The only argument that supports this is that of investment resale value. And my gripe there is why invest in puzzles of only to sell them later? Let someone who has a passion for puzzles have your precious. Who cares if someone else gets a puzzle same as you? Doesn't make your puzzle any less intrinsically valuable! You paid for a puzzle, you got it. Why can't I too? So if you're a puzzler then it wouldn't matter, if you're a collector, then stop hoarding my puzzles and go collect stamps or diamonds you pack rat!! :D

Collecting, hoarding, selfishness boo!! :evil: Puzzling, feeling, and spreading joy, yay!! :D
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
MT, SA
thayneq

Post by thayneq »

Chris, want $1,000 from each of us? Make 5-10 new extreme revos. Done. forget limited edition thinking.
Opening order:
BR 50h. Fast=28s
BK Obs 12h.
BL 25m. Fast=12s.
GR 3h.
AG 20h. Fast=1m56s
AU 70h.
RD 1h.
RD Obs 6h.
OR 20h.
LM 40h. Fast=2m12s
IN 16h.
AQ 15m.
TI 8h.
CU Au plated

Not started:
CU

Waiting on:
MT, SA
RichAE91

Post by RichAE91 »

thayneq wrote:The only argument that supports this is that of investment resale value. And my gripe there is why invest in puzzles of only to sell them later? Let someone who has a passion for puzzles have your precious. Who cares if someone else gets a puzzle same as you? Doesn't make your puzzle any less intrinsically valuable! You paid for a puzzle, you got it. Why can't I too? So if you're a puzzler then it wouldn't matter, if you're a collector, then stop hoarding my puzzles and go collect stamps or diamonds you pack rat!! :D

Collecting, hoarding, selfishness boo!! :evil: Puzzling, feeling, and spreading joy, yay!! :D
I in total agreement here!!

and just FYI for anyone in uk i am more than willing to loan out my TiX (for people who do not have a CE set) to solve. Of course that will be after i have solved it myself and under the conditions it is taken good car of, of course :P
R1
Ex: Br V2 - O
LE: Ti (SE) 08-50 - O

Ex #88:
CE Assembled: Bu - O, Gr - O, Br - O, Ag - O, Au - C, Ti - O
LE: Or - O, LM - O,

Obs: Bl V1 - O, Bl V2 - O, Bu Pro - O

R2 Voyager #88
bluesign2k
Site Admin

Post by bluesign2k »

thayneq wrote:The only argument that supports this is that of investment resale value. And my gripe there is why invest in puzzles of only to sell them later? Let someone who has a passion for puzzles have your precious.
No actually, it's not. If it was never sold as limited then I'd buy it and wouldn't care how many are made. If it's sold as limited then it's being promised that that's as many as will ever be sold. If there's suddenly more of them then I've been lied to and there is no argument against that. I'm not saying any Revo should be limited, but if that's the way it was sold then that's the way it should stay. I don't sell my puzzles so any argument about intrinsic value and resale is pretty irrelevant too. And yeh, having something that is one of a limited set does give me a warm fuzzy feeling about it, but only because it makes it feel a bit special, not because I get enjoyment out of knowing others would like one but don't have one.

If Chris sold it as an obsession would you guys be happy? Indeed would those who have ordered a CE set be unhappy with this? That's the only route I can see that they would ever be made since Chris has said a number of time that he won't make them outside of the CE sets.
Puzzle wiki:
Puzzle Place
|11SE: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1deadAGv2repairAUwaitingTIopen
11LE: BLopenRopenORopenHMrepairLMPU
25: BUopenGRopenBRopenAGv1openAGv2openAUopen
Ob: BUopenGRopenBLopenBLv2openRD
Minirepair
1st to open a ReVoMaze
Stigy

Post by Stigy »

bluesign2k wrote:What does irritate me with "Limited Editions" (of any puzzle or whatever) is when I buy one expecting there to be only x amount made and suddenly I find there's more for sale. It just makes it feel like a con and all credibility is lost. So far Chris has avoided this.
maztec

Post by maztec »

What's done is done, what's promised is promised.

Don't try to change the past, but change the future.

Let the Ti go. I think Chris has more than clearly got the point though.

However, I do think it is reasonable to occasionally put out puzzles that cost just that much more and are limited in production (i.e., the Handmade). They're unusual, they're collector items, they're fun, and they just make us all a bit more envious :p.
OOOOOOOoo

Return to “Titanium General”